[82]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Draco watched as Sara studied many of the bookshelves in the room, her eyes wandering over the spines of older books, her fingers carefully tracing the words written there.

The blonde could tell that the girl was slowly going insane trapped in that room of hers so, on one or the weekends he got off from school, he had decided to bring the ginger to the manor's library.

She looked peaceful among books, even if he knew most of them weren't quite the friendly type. The girl scowled at most of the titles, her eyes going a darker shade than her normal hazel.

"Why do you have so many books that involve dark magic?" she asked, her voice coming from the far end of the library. Sara shook her head to herself. "Actually, don't answer that."

Draco chuckled, approaching her and dragging the girl to another section. "No books with dark magic here."

Sara's eyes lit up as she read all the titles. "Merlin's jurnal? How in the world have you got that?"

"We're the Malfoys, aren't we?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "Right."

She hummed to herself as she started flipping pages of the book, her eyes drinking the words in thirstily. The wizarding world had always been huge and Sara's mission was to learn about it, not just the things displayed for them to learn, but every kind of magic, every hidden piece of history, even the littlest detail mattered.

Her world was interesting and brought many opportunities, but also risks, such as what she was doing now, walking so carelessly through the library of a manor full of Death Eaters.

Draco was following her, a constant space between them so the ginger could have her privacy. He appeared to seem unbothered with his hands inside his pockets and bored expression, but it was truly a war in full bloom inside his head.

The first thing was the fact that his parents had requested him to be home that night which meant only one thing: the Dark Lord would be there and he would show no mercy towards the girl who was peacefully reading a book.

Then it was what he had in mind for her and if he would kill her or not. The blonde hated the idea of seeing her gone, despite all of her mean comments and dirty looks, she was great company, but he also wanted her to be anywhere else but the manor at that point.

Nicolas Weasley had freaked out when Draco gave him Sara's wand, all of the color draining out of his face. The blonde knew the Weasley would be reckless and try to get his love out himself, but Draco advised him to tell his relatives as soon as possible until he figured out something.

Of course there was also no guarantee the Malfoy heir would succeed in his task of getting the Potter girl out.

"Your ring," Draco whispered suddenly, surprising both of them after breaking the silence.

"My ring?" she had her brows furrowed in confusion when she turned around, looking at the ring on her finger curiously.

"That's the Black family ring."

Sara nodded, water pooling in her eyes. She remembered every word written in the letter to Sirius from his little brother and every time she heard the name or thought about it, she imagined how they could've had ages together to mend their relationship.