[95]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The sky was impossibly blue; Sara had never seen it be so clear, so devoid of any clouds or any birds flying through. It was truly beautiful, so clear; it reminded her oddly of Ron's eyes.

The redhead blinked multiple times as her vision adjusted to the weird light around her; her surroundings were unknown, but also oddly familiar.

She was sitting on a marble bench on the left side of a yard, a pretty little yard, a willow tree in the back making it the perfect spot for reading.

Sara was wearing a simple white dress which she had never seen in her entire life; it flowed around her because of the soft breeze.

And then they appeared.

The back door of the house creaked and two figures came through it, chatting animately; a man and a woman.

The woman was of average height, with a stunning long mane of red hair, the same as hers, a gentle smile, a petite nose, piercing emerald green eyes and the same time of flowing white dress as Sara...and the man, the man was tall. His hair was messy as hell, the messy she sometimes tried to tame and his hazel eyes were framed by crooked round glasses, a huge grin on his face. The eyes and the grin, she had seen them looking in the mirror so often, tears started streaming down her face.

The man, James Potter, unbuttoned some of the buttons of his white shirt, letting the gentle breeze touch the exposed skin of his neck.

The woman, Lily Potter, waved at Sara, her smile infectious.

She was on the verge of breaking as she stood up from the bench, approaching her parents with unsure steps. This was all she has ever wanted, her family, alive at last, everyone together, carefree expressions on their faces.

Standing in front of them, only inches separating them, Sara couldn't believe her own eyes. The people she had seen for almost eighteen years in herself, in numerous mirrors, in such few photographs; they were in front of her.

"Mum? Dad?" her voice broke at the words, the first words she ever spoke to them.

"It's okay, darling, you were so brave," Lily said gently, spreading her arms, inviting her daughter into a warm embrace.

"The bravest really! Our daughter can only be the best," James announced; it was outrageous to believe his Sara was anything other than the best.

Lily chuckled. "Shut up, Jamie. You better hug us."

As her father's arms came around the woman, everything felt so safe and warm; it felt just like the first time Sara got to see the ocean, Fleur trailing after her and the Sheryl cottage buzzing with activity on the hill.

"How is this possibly happening, how in the world is this moment real?" Sara murmured, greedily inhaling her parents scent, oranges and vanilla.

"Sometimes sacrifices receive great prizes in return," James replied, running his fingers through his daughter's soft hair.

"What did you receive through your sacrifice? Really, nothing good came out of it. I missed you everyday and every night, every 31th of October."