[27]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

'So we're not supposed to be prepared for what's waiting for us out there?'

'There is nothing waiting out there, Mr Potter,'

'Oh, yeah?' Harry muttered.

'Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourselves?' enquired Professor Umbridge in a horribly honeyed voice.

'Hmm, let's think . . .' said Harry in a mock thoughtful voice. 'Maybe . . . Lord Voldemort?'

Ron gasped; Lavender Brown uttered a little scream; Neville slipped sideways off his stool. Professor Umbridge, however, did not flinch.

'Now, let me make a few things quite plain.'
Professor Umbridge stood up and leaned towards them, her stubby-fingered hands splayed on her desk.

'You have been told that a certain Dark wizard has returned from the dead - '

'He wasn't dead,' said Harry angrily, 'but yeah, he's returned!'

'As I was saying, you have been informed that a certain Dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie.'

'It is NOT a lie!' said Harry. 'I saw him, I fought him!'

'Detention, Mr Potter!' said Professor Umbridge triumphantly. 'Tomorrow evening. Five o'clock. My office. I repeat, this is a lie. The Ministry of Magic guarantees that you are not in danger from any Dark wizard.'

'So, according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord, did he?' Harry asked, his voice shaking.

'Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident,' she said coldly.

'It was murder,' said Harry. 'Voldemort killed him and you know it.'

Professor Umbridge's face was quite blank. For a moment, Harry thought she was going to scream at him. Then she said, in her softest, most sweetly girlish voice, 'Come here, Mr Potter, dear.'

Everything was a blur for Sara. The only thing she remembered until Umbridge spoke again, was Nico holding her hand under the desk.

'Take this to Professor McGonagall, dear,' said Professor Umbridge, holding out the note to him.

Sara watched as her brother left the classroom. The whole time she was quiet as she knew how everything would turn up.

Professor Umbridge made them turn their attention back at the chapter but Sara was just staring at the page. She had already read that book and it bored her to death. Nico wasn't reading either, he would occasionally look at Sara with worry in his eyes. She knew Nico already guessed her thoughts.

Sara sighed in relief when the bell rang and she could finally throw that god forsaken book into her bag.

'Dumbledore is mad honestly! Why would he let that horrible woman teach at his school?' Nico snapped as soon as they were walking through the open doors of the Great Hall for dinner.

'Well I don't think he really had a say in the matter,' Sara tried to calm him down. 'The letter arrived really late so I'm sure no one really wants that job.'

'Snape would have been better even if we hate him.'

'Defense Against the Darks Arts with Snape? I would be dead by now,' Sara chuckled and sat down at the Gryffindor table.

'But tell me that you hate him less than that toad looking woman now,' he muttered, serving himself with pasta and chicken.

'Still he gave us that awful twelve inches long essay on the properties of moonstone and it's uses in potion making, that would take an awful long of time,' she said coldly.

'Oh right, long night ahead of us,' he winked at her and Sara chuckled. She could never be angry in his presence.

#

Just as the first few weeks were gone, Sara got used to the toad looking woman who she thought was only pretending to teach them DADA. One thing she didn't understand was Malfoy's new habit to stare at her.

One Saturday morning she eyed him curiously, he hadn't began his staring thing yet.

'Sara, your spoon..' Nico's voice sounded in her ear and she indeed found her spoon sitting in her lap.

'Oh my!'

'Were you daydreaming about me?' he whispered into her ear.

'As if I need to daydream about you when I have you,' she chuckled.

'Idiot.'

'Git.'

Both burst into laughter, earning glares from the Gryffindors and Sara noticed that Malfoy began to stare. She quickly looked away leaned closer to Nico's ear.

'Ok so Malfoy is staring, again.'

'That creep, I'm going to—' he started.

'No, we're not going to do anything. It's his insanity kicking in. Besides we have better things to do on a Saturday then worry about bloody Malfoy,' she cheerfully said, giving Nico some strawberry tarts.

'Homework!' she muttered.

'Oh yeah, better things you said...' Nico said but he stopped when he saw Sara's expression. 'Oh-yes! Homework, can't wait.'

Both smirked and left the Great Hall, hands full with chocolate muffins and strawberry tarts.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───