[93]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Harry, Ron and Hermione went to find Voldemort and take their chance at killing Nagini, Sara and Nico joined the fight. There was rubble everywhere, a good part of the castle already destroyed. The two ran down a set of stairs that was slowly crumbling beneath their feet, Dark Eaters hot on their tails.

Sara kept turning around and the force of her attacks were enough to send any creature flying. The Death Eaters pursuing them soon got lost beneath the bodies of thousands of acromantulas crawling over them.

"Ron would rather die," Nico whispered as Sara dragged him towards the sounds of the main battle. Grawp, Hagrid's giant half brother was wreaking havoc around the courtyard, but there was no sign of Hagrid around. They ran towards Arberforth, helping him with the dozen of dementors that his patronus could barely hold off.

"Expecto patronum!" Sara yelled, her lioness appearing with a force that made all the dementors back away. Nico squeezed her hand, his lion joining in the fight.

"Where's your brother, kid?" Arberforth asked, wiping the sweat off his brow. "I trust he hasn't given up yet?"

Sara gave him a wink as Nico dragged her towards other parts of the castle. "We're Potters, we don't give up!"

Fire seemed to be everywhere, professor McGonagall's statues where doing a good job in keeping Voldemort's giants away from the main battle; the Death Eaters were everywhere, flying aimlessly and attacking anything in their path. Sara could barely contain herself as curses flew back and forth, as Nico stunned lots of masked ones and as she refrained from kicking them in the face afterwards.

A blur of red hair appeared in front of them, kicking them behind a column. Ginny panted as she embraced them.

"You idiot!" Nico muttered in her hair. "We told you to stay put, it's too dangerous in here."

"You know I can't stand by and just have the war go on around me without doing anything myself, you wouldn't just stand by, would you, Nico?" Ginny asked, the color of her ears matching her hair at that point.

Sara put a hand in Nico's shoulder, easily sending some curses towards a Death Eater who noticed them; the impact of her curse knocked the man back and the floor exploded, making him collapse in the floor bellow. "It's already done, she's already here, Nico. What we have to do is make sure she stays safe, although she's been doing a great job herself until now. Ginny is stubborn, she ain't gonna go down without a real fight."

Ginny winked at Nico. "See? Even the best person on this planet, your girlfriend Sara, agrees."

"Don't twist the knife deeper, pumpkin, I might strangle you with love when we can go back home."

Before Ginny could respond, a sudden high, cold voice spoke so close to them, that Sara hit her head on the wall behind and Nico almost knocked his sister over. Voldemort's voice reverberated from the walls and floor, and Sara realized that he was talking to Hogwarts and to all the surrounding area, that the residents of Hogsmeade and all those still fighting around them would hear him as clearly as if he stood beside them, his breath on the back of their necks, a death blow away.

"You have fought," said the high, cold voice, "valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery."

"Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste."