9. Filner's Friend

Frustrated he went back to his room and laid his head on the soft pillow. "If he planed to just leave without saying anything why did he even offer to help. And this girl! Where did she go? Idiot." he decided not to worry much because he knew that Y/n won't go anywhere without informing.

Humming, she went to the warehouse to take some olive oil. "Olive oil, olive oil where are you-WOW! they startled me." Steading her breaths she looked at them once again. "What a view!" A complex scheme followed into her mind. "Where did I keep my phone."

A slight hint of light coming through a cracked window glass that made his eyes heavily pain. He laid a hand in front of his sight before opening them. Just a little movement of him made Y/n wake up.

Rubbing her eyes she looked at him, so did he. "What the-" They both got up and stood straight with high speed. "Why were we sleeping like that." She said looking away. He fixed his coat button and cleared his throat.

"How did you make yourself that cold yesterday?" He changed the subject. She blinked a few times. "I..... I went to the freezer yesterday to take something..... and I got cold." He slid his hands in his pockets. "You froze in the freezer? "

Realizing what she said, she awkwardly laughter. "I speak nonsense. Don't take it seriously." He did not press the point. "Listen, I will not pursue the matter of Jeongin anymore. Let me warn you the last time. You're not from the same class as him." With that, he walked out of the warehouse. "So what? We are not even from the same planets."

Mrs. Bahng was sitting on the bar counter. As she saw Hyunjin, her legs automatically supported themselves to stand up. "Please come again, Sir." He ignored her words and went out of the restaurant.

Her smile got even wider when she turned around to see none other than Y/n, rubbing her head. "Y/n! My darling. Come here, take this." She took her wrist and made her sit on a chair and handed her the menu. "You can order anything from here and you don't have to pay at all. This one is on me. "

"But, will it not cause a loss to you're restaurant." She asked. "It's okay, we are gonna be rich anyway." She tilted her head. "Be rich?" Mrs. Bang took her phone and showed the screen to her. It was a picture of her and Hyunjin cuddling each other while sleeping. "My masterpiece. Overbearing president and the take-out delivery girl slept together in the warehouse." Her eyes popped out.

* Hands?! Why could his hands touch me? And, was he not afraid of the low temperature of my body? *

"Once this big news goes public, everyone will know you!" Mrs. Bahng was admiring the photos on the phone but suddenly it was snatched from her.

"No. You can't publish it." Y/n took the opportunity and deleted all the photos. Mrs. Bang slapped Y/n's back softly. "Why would you do that! All of it is gone. Now how will I get rich." She looked like a kid who had just thrown a tantrum. She glanced at the menu card in Y/n's hand. "Give it back!" She snatched it away from her as she did to her a few seconds ago.

* Sorry Mrs. Bahng but I can't let this happen.*

---

"Sir, the itinerary of several special guests has been reported." He gave the reports to his boss."Mr. Filner is not coming?" He asked.

"The reason why he refused to attend our art exhibition is that he has to meet a very important friend." Hyunjin nodded. "I'd like to meet Filner's friend."

-

"Please make yourself comfortable Mr. Hwang." He nodded and sat down on the couch. The middle-aged man bowed and exited the room. He sat there, turning his head from left to right, looking around the richness of the house. He was interrupted by a sound that was familiar to the tik-tok of heels. He looked towards the stairs."My humble house is honored by your presence." Hyunjin stood up with a straight expression. "You let me here on purpose. You used Mr. Filner to get me here?"

Jiho smiled. "Looks like you found out. I just don't like people forgetting what they said to me." He had no idea what she was trying to specify so he just let it slid. "I heard Filner's access to Jeongin's works was due to the introduction of a Korean curator. I didn't know it's you. Why did you help Jeongin?" She sat down on the same couch and said,"Nothing. It's just rare to see such a talented Korean painter. Of course, I had to help."

Hyunjin sat down beside her. " But Filner is said to be a man of principle. I'm afraid it's still hard to persuade him with Jeongin's current works." She looked at him with confidence written on her face. "There is always a way to move people and break the rules." He smiled lightly.

"Ms. Kim, I didn't expect that your idea was the same as mine. If you can do it, I will reward you generously." She smirked a little, it was not noticeable to him. "Just call me Jiho. If it's done, I'll get what I deserve from you." Hyunijn knitted his eyebrows into a frown. "Do we know each other?"

She chucked "I'm not one of your many girlfriends. Or I would be the first one to stand up and get even with you on the day of forced marriage."

* Does she know about my illness? Whatever, once the exhibition is over, I will have no relation with her.*

---

He placed a apple on the small head of hers. "Jeongin, now that you are hiding, why do you still draw." He adjusted the apple again and replyed." Because I like painting. I draw due to myself, not because of Hyunjin. No matter what happened to me, and how bad my mood is, as long as I paint, I'll be in a better mood."

She smiled sweetly at his reply. He went a little further than her and placed the canvas on the board. "I rarely draw portraits. The last time I drew was in middle school. Let's see if I still got it." He closed his one eye and examined her facial features carefully.

"Whom did you draw?" His focus suddenly got disturbed. He breathed out. "Just an ordinary friend."

Time passed by. "It's done! Have a look." he smiled at his masterpiece and backed from the board. She came running towards him. "Jeongin, you are brilliant! Can I take this home? Please, please." He chuckled. "Yes you can but after the exhibition. This painting will be my highlight." She blushed. "You'll have my portrait as your highlight one?" He nodded.

"By the way, why did you make the lips so pink? I'm wearing a red one " Jeongin took the plate with paints on it. He dipped the brush in pink and came closer to Y/n. "Well then let's solve it." Softly and gently he colored a little part of her lips. Then looked into her sparkling eyes. He lowered his voice. "I'll name it, Cherry blossom on lips."

-♡-

Tysm for 100+ reads <3