[23]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The summer started and Sara felt as though she might fly from all the happiness she felt. The first week of her staying at the Weasleys was filled by Quidditch with Nico, Ron, the twins and Ginny; by late nigh sneaking in the living-room where Sara and Nico started to do their holiday homework and mostly ended up in making up. One time they were almost caught kissing by Mrs. Weasley who looked as though she might faint when she saw Sara and her boy doing homework at 5 am.

One particular day, all the Weasley kids (except Percy) and Sara woke up early to watch the sunrise but their free time ended when they each received chores, except Sara. Without even thinking, she insisted on helping around because she always did that at her relatives and after all the times she pulled out puppy eyes, Mrs. Weasley gave in.

Living at the Burrow was chaos and fun. Ginny would always wake Sara up at the most unexpected times so that they could take the bathroom before any of the Weasley boys was up. The stairs would be crowded as they all went down for breakfast. Nico would splash Sara with water as she passed the bathroom when he was brushing his teeth; they usually ended up soaking wet in the bathtub, laughing and kissing until Fred, or George would wonder where they had disappeared.

The dinner would be always great, made with love by Mrs. Weasley. There Sara had to pretend she was interested in Percy's long speeches about his latest raport. She would also answer all Mr. Weasley's questions about muggle things (at who Mrs. Weasley would always throw a frustrated look) only to be saved by Nico; who always seemed to need help with something, but in the end they would hide somewhere and be alone until Mrs. Weasley yelled after them.

For her, the Weasley family was the ideal magical family. They took her under their wing and even claimed her as their own (even tho she was a redhead herself and no one would notice).

One evening, as Sara was helping Mrs. Weasley with dinner, she accidentally called her 'mom'. She blushed from embarrassment and looked up at Mrs. Weasley who burst into tears and pulled her into a bone breaking hug until Fred and George saved her.

A few days after Hermione's arrival, Sara had planned a big dinner for all of them. She had insisted in cooking it herself, even tho the muggle way would take much longer.

'You really are going to do it, aren't you?' Nico's amused voice came from the front porch.

Sara was just hanging the laundry in the garden. 'Yes I will and I'm not going to burn the food as your darling brothers always say.'

'I know, they are just joking,' Nico chuckled and helped her hang a rather long sheet.

'And Ron is going to kill me if I burn any of his precious food,' Sara continued.

'That he might; you sure you don't need any help?'

'Yes, I'm sure. I've cooked loads of times for my relatives, Dudley would say I'm quite skilled,' Sara mumbled and took the empty basket and attempted to go into the house.

'No, not so quickly...' Nico started and caused Sara to drop the basked as he connected his lips with hers.

She chuckled against his lips and there passed a few long moments until they pulled apart.

'No, no! Don't distract me!'

Nico chuckled and gave her another quick kiss on the mouth.

'I'm so glad that you are here, love,' Nico said and his ears started to turn red.

Sara felt her heart fly when he called her love. They had to sneak around for those rare moments to happen, as no one knew about them yet.

'I might die from cuteness but I really have to prepare that dinner.'

'Yes m'am.'

Sara gave him a last kiss on the cheek and walked into the empty kitchen.

Ron almost fainted when he saw the amount of food Sara had prepared for dinner.

Mountains of potatoes, roasted chicken, cheese pasta, cranberry sauce, meat pies where settled on the table. Sara couldn't be happier when everyone had thanked her for the food.

No one had waited any second longer to dig in the goodies.

As chatter was filling the crowded living-room, no one expected what would the night bring to them.

It came in the form of the 3rd son, Percy Weasley, who had just arrived home from work.

'Mom! I've been promoted!' he shouted from the entrance.

'Mrs. Weasley's face lit up as she went to hug Percy. 'Oh dear, it's wonderful!'

Sara looked around at the Weasleys, they all had surprised expressions on their faces, especially Mr. Weasley.

Percy broke out of his mother's embrace and sat at the table, along with everyone else.

'So what happened, son?' Mr. Weasley asked, raising a brow.

'Just like I said, they've promoted me! I've been given a position in Fudge's own office: Junior assistant to the Minister!'

Ron's jaw dropped open, causing the potatoes to fall out of his mouth. Fred and George exchanged surprised looks, Ginny looked at Percy in disbelief and Nico was just staring at him with wide eyes. Sara and Hermione were just looking at each other, feeling out of place.

Percy was just waiting for his dad to congratulate him, but Mr. Weasley was everything but impressed.

'I reckon, son, that the Minister wants you in his office to make a spy out of you,' he started.

'You're just jealous I've got promoted!' Percy exclaimed, looking furious.

'Why would I want to be Fudge's spy?'

'Don't you dare say something like that about the Minister! Since I've joined the Ministry I struggled against your lousy reputation and you never had any ambition, that's why you've never been promoted and the family struggles with money! But now that I've got the chance to make something out of myself, you just go all jealous on me!' Percy shouted, standing up from his chair.

'You know damn well that Fudge wants to spy on the family and on Dumbledore! He thinks Dumbledore is joking about You-Know-Who's return!' Mr. Weasley also yelled, jumping up on his feet.

'Dumbledore is just an old wizard who's telling lies just to become the mister of magic! He really is heading for big trouble and you will go down with him, but I won't! My loyalty lies with the Ministry and if you are going to be traitors I'll make sure everybody knows I'm not a miserable Weasley!' Percy finished, turned around and headed for the stairs.

Sara couldn't believe her ears. She and Percy got along pretty well, despite all the boring stuff he always told her but she couldn't believe that he would betray his family like that. There were voices and crying and when Sara managed to get out of that daze, she heard Nico whispering into her ear.

'Let's go upstairs, Hermione and Ron have gone already.'

Sara nodded and got up, letting Nico to take her hand and pull her all the way to his and Ron's bedroom.

After a long and sleepless night, that was filled with talks about Percy and his sudden outburst, they found out that he packed his things and left The Burrow.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───