[59]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Late in the afternoon, a few days after New Year, Sara, Nico, Harry, Ron, and Ginny lined up beside the kitchen fire to return to Hogwarts. The Ministry had arranged this one-off connection to the Floo Network to return students quickly and safely to the school. Only Mrs. Weasley was there to say good-bye, as Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, Bill, and Fleur were all at work. Mrs. Weasley dissolved into tears at the moment of parting. Admittedly, it took very little to set her off lately; she had been crying on and off ever since Percy had stormed from the house on Christmas Day with his glasses splattered with mashed parsnip (for which Fred, George, and Ginny all claimed credit).

'Don't cry, Mum,' said Ginny, patting her on the back as Mrs. Weasley sobbed into her shoulder. 'It's okay.'

'Yeah, don't worry about us,' said Nico, permitting his mother to plant a very wet kiss on his cheek.

'Or about Percy,' Ron continued. 'He's such a prat, it's not really a loss, is it?'

Mrs. Weasley sobbed harder than ever as she enfolded Harry and Sara in her arms.

'Promise me you'll look after yourself..Stay out of trouble.'

'We always do, Mrs. Weasley,' said Harry.

'Yeah, we like a quiet life, you know us,' Sara finished for him and exchange an amused expression with Nico.

She gave a watery chuckle and stood back. 'Be good, then, all of you.'

Sara stepped into the emerald fire and shouted "Hogwarts!" She had one last fleeting view of the Weasleys' kitchen and Mrs. Weasley's tearful face before the flames engulfed her; spinning very fast, she caught blurred glimpses of other Wizarding rooms, which were whipped out of sight before she could get a proper look; then she was slowing down, finally stopping squarely in the fireplace in Professor McGonagall's office. She barely glanced up from her work as Sara clambered out over the grate.

'Evening, Potter. Try not to get too much ash on the carpet.'

'No, Professor,' the girl chuckled and waited for the last of them to came; it was Nico.

Ron, Harry and Ginny had alright left, leaving Sara and Nico to wander through the halls of the castle by themselves, questioning most of the things that had happened over the holidays just like the Minister's appearance and how much of a git was Percy.

Ever since the parents had found out about Sara and Nico, Mrs. Weasley would've stop speaking of how adorable they were whenever someone came to dinner. Meanwhile, the twins joked with them any chance they got.

'They deserve it, I look forward to a Howler tomorrow,' Sara continued with her rambling. Nico chuckled, knowing the story through and through by now.

Sara gifted Fred and George each a book for Christmas, but it was something to do with pranking devices and how they can improve them. What they did not know was that the books were pranks themselves and Sara advised the twins to read them when they went back to work. The redhead was certain their rooms were by then full of by black powder.

'They would most likely send one to congratulate you on pranking the pranksters,' Nico said with a big smile as they walked into the common room.

Sara waved at Hermione and Harry who were having a shushed conversation in the corner of the room.

'What do you reckon they are talking about?' Sara asked with curiosity, glancing over her shoulder at her brother once more before disappearing with Nico in his dorm.

'Maybe he's filling her in with the Scrimgeour incident,' Nico replied absently, nodding in greeting to the other boys, who looked at Sara like she didn't belong there.

'We're just talking, Seamus, no need to scold us,' Sara said to the Irish wizard who raised his brows in a 'as if' manner and continued his conversation with Neville.

'We should get out of here,' Nico whispered and grinned in the direction of the boys.

'Let me just get a coat,' the redhead smiled, but before she could walk out of the room, the black haired boy grabbed her wrist gently and showed her something from his trunk.

'We've messed up our things and I have you leather jacket here.'

Sara smiled and picked it up from the trunk, putting it on.

'So fashionable,' Nico teased as he was putting his own coat on and the redhead playfully hit his arm.

'Shut up, Weasley.'

'Make me, Potter.'

'NOT HERE!' Seamus yelled as Sara was ready to kiss Nico and they both jumped, looking puzzled at the Irish boy.

'Seamus,' Sara muttered under her breath with anger as Nico dragged her away from the dorm and out of the common room.

The icy wind of January was felt even among the safety of the thick walls of the corridors, so the idea of bringing a coat was not totally in vein.

Sara and Nico seated on a windowsill, looking out of the window to see Hagrid in front of his hut, carving something.

Sara rested her head on the cold glass and got lost in time for a few seconds.

'How should I do it? How should I try to make someone warm up towards me after years full of hatred,' Sara whispered anxiously, her hazel eyes falling onto Nico's deep black ones.

He shrugged slightly. 'Catch him in the library or something, I have no idea.'

'Dumbledore and his mission,' Sara scoffed, folding her arms. 'It is not enough that Harry has perhaps the most important mission in the history, it is now me also who has to do something.'

'We have such complicated lives,' Nico laughed and he earned a few chuckles from the redhead.

Sara moved onto Nico's lap, her head resting on his chest and the boy began running his fingers absently through her red locks.

'I don't want war,' she whispered, a tear escaping and running down her cheek. 'Last time many people died, last time I've become an orphan.'

'Then we shall win the war again,' Nico said softly, smiling, although she couldn't see him in their position.

'Promise me you'll try to not die, I cannot imagine a life without you in it.'

'Well then I'll stay home and watch how you keep them alive,' Nico joked, earning a smile from the redhead.

'We'll both keep them alive then,' the girl said and stood up. 'But let's leave this awful talks for another time and have some dinner, I'm craving chocolate cake.'

'You spoke like a true Weasley,' Nico laughed as he got up and grabbed a hold of her hand.

But as they left they didn't notice someone was watching them as he stumbled across them accidentally.

Draco Malfoy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sorry for this filler chapter, I am a bit on a writers block, I hope you'll understand and let me write some amazing chapters next. 💘💘💘💘