[13]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Despite the very heavy load of homework that the fourth years had been given for the holidays, Sara was in no mood to work when term ended, and spent the week leading up to Christmas enjoying herself as fully as possible along with everyone else. Gryffindor Tower was hardly less crowded now than during term-time; it seemed to have shrunk slightly too, as its inhabitants were being so much rowdier than usual.

Sara closed the door to her dorm and she quickly went into the Common Room, only to see Ginny, Harry and Nico around Ron.

'What happened to you?' Sara asked, smirking.

'He asked Fleur to be his date to the Yule Ball, when she was talking to Diggory,' Ginny grinned back.

'You what?' Sara couldn't hide her smile.

'Well she activated her Veela charm, that's why!' Ron exclaimed.

'I can't believe that you and Harry don't have partners, already,' Nico muttered.

'Well Sara can go with Ron, she is a girl,' Harry said.

'Well spotted, brother,' she started with an annoyed tone. 'It took you fourteen years to find out. Anyways I can't."

Sara looked at Nico who was smirking.

'Why not?' Ron asked.

'I already have a date, you idiots.'

'You do?' Harry asked and he raised his eyebrows. 'Who?"

'Well I think that my date here is hungry, wanna go to dinner, Sara?' Nico smiled.

'Yeah, I could eat a giant spider,' she laughed.

They left the Common Room, leaving the others stare after them wide-eyed.

#

Sara awoke very suddenly on Christmas Day. Wondering what had caused her abrupt return to consciousness, she opened her eyes, only to see Hermione standing on her bed.

'Merry Christmas. There's a boy that wants to see you at the foot of the stairs,' she said, giggling.

'Merry Christmas, who is it?'

'You'll see,' Hermione smiled.

Sara got up from her bed, she quickly put on another shirt and she ran past her pile of presents that she'll have time to open later. She took the present for Nico with her, because Sara knew it was him down there. She was right, he was waiting for her, a box in his hands.

He quickly threw his arms around her.

'Merry Christmas,' Nico said when they broke apart, smiling.

'Merry Christmas to you too,' Sara smiled back. 'That's for you.'

'And that's for you.'

They exchanged presents and went to sit on the sofa in front of the fireplace.

They always gave many things to each other because they didn't really know what to give.

They opened their presents at the same time. In the box there were three things: an emerald-green sweater, Mrs. Weasley's work, a pair of antlers and another little box. Nico was now holding the red sweater Sara got for him.

'Wanna put them on?' he asked, smiling.

'Yeah,' Sara giggled.

He looked really good in the red sweater, Sara knew that he would. She slowly put on the emerald-green sweater she got from him. It was comfortable and soft. And then she put on the antlers.

'You look like Rudolph!' Nico exclaimed, smiling.

'Oh yeah? You only need the hat and a beard and boom! Santa is there,' she laughed.

Nico smiled and unwrapped the box in which he found something that looked like an antic pocket watch. Sara already knew what it was. He opened it and he looked surprised at the compass.

'It's a magic compass,' Sara started. 'It also has a twin. You can find anyone with it and you can send messages to the one who has the other one, and that is me.'

'Whoah, this is amazing,' he happily said. 'But you shouldn't have went through all this trouble, it cost a lot, didn't it?'

'It doesn't matter, I wanted to give you something special,' Sara smiled.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her tight.

'Well open the last thing I got for you,' he muttered when they broke apart.

Sara did as he said. In the little box, carefully wrapped in a shiny red paper, it was a little gold necklace. At its end there was a lightbulb.

'I think that it would look good on you, tonight,' he smiled.

'Thank you,' Sara said, smiling back.

'Do you need some help to put it on?' Nico asked.

'Yeah.'

Sara held her hair and Nico put the necklace around her neck, closing the lock. After he made sure it won't fall off, they made their way to breakfast.

#

After a long day of laughing with the Weasleys and eating Christmas treats, it was finally time to go get ready for the Yule Ball so Sara told Nico to meet her at the entrance of the Great Hall and she walked to her dorm. Hermione was already there, doing her hair.

'Oh hi, Mione. Your hairstyle looks great.'

'Thanks, Sara,' Hermione smiled.

It took a really long time to get that dress, Sara had to send a letter and money to Mrs. Weasley  to help her just the best one. Sara was looking at a long, maroon dress and she absolutely loved it (Mrs. Weasley said it would match with her redhair and hazel eyes ). Sara put it on, the material was soft and nice.

The hairstyle she went for was pretty and simple. She put some of her hair back, making it into a difficult looking rose and she also let two locks of hair to create a cute effect on her face. The rest of her hair was falling in sweet waves on her back.

She also put on the star earrings Sirius got her for Christmas and they looked good with Nico's necklace and Sara's scar on her left shoulder. Sara put on her favorite rose perfume and that was it, she was happy with the result.

As soon as Hermione was ready, (which took a lot of frickin time, Sara didn't know that Hermione was like that) they made their way to the Great Hall. Sara earned a lot of glances from the boys in her year but she didn't care, the only boy she wanted to see was waiting for her in front of the Great Hall.

Sara and Hermione went on their ways when she spotted Viktor Krum and wished Sara to have night with Nico.

Sara saw him, in his dressrobes, looking spectacular. His hair wasn't done in any way, but its natural look was the one who made it perfect. His dressrobes were black and it matched his hair perfectly. His black eyes were scanning the crowd, looking for the redhead. When he finally spotted Sara, her heart did a flip-flop inside of her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───