[64]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Patches of bright blue sky were beginning to appear over the castle turrets, but these signs of approaching summer did not lift Sara's mood after Gryffindor's disastrous game last weekend when she had to use McLaggen to make up for Ron's absence; it wasn't nice at all. Sara was fuming with nerves even now when she saw the Gryffindor at lunch.

"That idiot is still on my to kill list."

Nico chuckled and stole a piece of her bread, chewing on it mockingly. "You and your competitive ass."

"I'm the captain and I want Gryffindor to win, of course I'm pissed at that bastard who doesn't even know how to play with a team. He's going to play quidditch only if I am dead."

"You didn't sleep well last night? That's why you're pissed. I know you."

Sara looked at him with hooded eyes. "Nightmares."

"Again?"

She nodded slowly and started picking at her food.

Nico sighed and put a hand on her cheeck, rubbing it with his thumb in a comforting way. Sara melted into the touch.

"They're just dreams," he whispered, reaching for her other hand that was sitting numbly in her lap. His hand was warm and very familiar and she realised she wanted life to stop right in that moment and that she wanted it to always be like that.

She found herself thinking about how it would be if she were to lose him in all the madness that was going to come, the most important person in her life, the first person who didn't see her only as an orphan with a famous brother but her, her best friend, her anchor, her love, her family, her everything.

Sara realised a long time ago that they belong together and that if he would be gone, she'll be gone too, empty, alone.

"Understood?" Nico's warm voice brought her back.

She nodded absently, playing with his fingers.

Nico chuckled softly. "You were overthinking, weren't you?"

"I'm sorry, but with everything going on I'm scared..."

"Why?"

"That I'm going to lose you," she whispered, peering at him with her hazel eyes that were filled with tears

He wiped them away and hugged her close. "I know, I'm scared of losing you too. It's going to be far after all and we're still kids, if it starts now...we won't be prepared."

"I'm not letting you die, Weasley."

"You're not dying either, Potter."

Sara cracked a smile as Nico got up and strapped his bag over his shoulder. He held a hand out for her which she took.

"We should go and find those troublemakers so we could get going to that apparition test."

"Why am I too young," Sara complained.

"Look at the good part, Slughorn will leave you alone since you are only a few students."

"I hope so."

Nico spotted Ron waving from the open doors of the Great Hall and the two approached the trio. He was smiling brightly and Sara's heart swelled with love; after what happened with Ron the twins became even closer.

The same couldn't be said about Hary and her that were still awkward around each other since Sirius' death.

Sara and Nico shared a quick hug, good lucks and a kiss on the forehead and they were gone.