54. The Past between them

He sat in his car and closed the door. "Mr Hwang, something happened?" Han asked. Not getting any response, he figured out he was not in the mood. He decided to change the topic. "This morning, Dispatch had contacted Jiho. But the other side refused to communicate." Han looked at his expression through the mirror, waiting for his order. "Then let's go to her company first."

---

"Do you have any plans of getting married?" The screen shouted as he looked towards it. "Jeongin, isn't it Jiho?" Both of them came up to the sofa. "Hyunjin's relationship is unclear and now what's going on here?" The woman looked at his son. "I'm going out." Before she could speak further, he already disappeared from her sight.

---

"Ruthless creature!" She kicked a stone. "Y/n." Jeongin ran over to her. "Why are you here this early in the morning? "

"Such a big thing occurred. How can I not come?" She knitted her brows together. "I asked Mrs Bahng and she said you were out the whole night. What happened?" She nodded. "Yeah, I was out. Don't worry nothing happened. Just that my body aches a bit. But it will be fine after I have a good sleep. And what big thing?"

Jeongin paused for a second. "You don't know?" She shook her head. He suddenly broke into a smile and kept his left hand on her shoulder. "Yes! A Big, big thing happened. Yesterday, I had a nightmare and I saw that you were sad. So I just came to see you early in the morning" She chuckled.

"Well, your dream is the opposite in reality. You know, my heart is so strong. No one can dare to upset it. Now all I want to do is sleep, so see you later." She waved at him and went inside the restaurant.

---

The tik-tok of her heels was heard again. She came downstairs with a glass vase filled with beautiful flowers filled its space. Soon she noticed someone standing. She smiled. "Aren't these flowers lovely?" She reached her table and kept it down. "You're good at arranging flowers but you lie better."

His voice told how serious he was. "It seems that you are making a punitive expedition against me." He came up to her but made his distance. "Ms Kim, you announced the information without my permission which is bad for both of us."

She faced him. "Why is it bad? At least you came to me now." Hyunjin realized what she was talking about. "Yesterday, I did not show up for the appointment. It was my mistake. I apologize to you. But you can't handle the situation in such a wayward way." She scoffed. "Wayward? I used to be so reasonable that I was hurt by you again and again." Her voice cracked at the end. She sat down in her chair. "Hurt?"

She opened a drawer and took out a photo. "I have been keeping this photo because I was afraid that without it, I would forget the past between us." She handed the photo to him. He was surprised to see a photo of him and Jiho in their school uniform in the very particular teashop. The big smile on their faces showed how happy they were. "From when did we know each other?"

"Do you remember the teashop I mentioned before? Since I was a child, my parents were always busy with their business abroad. My house was always empty. Every day, I didn't want to go home after school, because I didn't like the loneliness, the silence. So, I decided to do my school-related stuff there. I didn't expect you to be like me too. You also didn't like going home. We spent our whole day there until the door was closed."

Hyunjin looked up from the photo. "So you were my... girlfriend? " She got up from her seat and went towards the big window glass. Her back was facing him. "I don't know if I was. I used a lot of ways to be your friend. And I succeeded. Then, one day, I confessed my love to you. And you promised me... But the next day, the sky poured out. And....you forgot me." She turned around. "So this was the reason why you knew about my sickness." She nodded.

"I didn't expect that such a ridiculous thing could happen to you. At first, I thought you were playing with me." He kept the photo back on her table. "So what do you want now?" She came closer to him, face to face. "Do you think I am coming for you for your identity? Like any other woman? I just want you to help me to completely give up."

He looked down. "Sorry, I don't remember anything." She smiled. "Of course! You don't." He sighed and looked into her eyes. "Ms Jiho, I can't remember anything from the past. And for me, the present matters the most." He tried his best to settle things up.

"Then let's not talk about the past. Let's think about the present. Would you like to restart with me?" Hyunjin could see the hope and love in her eyes. He shook his head slowly. "I have not considered this question." She looked away. "Now the internet is full of our scandals. You have to think about it."

He poked his inner cheek. "You are not forcing me but yourself!" He raised his voice a little. "Yes! I am forcing myself. Because I don't want to be the same as before. Just knowing to wait like a silly. At least I tried!" She looked at his hand and held it. "You...would you like to try again?" He started at their hands which were gently intertwined by her.