[49]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sara, Harry and Dumbledore approached the back door of the Burrow, which was surrounded by the familiar litter of old Wellington boots and rusty cauldrons.

Dumbledore knocked three times and Sara saw sudden movement behind the kitchen window.

'Who's there?' said a nervous voice she recognized as Mrs. Weasley's. 'Declare yourself!'

'It is I, Dumbledore, bringing Harry and Sara.'

The door opened at once. There stood Mrs. Weasley, short, plump, and wearing an old green dressing gown.

'Sara, dear! Gracious, Albus, you gave me a fright, you said not to expect you before morning!'

'We were lucky,'said Dumbledore, ushering Harry and Sara over the threshold. 'Slughorn proved much more persuadable than I had expected. their doing, of course. Ah, hello, Nymphadora!'

Sara looked around and saw that Mrs. Weasley was not alone, despite the lateness of the hour. A young witch with a pale, heart-shaped face and mousy brown hair was sitting at the table clutching a large mug between her hands.

'Hello, Professor,' she said.  'Wotcher, Harry, Sara.'

'Hi, Tonks,' the twins said at once.

Sara thought she looked drawn, even ill, and there was something forced in her smile. Certainly her appearance was less colorful than usual without her customary shade of bubble-gum-pink hair.

'I'd better be off,' she said quickly, standing up and pulling her cloak around her shoulders.
'Thanks for the tea and sympathy, Molly'

'Please don't leave on my account,' said Dumbledore courteously, 'I cannot stay, I have urgent matters to discuss with Rufus Scrimgeour.'

'No, no, I need to get going,' said Tonks, not meeting Dumbledore's eyes. 'Night.'

'Dear, why not come to dinner at the weekend, Remus and Mad-Eye are coming, '

'No, really, Molly. . . thanks anyway. . . Good night, every-one.'

And with that she disappeared into the night.

After Dumbledore left, Mrs. Weasley pulled Sara and Harry into the kitchen, pouring each of them a bowl of onion soup.

As Mrs. Weasley began rambling about professor Slughorn and how Mr. Weasley never got to be one of his favorites, Sara ate her soup, only Nico on her mind.

A soft creaking came from the hallway and Sara's heart began to beat even faster; someone was descending the stairs.

'Mom I need some hot chocolate or I can say goodbye to sleep tonight!' a voice she adored cried and she turned her attention to the entrance door that led into the hallway.

There stood Nicolas Weasley. He was rubbing his eyes, while his black hair fell messy on his forehead, looking like he just washed it. He was  certainly taller and more muscular. His dark-blue t-shirt revealed his arms, a few scars from there to there, surely from the spells that hit him in the fight they had at the ministry.