[10]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

'Like them, Potter?' said Malfoy loudly as Sara and Nico approached the Slytherins and the Gryffindors that were already in front of the Potions classroom. 'And this isn't all they do - look!'

He pressed his badge into his chest, and the message upon it vanished, to be replaced by another one, which glowed green:

POTTER STINKS!

The Slytherins howled with laughter. Each of them pressed their badges too, until the message POTTER STINKS was shining brightly all around Harry. Sara felt the heat rise in her face and neck.

Sara tried to find any kind of irritation on Harry's face but he knew how to hide his emotions better than anyone she knew.

'Oh very funny,' Hermione said sarcastically to Pansy Parkinson and her gang of Slytherin girls, who were laughing harder than anyone, 'really witty.'

Ron was standing against the wall with Dean and Seamus. He wasn't laughing, but he wasn't sticking up for Harry either.

'Want one, Granger?' said Malfoy, holding out a badge to Hermione. 'I've got loads. But don't touch my hand, now. I've just washed it, you see; don't want a Mudblood sliming it up.'

Next time Sara looked at Harry and Malfoy, they had their wands drawn and jets of light shot from both wands, hit each other in midair, and ricocheted off at angles -- Harry's hit Goyle in the face, and Malfoy's hit Hermione.

Goyle bellowed and put his hands to his nose, where great ugly boils were springing up -Hermione, whimpering in panic, was clutching her mouth. Her teeth were getting longer and longer by the second and Ron hurried forward to see if he can help her.

'And what is all this noise about?' said a soft, deadly voice.

Snape had arrived. The Slytherins clamored to give their explanations; Snape pointed a long yellow finger at Malfoy and said, 'Explain.'

'Potter attacked me, sir -'

'We attacked each other at the same time' Harry shouted.

'- and he hit Goyle - look -'

Snape examined Goyle, whose face now resembled something that would have been at home in a book on poisonous fungi.

'Hospital wing, Goyle,' Snape said calmly.

'Malfoy got Hermione!' Ron said. 'Look!'

He forced Hermione to show Snape her teeth - she was doing her best to hide them with her hands, though this was difficult as they had now grown down past her collar.

Snape looked coldly at Hermione, then said, 'I see no difference.'

Hermione let out a whimper; her eyes filled with tears, she turned on her heel and ran, ran all the way up the corridor and out of sight.

Sara watched in terror as Ron and Harry started shouting at Snape who took 50 points from Gryffindor and gave them both detention.

As Sara and Nico were already preparing their antidotes, Colin Creevey, a boy from 3rd year called for Harry that stormed out as soon as he got the chance.

'This Malfoy, he's horrible,' Sara muttered as she was stirring the liquid from her cauldron.

'Took you long enough to figure that one out,' Nico chuckled and he watched Sara on the corner of his eyes as she was reading through her recipe.

'And Snape thinks he is some sort of a puppy who deserves no detention and no punishment,' she continued, looking at Nico. 'Why are you laughing?'

'I've never heard you talk like that,' he said, trying not to burst into more laughter.

'And you have never seen me doing this,' Sara muttered and pointed her wand at Draco's cauldron.

Nico didn't hear the words she muttered but moments later, green smoke with the smell of garbage came out of Draco's antidote.

Snape, which was walking through the desks and examining their work, turned as Draco yelled in frustration.

'Professor, I-' Draco started.

'It looks like,' Snape cut him off, cleaning the substance from Draco's cauldron, 'you are getting a 0 today, Mr. Malfoy.'

Draco crossed his arms and muttered something that sounded like 'my father will hear about this'.

Sara chuckled and made an innocent face in front of Nico. 'He got what he deserved.'

'Yes,' he said in a low voice, trying not to burst into laughter again, his smile as big as Sara's.

She could also swear that Snape smiled as he looked at Sara's finished antidote.

'Malfoy!' he suddenly shouted. 'As you are doing nothing, we shall try Potter's finished antidote on you.'

Draco stared at him wide-eyed.

Nico chuckled and turned the fire down, signaling that his antidote was finished too.

Snape filled a little glass bottle with Sara's pink antidote and got out of his drawer a bottle with a green liquid; poison.

'Drink this first, Malfoy,' he hissed and the boy took a sip from the green liquid.

Immediately, Draco's ears started turning red and drops of blood were flowing from his nose.

He reached for the other bottle Snape gave him and drank the pink antidote.

In a matter of seconds, the effects of the poison were gone.

'Looks like Potter brewed her antidote correctly Malfoy so are going to be just fine,' he smirked and threw one look at Malfoy which looked angry. 'Now, the rest of you will each put your antidote in a bottle with your name on it and gave it to me so I can mark your work. Miss. Potter gets a 100% and (Sara thought she didn't hear right) 20 points for Gryffindor.'

The Slytherins looked furious as they were filling their bottles and the Gryffindors were all smiling at Sara.

'No one ever—' Nico started and was interrupted by Sara which told him to hand in his antidote.

It was the first time Sara and Nico left the Potions classroom smiling.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───