[12]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The second task would take place only on the 24th of February so Harry had a long break to kill. He needed to solve the clue that the golden egg held, but whenever he would try to open it, the room was filled with a terrible scream.

Everything went back to normal. The students were supporting Harry like they suported Cedric and Sara was glad they finally grew up.

The night after the first task was bloody amazing. The Gryffindors threw a party for Harry and Sara danced 'till Nico had to carry her into the boys' dorm and they fell asleep together, on his bed.

The start of December brought wind and sleet to Hogwarts. Drafty though the castle always was in winter. Sara was glad of its fires and thick walls every time she and Nico passed the Durmstrang ship on the lake, which was pitching in the high winds, its black sails billowing against the dark skies. Sara thought the Beauxbatons caravan was likely to be pretty chilly too. Hagrid, they all noticed, was keeping Madame Maxime's horses well provided with their preferred drink of single-malt whiskey; the fumes wafting from the trough in the comer of their paddock was enough to make the entire Care of Magical Creatures class light-headed.

#

'Potter! Weasley! Will you pay attention?'

Professor McGonagall's irritated voice cracked like a whip through the Transfiguration class on Thursday, and Harry and Ron both jumped and looked up.

Sara looked at them, amused. Nico tried to hide his laugh.

'Now that Potter and Weasley have been kind enough to act their age,' professor McGonagall said, with an angry look at the pair of them as the head of Harry's haddock drooped and fell silently to the floor - Ron's parrot's beak had severed it moments before - 'I have something to say to you all. The Yule Ball is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish -'

Lavender Brown let out a shrill giggle. Parvati Patil nudged her hard in the ribs, her face working furiously as she too fought not to giggle. They both looked around at Harry, Professor McGonagall ignored them.

'Dress robes will be worn,' she continued, 'and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then -'

Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the class.

'The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down,' she said, in a disapproving voice.

Lavender giggled harder than ever, with her hand pressed hard against her mouth to stifle the sound. Sara could see what was funny this time: Professor McGonagall, with her hair in a tight bun, looked as though she had never let her hair down in any sense.

'But that does NOT mean,' she went on, 'that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way.'

The bell rang, and there was the usual scuffle of activity as everyone packed their bags and swung them onto their shoulders.

'Yule Ball and dancing, huh? I hope I won't entirely make a fool out of myself,' Nico said, grinning, as soon as they walked out of the classroom.

'Says one of the best dancers I've met,' Sara said, smirking back.

Sara and Nico made their way to the Great Hall to have lunch. When Sara entered, Nico stayed in the doorway and he started to blush.

'Er, I know that we've been told about this only a couple of minutes ago but I honestly can't wait to say it,' he said.

'Well then say it,' Sara said and smiled.

'Sara-Mary Potter, would you like to attend the Yule Ball with me?' he asked, and his face turned red.

Sara knew she started to blush. She walked closer to him and put her hands on his cheeks.

'Nicolas Weasley , yes, I would love to attend the Yule Ball with you,' Sara said smiling.

He smiled back.

'Come on you, that strawberry tart and that chocolate cake are waiting for us!' she exclaimed.

The two friends walked to the Gryffindor table,  happy and hungry.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───