[37]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sara was nearly in tears after the match with Hufflepuff that at least they managed to lose at only 10 points difference.

It came really hard to stay focused on the quaffle and yell at Ron words of encouragement.

Her mood grew better when Nico dragged her to the kitchens and they had chocolate cake and strawberry tarts until they couldn't eat anymore.

They entered the Great Hall for breakfast at exactly the same moment as the post owls on Monday morning.

Hermione was not the only person eagerly awaiting her Daily Prophet: nearly everyone was eager for more news about the escaped Death Eaters, who, despite many reported sightings, had still not been caught.

Sara read over her shoulder quickly, the eggs and bacon forgotten on her plate. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until many owls arrived in front of Harry and wanted to give their letter first.

Sara turned to look at Nico who wore the same shocked expression as her and Hermione decided to tell them about Harry's interview.

As the five opened letters in a hurry and spoke the opinions of the readers, Umbridge appeared behind Harry and turned slightly red as he explained the situation to her, a bright smile on his lips.

By lunch, Quibblers were banned and that made the whole school curious about the article. Many students found Harry's words to be true and they were all eager to talk to him about it. Professors were also happy about it and as they were banned from talking to students unless it's about their subjects, they showed their approval with little things such as giving points and gifts.

The party that followed in the Gryffindor Tower was spectacular. They all had toasted for Harry and meanwhile, Sara and Nico managed to sneak up in the boys' dormitory,truly after some time to themselves. They fell asleep on Nico's bed after an animated discussion about the events of the day. The looks Umbridge gave them were enough to make them laugh for hours.

Sara could swear Nico was like a human heater. His warmth hugged Sara's body and it helped her fall asleep easier.

Hours passed and both Sara and Nico were awoken by screams.

'NOOOOOOOOO!' it sounded again and Sara knew that it was Harry's voice.

'What?' yelled a voice nearby; it was Ron.

Nico jumped out of bed and Sara watching as he and Ron struggled to get Harry to wake up.

'Has someone been attacked again?' asked Ron, while the they were pulling Harry roughly to his feet. 'Is it Dad? Is it that snake?'

'No - everyone's fine - ' gasped Harry, whose forehead felt as though it were on fire. 'Well . . . Avery isn't . . . he's in trouble . . . he gave him the wrong information . . . Voldemort's really angry . . .'

Harry groaned and sank, shaking, on to his bed, rubbing his scar.

'But Rookwood's going to help him now . . . he's on the right track again

'What are you talking about?' said Nico, sounding scared. 'D'you mean . . . did you just see You-Know-Who?'

'I was You-Know-Who,' said Harry, and he stretched out his hands in the darkness and held them up to his face. 'He was with Rookwood, he's one of the Death Eaters who escaped from Azkaban, remember?Rookwood's just told him Bode couldn't have done it.'

'Done what?' Sara raised a brow; the terror on her face didn't leave quite yet.

'Remove something . . . he said Bode would have known he couldn't have done it . . . Bode was under the Imperius Curse . . . I think he said Malfoy's dad put it on him.'

'Bode was bewitched to remove something?' Ron said. 'But - 'Harry, that's got to be - '

'The weapon,' Harry finished the sentence for him. 'I know.'

The dormitory door opened; Dean and Seamus came in. Sara shifted awkwardly on Nico's bed. She knew what that may look to the others.

'What are you doing here?' Harry asked, now his turn to raise a brow at his sister.

'Um, er-,' Sara started, blushing slightly.

'Came here, the party was too loud and y'know the events are funnier spoken in silence and then we fell asleep,' Nico said for her and she sent him a grateful smile.

'Right,' Harry muttered and turned on her bed.

'I should go, good night boys,' Sara whispered and went to her dorm.

#

'No!' Trelawney shrieked. 'NO! This cannot be happening . . . it cannot . . . I retuse to accept it!'

'You didn't realise this was coming?' said a high girlish voice, sounding callously amused.

Sara watched with a disgusted expression how Umbridge approached professor Trelawney. Her grip around Nico's hand tightened and he gave a reassuring squeeze, trying to calm her down.

'You c - can't!' howled Professor Trelawney, tears streaming down her face from behind her enormous lenses, 'you c - can't sack me! I've b - been here sixteen years! H - Hogwarts is m - my h - home!'

'It was your home,' said Professor Umbridge, and Sara was revolted to see the enjoyment stretching her toadlike face as she watched Trelawney sink, sobbing uncontrollably, on to one of her trunks, 'until an hour ago, when the Minister for Magic: countersigned your Order of Dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this Hall. You are embarrassing us.'

Sara heard footsteps and Nico stopped the tear that was rolling down her cheek with his thumb. Professor McGonagall had broken away from the spectators, marched straight up to Professor Trelawney and was patting her firmly on the back while withdrawing a large handkerchief from within her robes.

'There, there, Sybill calm down blow your nose on this it's not as bad as you think, now you are not going to have to leave Hogwarts . . .'

'Oh really, Professor McGonagall?' said Umbridge in a deadly voice, taking a few steps forward. 'And your authority for that statement is . . . ?'

'That would be mine,' said a deep voice.

The oaken front doors had swung open. Students beside them scuttled out of the way as Dumbledore appeared in the entrance. What he had been doing out in the grounds Sara could not imagine, but there was something impressive about the sight of him framed in the doorway against an oddly misty night. Leaving the doors wide open behind him he strode forwards through the circle of onlookers towards Professor Trelawney, tear-stained and trembling, on her trunk, Professor McGonagall alongside her.

The scene before her turned quickly as Dumbledore let professor Trelawney live at Hogwarts. She watched with a small smile as professor McGonagall and professor Sprout helped Trelawney go up the stairs, all followed by the little professor Flitwick who brought her trunks with him.

Sara felt Nico hugging her from behind and she snapped out of her daze, fully aware now that she had been crying.

'That old shag,' Nico muttered.

'Which one?' Sara laughed, remembering the time she had asked the same question.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───