[46]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sara's feet hit solid ground; her knees buckled a little and the golden wizard's head fell with a resounding clunk to the floor. She looked around and saw that they had arrived in Dumbledore's office.

She sat down on the very same couch she seated one year ago, when Dumbledore told her she would stay at the Weasleys that summer.

Sara looked through the window. There was a cool line of pale green along the horizon: dawn was approaching.

The silence and the stillness, broken only by the occasional grunt or snuffle of a sleeping portrait, was unbearable to her.

She didn't dare speak knowing that her tears would win the battle she was having with them in that moment. Sirius was gone.

Harry was staring at her, waiting for something, anything, words or screams or tears, but Sara just stared at her feet, waiting for him to break the silence.

'Ah . . . the Potters . . .'

Phineas Nigellus gave a long yawn, stretching his arms as he surveyed Harry and then Sara out of shrewd, narrow eyes.

'And what brings you here in the early hours of the morning?' said Phineas eventually. 'This office is supposed to be barred to all but the rightful Headmaster. Or has Dumbledore sent you here? Oh, don't tell me . . .' He gave another shuddering yawn. 'Another message for my worthless great-great-grandson?'

'Sirius is dead,' Sara's voice was shaking as the three words escaped her lips and she fought the urge to burst into tears yet again.

Harry's staring could've pierced through her very soul, it was deathly.

'You know that's true,' she began, her voice more clear. 'And I feel exactly what you feel.'

'No you don't!' he whispered.

Sara let a bitter laugh out. 'How could I not? I loved Sirius too!'

'But he wasn't your godfather!' Harry began screaming. 'Yours is alive and has only some scratches and you would go back to sending him letters as soon as we are going back at the Dursleys.'

It was true, Sara had exchanged some letters with Remus; his were usually short but full of love.

'Or perhaps,' Harry continued and anger was visible in his eyes. 'You would spend you summer at the Weasleys yet again and I would be forced to stay with our dreadful relatives!'

'Harry you know that was for your safety!' she spat.

'Safety eh? That's why you didn't talk to me most of the time eh?'

'I tried for Merlin's sake, but you were so full of yourself and filled with worry and Voldemort's return that you forgot about your pathetic little sister, right? RIGHT?' Sara hissed and somehow, Harry's features began to soften.

'Sara I-'

'Save your excuses for other people, good Godric I am your sister. YOUR SISTER HARRY! And what did you do all year? Voldemort this, Voldemort that, DA this, DA that, detention with Umbridge and why won't Dumbledore look at me, BLAH BLAH BLAH!'