42. Heartbeat

Jeongin gulped. "Hyung....I just got into the company. I didn't knew that-" Hyunjin was well aware of what Jeongin was doing. "There are only colleagues in the company, no brothers." His tone was cold as usual. Jeongin lowered his head. Hyunjin turned to look at Y/n.

Her facial expression was readable. Y/n ran ideas through her mind. After thing for a few seconds Hyunjin asked, "Any plans submitted to the senior level can be searched in minutes before the meeting. Haven't you searched it before in your work?"

"Mr Hwang it's my fault. Director asked me to process the document before, and I guess I mixed them up and handed him the abandoned scheme. I'm sorry." She bowed to all of them in order to apologize. "Even if you mixed them up, Director, you still signed it." A lady made her point as Hyunjin opened the file and saw his signature.

"Well...um...I think it's a sense of art. Yes, it's art. And.... the sense of art is suitable to my disposition. Mr Hwang, if you give this responsibility to me, I'll make sure to complete this scheme well."

Hyunjin nodded his head. "Ok. In one week, you'd better give up a new convincing scheme. If you pass, I'll let bygones be bygones. But, if you fail, be prepared to be demoted along with your staff." He glared at both of them last time and exited the room.

"It's over!" Jeongin whined. "It's ok Jeongin. And it's not that bad to be demoted." She tried to comfort him. "You don't know, demotion in my brothers words really means 'demotion'. With his cruelty, we will definitely be transferred to.....maybe lifting bricks." They both imagined themselves.

"No! This can't happen! Y/n! I have an idea. You have to come to a place with me." Y/n didn’t question but only followed him.

The sun was bright. The pleasant wind brushing her face. She kept looking at the road. "If you want I can take you for a ride everyday." Jeongin asked while glancing at her a little, not trying to loose his focus from the road. "We'll go sometimes. But Jeongin, don't you have to prepare the project? Why suddenly on a ride?" Y/n finally asked him.

"Who says we have to work for it in the company? I know a perfumer. I met him when I was in high school. If we find him, we can come up with a great project. If I remember correctly, he lives in an island ahead." She nodded her head and looked outside the window and closed her eyes.

---

"Mr Han , I will be going for some investigation with Y/n on Wednesday." Hyunjin closed the file in his hands and kept it on he seat beside him. Han didn't shake his eyes and fixed them on the road. "I would have told Y/n but...she is gone to an island with Jeongin. He said he's going there for work." Hyunjin frowned then sighed. "Island? I was also going to an island for some work. Whatever, he is not a kid. He can take care of himself. "

Han hesitated at first but before it's too late, he decided to speak. "Mr Hwang but I just received a message. It said that a typhoon has made a landfall in a nearby island. Barring accidents, all the ships on the island has also stopped." Hyunjin widened his eyes a little at the sudden news. "Stop." He pulled the car on the roadside.

"You get off the car. I'm going to pick them up." He opened his door. "But Mr Hwang, it's dangerous. Besides, it's likely to rain." Hyunjin came up to the drivers seat. "Who cares? Y/n is in danger.....and Jeongin too." Han shook his head at his stubbornness and unbuckled his seat belt.

The car was moving at high speed. The GPS suddenly stopped locating her. "This fucking weather!" He honked rapidly.

---

"Jeongin, are you sure the perfumer lives here?" They looked around at the lifeless ground. "I only visited him once. I don't remember correctly but it should be somewhere near." Both kept looking around the field which was empty with a few trees around. The wind started to blow very hard. "What should we do now?" It was hard for her to open her eyes. His arm travelled through her shoulder and hugged her tightly.

"It was a cool weather till now. How can it turn into a windy one." An idea popped into his mind. "How about you wait for me under that tree, and I'm going to find him. Once I will, I'll pick you up." He pointed at a tree. "Be careful." She went to the tree and sat down hugging herself. "It's so cold." She took out her phone. "There's no signal here."

After few minutes she got up and started jumping around on both her feet. "Why isn't he coming back. It's so cold." She heard something as turning around, she saw a car. He got out of the car and ran towards her. Noticing Y/n was only wearing a single shirt, he opened his coat and covered her. "Aren't you cold?" He kept his hands on each side of her arms. "Give me your hands." He took both her hands. She was ice cold. He rubbed her hands with his and blew on it. "Why are you here?"

"Because I'm damn worried about you!" He raised his voice a bit. Her hands were close to his chest. Y/n's heart beat increased. She sensed something. She nervously looked towards his chest on the left side. A small hint of a blue light was coming through. "Why is the annunciator.....wasn't it destroyed?" She mumbled.

"Oh my god!" She jerked her hands from his hands and hugged him tight. "I finally found you!" She was about to cry from happiness. Hyunjin just hugged her warmly, not knowing the truth, thinking she was cold. She placed her hand on his chest where his heart was located. He placed a kiss on her forehead. They both were suddenly distracted when a car honk was heard. Jeongin got out the car, smiling.

-♡-

Note:

Hey guys!
Okay so... I'm dumb. I literally updated chapter 43 after 41. And I didn't even notice after that and updated chapter 44 also. And  whoever read the story might be so confused. I'm really sorry guys I will make sure it will not happen in future. And I'll update chapter 43 and 44 as an double update on Thursday.

Ty for reading. ily <3