[96]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The parchment paper caught fire in Nico's grip as he returned to the Great Hall. His tears had physically ran out by then, but his eyes were red and hurt; everything hurt.

Sara was the last horcrux.

That was what the letter told her, told him.

They had been suspicious for a while, especially her, but both thought Harry was the horcrux since he could get into Voldemort's mind, could speak parseltongue and felt pain when other Horcruxes were destroyed.

"This is bullshit," Nico muttered, hitting one of the bigger pieces of crumbled stones, the pain in his foot not even registering because of the adrenaline running through his veins.

"What's bullshit?" Ron's voice came out of nowhere. The black haired Weasley turned to find his twin and Hermione behind him, holding hands to his surprise.

Nico rubbed his hands forehead, feeling like breaking down all over again.

Noticing his pained expression, Hermione let go of Ron and came closer. "What is it, Nico? Your eyes are red."

Ron suddenly became alert.

"I don't know why Harry thought he needed to go into the forest, but Sara went after him."

"What?" the ginger and bushy haired girl shouted, panic seeping through their bones.

"Whatever Harry's told you, Sara is the actual horcrux. If she didn't get to the forest in time, Harry would be dead and us killing Nagini won't mean anything."

Hermione's hands flew to her mouth. "How is that even possible? I mean, Sara's scar barely hurts, only sometimes when Harry's pain is too overwhelming. She doesn't even speak parseltongue!"

"Nico," Ron started. "Sara's gone to see Dumbledore a few times last year, is this why?"

Nico averted his eyes. "Have any idea what a geminent is?"

"No," Ron said at the same time Hermione rasped, "Yes."

"Sara's one. My sweet beautiful love, she's gotten quite the powers, hasn't she? Since it's something that happens to twins, I believe when You-Know-Who marked them, Harry's powers protected him enough from that piece of his soul, whilst it went to Sara, the power mixing with the dark magic. If she doesn't die today, she'll be a geminent and a horcrux no more."

"And that's just a theory? Did she tell you that before she left for the forest?" Hermione asked; she hated being left in the dark.

"I had no idea what it was, I found out only before she left through a letter Dumbledore left her last year. He's kept the truth from Sara for seventeen years and deemed her worthy of knowing she had to die only at the right time. If only we knew, there would have been time to save her, I could've saved her," Nico's voice broke and he would have fallen over if it wasn't for Ron sprinting to catch him.

"What's going on here guys?" Neville Longbottom's voice reached their ears. The Gryffindor approached them with some difficulty, due to his limp; Ginny was not far behind him.

Before anyone could answer them, Voldemort's dreadful voice rang in their ears, magically magnified so no one escaped it.

"Harry and Sara Potter are dead! They were killed as they ran away together, trying to save themselves while you lay down your lives for them. We bring you their bodies as proof that your hero and his stubborn sister are gone."