[17]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

'You said you had worked out the egg clue weeks ago!' Sara cried, holding tightly onto the book she had just took out of the transfiguration shelves to complete her homework. Nico had just appeared behind her, staring at Hermione, then at his twin and finally at Harry.

'Alright Sara, I know I lied about it but I just needed some time to think about it,' Harry said, trying to get out of a situation where his sister would start yelling at him.

Sara had been on edge ever since the article about Hagrid came out and the only person who seemed to calm her down was Nico.

'We would always need another two pair of minds to help us find something to get Harry through this task,' Hermione muttered, sounding exactly like Sara when she used an accusing tone.

Nico put a hand on Sara's shoulder and she calm down at the touch. She immediately smiled brightly, which made Ron jump in shock.

'Alright so, breathing under water, I'm sure the library will give us the answer we need,' she said, starting to get books off the shelves.

Nico pointed to the table he and Sara were working at their transfiguration homework and all five began to search through every book they could find a way for Harry to breath underwater. The transfiguration homework lay forgotten in Sara's and Nico's backpacks.

'Do you reckon we will have dinner tonight?' Ron asked, hope shining in his eyes but was totally disappointed when the girls made him go back to the searching.

#

Sara sat with Nico, Harry, Hermione and Ron in the library as the sun set outside, tearing feverishly through page after page of spells, hidden from one another by the massive piles of books on the desk in front of each of them.

That's just how the weeks have been since Sara found out about the water problem and they were all constantly trying to find a way for breathing underwater.

'I don't reckon it can be done,' Ron said flatly from the other side of the table. 'There's nothing. Nothing. Closest was that thing to dry up puddles and ponds, that Drought Charm, but that was nowhere near powerful enough to drain the lake.'

'There must be something,' Sara muttered, moving a candle closer to herself. Her eyes were so tired that she was trying not to fall asleep on Nico. 'They'd never have set a task that was undoable.'

'They have,' Nico said. 'Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick your head in, yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked, and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate.'

'There's a way of doing it!' Hermione began crossly. 'There just has to be!'

She seemed to be taking the library's lack of useful information on the subject as a personal insult; Sara knew that it had never failed Hermione or her before.

'I know what I should have done,' Harry said, resting, face-down, on Saucy Tricks for Tricky Sorts. 'I should've learned to be an Animagus like Sirius.'

An Animagus was a wizard who could transform into an animal.

'Yeah, you could've turned into a goldfish any time you wanted!' Ron chuckled.

'Or a frog,' Nico yawned. He was exhausted.

'Don't be stupid, it takes years to become one, you can't just do it overnight,' Sara whispered.

'. . . Sara, I was joking,' Harry said wearily. 'I know I haven't got a chance of turning into a frog by tomorrow morning. . . . '

'Oh this is no use,' Hermione said, snapping shut Weird Wizarding Dilemmas. 'Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?'

'I wouldn't mind,' Fred said. 'Be a talking point, wouldn't it?'

They looked up. Fred and George had just emerged from behind some bookshelves.

'What're you two doing here?' both Nico and Ron asked at the same time.

'Looking for the ladies,' George answered. 'McGonagall wants you, Sara. And you, Hermione.'

'Why?' Hermione asked, looking surprised.

'Dunno. . . she was looking a bit grim, though,' Fred muttered.

'We're supposed to take you down to her office,' George continued what his twin started.

'Alright, alright!' Sara mumbled, trying not to yawn.

'You three take as many books as you can to the common room, Sara and I are going to join you later,' Hermione commanded and the three boys nodded at her.

Sara waved goodbye and the girls followed the twins out of the library.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───