64. A life not like yours

She got inside her room and switched on her lights. Sitting on her couch, she stared at the letter. The door opened as she looked up. "What happened?" He had a cup of hot milk in his hands. He walked to her with his cute, dimpled smile. "You said you don't have good sleep these days. Drink this. It's good for your sleep." She smiled. "Thanks." He kept the glass on the table. "What's this?" He sat on the couch and took the letter into her hands. "I donated in a orphanage." He nodded.

"You know Y/n, you can't fool three things. Sneeze, poverty...and love. You were desperate for Hyunjin. I saw that. But why did you give up now?"

She got her gaze down. "Nothing can stay hidden from you." She took a pause and then continued. "He is already with Jiho. What do you expect me to do? Also, Hyunjin and I.. just don't have a future." She again looked up at him. "Then fight for your future! And about him and Jigo or whatever her name is, they are a strange couple to me." She rested her right arm's elbow on the back of the couch. "Why?"

"Isn't it obvious? They made it through the media. Famous couples always hide their relationship from the public but then there's her. She announced it herself. Isn't that weird?" She thought for a while. "But Hyunjin never denies it."

"But he also doesn't admit...." She nodded. "You're right though...He never said that he and Jiho are a thing."

"Exactly! And I think he is more interested in you than Jiho. I mean he comes to meet you at night." He wiggled his eyebrows. She picked up the letter. "To give me this." He pointed his finger at the blue folded paper. "This was an excuse. He could have simply told any assistant of his to give it. He definitely wanted to see you and is this the first time he came at night?" She shook her head. "Yeah, he came often before. But that doesn't mean anything. Even Jeongin drops me sometimes."

He sat back comfortably. "Do you know what is the difference between Hyunjin and Jeongin?" She opened her slippers and sat cross-legged on the couch. "When Jeongin drops you, he leaves when you go inside the door. But Hyunjin is different. He leaves once..." He pointed up. "Once your lights go on." She looked up at the lights and then to the window. "How do you know?"

"I've noticed it almost every time. He keeps looking at your window. And once he sees the lights, he gets back into his car....Y/n, I hope you don't avoid him from now on. Just go straight and talk to him." Chan noticed her expression.

"Insecure?" She nodded. "What if he and Jiho are real?" He made a very serious face. "Don't think that much!" He commanded. "Your relationship with him is so sweet. You'll regret it if you won't hold it. "

"You are just too good at encouraging. I think I can do it." He smiled. "Good that you understood." He picked up the glass from the table. "Drink it quickly before it gets colder."

---

The car stopped in front of the company. The bodyguard opened the door. "Good morning, Chairman." His wife's brother greeted. "Where is Hyunjin? Wherever he is, tell him to meet me in his office right now." With that, he entered the company.

--

Hyunjin opened his door and saw that his chair was already occupied by someone. His eyes were closed. He got closer and stood in front of his table. "Dad..." Still with his eye's closed he spoke. "All my reputation in these years will be ruined by you." He then opened his eyes as Hyunjin frowned.

"I have never done things that are bad for you or our company." He signalled the young man in front of him to stop. "I don't wanna talk much with you. Prepare yourself. You will go with me to meet Jiho's parents tonight. "

"For what?" Clueless, he asked. "For an apology! You are very clear about how you treat Jiho. I've spoken to Jiho's father. You have to give them an explanation." Hyunjin poked his inner cheek in order to control his anger. "There's nothing to explain." He said coldly. Mr Hwang stood up from the chair in anger. "Kim Jiho is no disgraceful woman. She is the only inheritor of the K Group!" He shouted at him.

"But this has nothing to do with me!" He yelled back. The old man's eyes became red from anger. "You are puzzled by Bahng Y/n! You are not concentrating on the situation!" The conversation was getting heated. "I have broken up with her long before." Mr Hwang scoffed. "Then explain this." He picked up the photos and showed them to him. "Is this what you mean by breaking up!? You think you can do anything in my absence and I wouldn't know?"

He looked at them. "She fainted- Dad, what do you want!?" He got out of the table and went to the window, looking at the view outside. "I said it already. Go and apologize. And if you don't, I'll solve the situation in my way." Hyunjin took deep breaths and calmed himself.

"Fine. I'll explain to uncle Kim. But before I go, I want to make it clear to you. Whatever relationship is between Jiho and me, it's my private matter. You don't need to meddle in between my private issues. "

Mr Hwang turned around. "Hwang Hyunjin, you must know who you are." Hyunjin walked a little closer to him. "I'm saying this because I'm clear who I am and what I'm doing...I don't want my mom's tragedy to happen again..." He gulped and then took a deep breath before continuing.

"If it were not for you, who puts your business first, and overlook your family, our family wouldn't have come to this end!" He panted while he shouted the last few words. "Dad, I don't want a life like yours. I mean it." He turned around. "People are waiting for me in the meeting room." He said and exited his office.