[33]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They sat in silence, waiting for any news. After Harry had told them all about his dream, no one dared to say anything else. Sara and Nico were sitting both in an armchair, holding tight onto each other. He rested his chin on the top of her head, running his hair through her dark-red locks from time to time while Sara's face was buried into his chest.

Neither of them said anything to each other since they left the office, both two shocked and frightened to speak, but the eyes, oh the eyes said everything.

Sara knew Nico was scared to death because his father was attacked and hopefully alive now that he was at St. Mugos.

She also knew that he was having the same question as her; why would Harry see the attack? Surely he didn't tell them something not to scare them off.

A burst of fire in midair illuminated the dirty plates in front of them and, as they gave cries of shock, a scroll of parchment fell with a thud on to the table, accompanied by a single golden phoenix tail feather.

'Fawkes!' said Sirius at once, snatching up the parchment. 'That's not Dumbledore s writing - it must be a message from your mother - here'

He thrust the letter into Georges hand, who ripped it open and read aloud: 'Dad is still alive. I am setting out for St Mungo's now. Stay where you are. I will send news as soon as I can. Mum.'

George looked around the table.

'Still alive . . .' he said slowly. 'But that makes it sound . . .'

He did not need to finish the sentence. It sounded to Sara, too, as though Mr Weasley was hovering somewhere between life and death. Still exceptionally pale, Ron stared at the back of his mother's letter as though it might speak words of comfort to him. Fred pulled the parchment out of George's hands and read it for himself.

Nico's grip tightened around Sara and she curled up like a cat onto Nico's lap, both falling asleep from the exhaustion.

Sara woke up and almost fell off Nico's lap when the kitchen door swung open and Mrs Weasley entered the kitchen. She was extremely pale, but when they all turned to look at her, Fred, Ron and Harry half rising from their chairs, she gave a wan smile.

'He's going to be all right,' she said, her voice weak with tiredness. 'He's sleeping. We can all go and see him later. Bill's sitting with him now; he's going to take the morning off work.'

Fred fell back into his chair with his hands over his face. George and Ginny got up, walked swiftly over to their mother and hugged her. Ron gave a very shaky laugh and downed the rest of his Butterbeer in one. Sara started to cry from happiness and Nico smiled, wiping her tears.

'Breakfast!' said Sirius loudly and joyfully, jumping to his feet. 'Where's that accursed house-elf? Kreacher! KREACHER!'

But Kreacher did not answer the summons.

'Oh, forget it, then,' muttered Sirius, counting the people in front of him. 'So, it's breakfast for - let's see - nine. . . bacon and eggs, I think, and some tea, and toast - '

Breakfast was also eaten in silence, followed by Mrs. Weasley's sobs from time to time.

The hours of sleep that followed were much needed. While Sara insisted Nico should go to sleep in his room as she could wake him up at any moment, Nico still sneaked up to her room and it was easier to fall asleep once they were in each other arms.

After lunch, Mad-Eye and Tonks came to escort them to St. Mugos. Sara had read about the magical hospital where they were named healers, not doctors like in the muggle world. She was also very interested in the subject after Remus told her that her mom wanted to become a healer, to help people.

She never intended to become a healer, as she wanted to be an auror, but the fact that she knew about her mother wanting to become one made her feel closer to Lily Potter, even if it was such little information.

'Hello!' Mr. Weasley called when they entered his room, throwing the Prophet aside. 'Bill just left, Molly, had to get back to work, but he says he'll drop in on you later.'

'How are you, Arthur?' asked Mrs Weasley, bending down to kiss his cheek and looking anxiously into his face. 'You're still looking a bit peaky.'

'I feel absolutely fine,' said Mr Weasley brightly, holding out his good arm to give Ginny a hug. 'If they could only take the bandages off, I'd be fit to go home.'

'Why can't they take them off, Dad?' Nico asked.

'Well, I start bleeding like mad every time they try,' said Mr Weasley cheerfully, reaching across for his wand, which lay on his bedside cabinet, and waving it so that eight extra chairs appeared at his bedside to seat them all. 'It seems there was some rather unusual kind of poison in that snakes fangs that keeps wounds open. They're sure they'll find an antidote, though.'

Sara felt better after seeing that Mr. Weasley was happy, talking to his family and telling them about the other patients he was sharing the room with.

But Mad-Eye and Tonks' conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley left her with a lot of questions. Was Harry possessed by Voldemort or it was only a nightmare that came true?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───