[41]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The story of Fred and George's flight to freedom was retold so often over the next few days that Sara could tell it would soon become the stuff of Hogwarts legend: within a week, even those who had been eye-witnesses were half-convinced they had seen the twins dive-bomb Umbridge on their brooms and pelt her with Dungbombs before zooming out of the doors. In the immediate aftermath of their departure there was a great wave of talk about copying them. Sara frequently heard students saying things like, 'Honestly, some days I just feel like jumping on my broom and leaving this place,' or else, 'One more lesson like that and I might just do a Weasley.'

Fred and George had made sure nobody was likely to forget them too soon. For one thing, they had not left instructions on how to remove the swamp that now filled the corridor on the fifth floor of the east wing. Umbridge and Filch had been observed trying different means of removing it but without success. Eventually, the area was roped off and Filch, gnashing his teeth furiously, was given the task of punting students across it to their classrooms. Sara was certain that teachers like McGonagall or Flitwick could have removed the swamp in an instant but, just as in the case of Fred and George's Wildfire Whiz-bangs, they seemed to prefer to watch Umbridge struggle.

The final match of the Quidditch season, Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, was to take place on the last weekend of May. Although Slytherin had been narrowly defeated by Hufflepuff in their last match, Gryffindor were not daring to hope for victory, due mainly (though of course nobody said it to him) to Ron's abysmal goal-keeping record. He, however, seemed to have found a new optimism.

'Alright so, Ron,' Sara started as they were putting on their Quidditch robes and equipment. She stared for a moment at her boyfriend's brother and cleared her throat, to make sure she has his attention and Nico's. 'You are one of the best keepers I know,' he gave her a disapproving look and she just rolled her eyes, continuing. 'You have to believe in yourself, out there it will only be you and that dammed quaffle that you have to catch so don't listen to the crowd, listen to yourself, let the desire of winning the cup fill you.'

The red head raised a brow at Sara. 'Nico knows what he is talking about, you really have a way with words.'

Nico smiled at Sara and managed to put on his gloves.

'How do you do it?' Ron suddenly asked Sara stopped midway putting her hair into a ponytail. 'How do you fly so well and score so easily?'

'When I'm on the pitch, the only thing I think about is what will happen after we win, how every Gryffindor will have a face full of happiness and how Professor McGonagall will be proud. That's one reason I play Quidditch and the other is because I love the looks Slytherins will have,' she chuckled, recalling Malfoy's face when they had won the cup in 3rd year.

'Something like that happens to me too,' Nico muttered from behind Ron.

'Don't tell me it is that easy,' the twin muttered and was surprised to see Sara smiling.

'Focus, determination and don't forget, have fun,' she winked and took her Firebolt from her cupboard.

Nico watched her all the time with a playful grin on his face.

'You are hot when you give advice,' he whispered into her ear just before Angelina walked out of the captain's room.

They trained hard for this match, Sara saw that she was quite proud of them. Being her last match as captain, the whole team assured Angelina they will do their best and win.