34. Jealous

"Must be hard for you to take care of Y/n these days." Han grinned as he watched Hyunjin chuckle. "Not at all. I think it's kinda interesting." Han wiggled his eyebrows. "Interesting?" He hit Han's chest playfully with the back of his hand. "It's not like that. Han, do you think aliens exist?"

He asked out all of a sudden on which Han didn't know how to respond to his question. "Mr Hwang, are you having hallucinations recently?" Hyunjin shook his head in disappointment.

"Forget it. By the way, I want you to pay attention to my family. I refuse to believe that the fire was a mistake done by their staff. I have a feeling that it's maybe aunt Areum. Just keep a check and if something happens to Jeongin, tell me in time. I don't want him to be under pressure anymore."

---

"Areum, are you sick? You don't make meals yourself." Jeongin was invited by his mother for lunch. The three of them were sitting at the dining table. She laughed awkwardly. "Just wanted to cook." Mr Hwang nodded a little. She sat down herself and slowly started.

"Darling, our son has toiled in an exhibition, but it was ruined by the fire. Look at him he is not in a mood to draw anymore." Jeongin glared at her mom "Who told you I'm not in a mood to draw?" She kicked his leg under the table.

"Our son has nothing to do now. Maybe we can let him work at the company for a few days." Mr Hwang keeps his chopsticks on the table. "But you said that I can paint my whole life. You can't go back on your words." Jeongin said calmly.

"I will never go back on my words son. If you want to paint I can hold an exhibition for you all over again. And if you wanna work at the company, I promise to give you a good position. Now it all depends on you."

He said and left the table. The feeling of being the happiest person alive was surrounded by Areum."Finally Jeongin! After so many struggles, you finally got into the company. Trust me, if you didn't listen to Hyunjin you would've got this ages ago." Jeongin banged his hand on the table.

"How dare you talk about him like that. He has always supported me in everything I wanna do. He held the exhibition just for who? Me who isn't even his brother by blood. And what did you do? Burned down my exhibition for your benefit. Yes, I figured it out as soon as I saw you on the bed. Do you know that someone even jumped into the fire to save me? I feel so guilty. Why do you always try to hurt people I care about the most? You always try to blind me with your talks. And you think it works? No, it doesn't. All these years, I have stayed quiet and listened to everything you say because I respect you. But I guess you took it for granted."

His blood boiled, eyes red. She tried to grab his arm but he jerked it off cruelly and left the place.

---

"It's six. He will be here anytime. Should I tell him that I stole the sapphire? Why the hell am I calling it a sapphire? I think I'm losing brain cells." The door opened. Y/n was expecting Hyunjin to be there but instead, it was someone else.

"Jeongin! What are you doing here?" A smile escaped his lips. "I came to visit you. Last time I was here, you were sleeping. Are you feeling better now?" Jeongin sat on the couch. Y/n came and sat beside him."I'm good." She smiled brightly.

The wheels of his car stopped in front of his gate. He got out and locked the car. When he turned to his mansion, he heard some noises. Laughing noises. He was confused and questionable. But his question was answered shortly. The gate opened. He saw Y/n pushing Jeongin out of the gate in a playful way. Both of them were laughing in a boisterous manner.

"I gotta go, bye." He waved to her with the biggest smile he could ever have."See you tomorrow." She replied and waved back. She hasn't noticed him yet. She turned around and went back jumping like a kid. Hyunjin poked his inner cheek.

Her feet took her to the pool as she sat down sinking her feet into it. She was in her thoughts but came to her senses when she heard heavy footsteps. She quickly got up. "You're back." He didn't gaze at her and slid his hands in his pocket.

"Do I trouble you?" His voice was cold. "Huh? Why are you asking me this suddenly? And of course, the answer is no." They both remained silent for a while until Y/n decided to break it. "How's it going with the sapphire case?"

"I don't know." Y/n frowned at his reply. *Why is he being cold suddenly?*

"Do you think that it might have other owners? I mean that... the object may look like yours but belongs to others." She walked close to him. "So you want me to let it go, and give my 'object' to others. Right?" He looked at her with his dark eyes and she nodded happily.

"You also want me to say that even if someone stays with me her heart doesn't belong to me right?" Y/n tilted her head figuring out what he just said. "That's almost what I meant I guess?" She questioned her saying.

"Do you like Jeongin that much?" Hyunjin fully turned his body to her. "What does it have to do with Jeongin?" He took a step forward. "You are my girlfriend," He again took another step forward which made her step backwards.

"you got hurt for him. You stay with me for him. And now you even want to let me give you to him!" It was like a deja vu. He stepped forward on every word he said and the poor girl was retreating her steps to avoid him. "Do you think I'm that generous?"

One more step forward and she was about to fall into the pool. She closed her eyes ready to feel the wetness around her, but it never came. She felt an arm wrapped around her tiny waist.

He grabbed her in time with his one arm and pulled her close to him. That close that she couldn't even find a way to escape from his grip. He lowered his voice making it raspy and deep.

"Listen, from now on, I forbid you to like him. You can't even look at him or even smile at him. You are my girlfriend and you can only look at me." Her eyes were just opened wide all the time. He looked at her lips and didn't hesitate to brush his lips against hers.

A quick kiss of softly pursed lips, but followed immediately by a hungry open mouth of his. Wet, hot, and swollen. No tongue, just lips trying to swallow lips.