[44]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Forbidden Forest-Thestrals-Flying-Ministry of Magic-Department of Mysteries.

Sara couldn't believe she flew all the way to London on a creature that only four of them could see.

Sara made sure Nico didn't fall off the back of the creature so she was in front, her grip tight around the Thestral's neck.

And then the little vandalized telephone box were they almost didn't fit. Harry then led them trough the Atrium and Sara couldn't help but look around with interest, the golden fountain begin the most interesting thing.

She couldn't study it more as they struggled to fit in a lift yet again and it began going down.

'Department of Mysteries.'

They stepped out into the corridor where nothing was moving out but the nearest torches, flickering in the rush of air from the lift.

A plain black door stood in front of them.

'OK, listen,' said Harry, stopping within six feet of the door. 'Maybe a couple of people should stay here as a lookout, and- '

'And how're we going to let you know something's coming?' asked Ginny, her eyebrows raised. 'You could be miles away.'

'We're not going to leave you alone!' Sara exclaimed and Nico jumped next to her.

'We're coming with you, Harry,' said Neville.

'Let's get on with it,' said Ron firmly.

Harry opened the door and led them through it. Sara had her wand out within seconds, knowing that what they were doing was either going to get them killed or they would be lucky and escape with Sirius in time.

The place was high as a church and full of nothing but towering shelves covered in small, dusty glass orbs. They glimmered dully in the light issuing from more candle-brackets set at intervals along the shelves; their flames were burning blue. The room was very cold.

'You said it was row ninety-seven,' whispered Hermione.

'Yeah,' breathed Harry.

'We need to go right, I think,' whispered Sara, squinting to the next row. 'Yes that's fifty-four.'

'Keep your wands ready,' Harry said softly.
They crept forward, glancing behind them as they went on down the long alleys of shelves, the further ends of which were in near-total darkness. Tiny, yellowing labels had been stuck beneath each glass orb on the shelves. Some of them had a weird, liquid glow; others were as dull and dark within as blown light bulbs.
They passed row eighty-four, eighty-five...

'Ninety-seven!' whispered Hermione.

They stood grouped around the end of the row, gazing down the alley beside it. There was nobody there.

'He's right down at the end,' said Harry. 'You can't see properly from here.'

And he led them between the towering rows of glass balls, some of which glowed softly as they passed.