[84]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

She propped her chin on her knees as she watched the snowflakes run down the window and the world turn white.

Sara just found out a couple of hours before that it was Christmas Eve, even if she knew winter break had started for a while already because of Draco constantly deciding to visit and annoy her.

Nico was surely safe with his family and the ginger couldn't help, but wonder how he was doing and how things were working out for everyone.

She wondered if Remus stayed with Tonks.

Christmas had always been a holiday she could associate with light, even if it didn't became real until she and Harry got to spend it at Hogwarts.

This year she felt how dark everything was even if the world was slowly swallowed by the miracle of winter, by snow and wind and cold.

And darkness was truly everywhere, the essence of Voldemort seeping into each corner of the mansion, sometimes waking Sara up while she shivered uncontrollably.

She wasn't afraid of him, no, but she certainly knew what he was capable of. For the last few weeks, Bellatrix would lock her in another guest room until he would open the door and fill everything with his presence.

Sara hadn't been tortured by him yet, but the 5 minutes he spent staring straight into her eyes started to give her nightmares. Her red wasn't the same anymore.

"You've been staring at me for the past 10 minutes, Malfoy, are you going to get your annoying ass over there and tell me what you want or remain frozen in place?" Sara stole only a quick glance at him before her eyes sought the calmness of winter view once again.

He shrugged and walked over to the bed, plopping down next to her. "Why do you think I always want something?"

"That's how it is with you," she whispered, her eyes never leaving the window. Winter was all around, now even next to her.

"What if I just want to spend some time in your company?"

"And I'm gonna be the next Divination teacher."

A slight chuckle escaped him. "No mercy."

Sara looked at him, and in that moment he was just a boy, a friend perhaps who she could have a conversation with or they would end up doing some fucked up shit together, because that's what Draco Malfoy was, predictable most of the time, but unpredictable each time he let himself be vulnerable in front of her.

"You are winter," the ginger voiced her earlier thoughts, and the blinding light of the season made him look even paler while it was reflected on his skin. He looked like a prince, like he could make the snow fall himself.

He raised a brow. "Why is that?"

"You're cold, and predictable, but then you're someone else and you make my desire to smash your face in disappear a little."

"Such sweet words coming from your mouth, Potter. Do you want to smash my face in now?"

"Don't search for answers you won't be able to find."