[56]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Snow was swirling against the icy windows once more; Christmas was approaching fast. Hagrid had already singlehandedly delivered the usual twelve Christmas trees to the Great Hall; garlands of holly and tinsel had been twisted around the banisters of the stairs; everlasting candles glowed from inside the helmets of suits of armor and great bunches of mistletoe had been hung at intervals along the corridors.

Sara and Nico didn't mind the rumors of them dating, most of them coming only from girls that tried to gain Nico's attention in the past. The rest of the school seemed to be fine with it, as most of them already expected those two to be together. However they still didn't kiss in public and certainly did not either in the presence of Ron or Harry, who, to Sara's amusement were still very oblivious about the situation. Not that Sara and Nico were complaining as they didn't get any scoldings from their brothers.

One night Sara, Nico, Harry and Hermione found themselves in the library, Harry mostly trying to finish his DADA homework while the other three were chatting away about potions.

There was a lack of Ron in their presence lately, as the bushy haired girl and the freckled redhead were not talking and Lavender was practice at his side every second.

As Sara found one of the potions books Hermione recommended, the redhead began reading, with Nico peering over her shoulder.

'Sara?' the voice of no other than Parvati Patil came from behind her and the whole group snapped their attention to the girl.

'Hey, Parvati! How are you?'

'I'm fine, thank you. Er- I was told to give you this,' she said and handed a piece of rolled parchment that Sara saw before whenever Harry would receive one to have a lesson with Dumbledore. She took it from Parvati's hand a muttered a 'thank you'.

With a nod, the girl left the others to curiously read the piece of parchment.

'Dumbledore wants me to go to his office, now' Sara swallowed a bit hard, not knowing what was going to happen.

Nico put a reassuring hand on the small of her back and she looked at him.

'Just go, and if you return late I'll be in my dorm, alright?' he said softly and pushed her slightly, to make her stand up.

'Well then, I'll see you later guys,' she whispered and with a goodbye from Hermione and her brother, she walked out of the library, hugging the bit of parchment to her chest.

She muttered the password Dumbledore wrote for her to the gargoyle and it sprung to life to life, revealing the golden staircase that led to the headmasters office.

She climbed the stairs and before she could knock on the door it opened by itself, revealing the grand office full of interesting magic devices and two people; Dumbledore and to her disappointment, Snape.

'Hello, Sara, come in, come in,' Dumbledore's soft voice reached her ears and she obeyed, walking until she found herself a few feet away from his desk.

'I've been wanting to speak with you about this for a while now and I must tell you that I don't think we should wait any longer.'

Except Sara didn't pay much attention to his words, she was focused on Snape's cold gaze.

'What is he-uhm Professor Snape doing here?' she couldn't hide her curiosity.