63. Choose between them!

Hyunjin laid her on his bed and covered her with the white duvet. He sat down beside her staring at her facial features. The sound of someone running disturbed him as he made a good guess of who it'll be. Getting up he went out to the living room. "Where is she?"

"She'll be fine. Let her rest." Hyunjin turned around to face the pool area. They both remained silent until Jeongin decided to speak his words. "Can I ask you a favour?" Hyunjin found it weird that his voice was serious. "Did you get into trouble again?" Jeongin rolled his eyes and ignored his words. He came straight to the point. "I like her."

He paused for a few seconds before continuing. "Can you stop being close to her?" Hyunjin turned around. "Is this a thing to joke about?" He said. "I'm not joking!" Jeongin reduced the space between them. "I admit that in the beginning, I treated her only as a friend. But now, I want to protect her with my whole heart. You've hurt her enough. Just let her go."

Hyunjin opened his mouth but it was interrupted by the sound of the door 'click' opening. Y/n came out rubbing her head. She looked up. "Jeongin." He smiled at her. "You're awake." She nodded while smiling. Jeongin grasped her wrist. "Let's go." Confused she tilted her head. "Where-"

"Y/n is a person. She has her own thoughts! You think I can give, because you said?" Hyunjin cut her words off. "Huh? What are you talking about? Give what?" Jeongin shook his head. "Don't listen to him." He glared at him for the last time before turning around and walking toward the stairs. "You can't leave!" He shouted, making their legs stop. She looked back at him and then again at the man in front of her.

She jerked her hand away from jeongin and got a little further. "What are you arguing about?" Jeongin turned around and looked at her with a straight face. "Alright. Let me ask you. Whom would you choose....between me and Hyunjin?" She frowned. "Choose for what?"

"Do you want to go with him, or stay here with me?" Hyunjin explained. She blinked a few times and looked down. Both the men waited for her reply. She finally looked up and turned to Hyunjin and bowed. "Thank you, Mr Hwang." Hyunjin sighed aggressively in frustration and turned around to let her face his back. "For thanking care of me. I'll take my leave now."

Grabbing her wrist again he ran up the stairs with her following behind. They both came out from the big gate. She looked back at the mansion. "Are you sure you don't wanna stay with Hyunjin?" She popped her eyes out. "Don't mention him!" She looked at her hands. "Why?" Y/n waited for them to respond but it never happened. "Jeongin, say his name again."

"Hwang Hyunjin, Hwang Hyunjin, Hwang Hyunjin!" He repeated a multiple times. She suddenly started jumping. "I'm back to normal!" He chuckled at her cuteness.

---

He was in the garden, giving the trees the shape he wanted. "Uncle.." Someone called out. He looked in the direction. "Jiho." He smiled. "Why are you alone? Where is Hyunjin?" He asked as she gave out an upset expression. "Uncle, I want to talk to you about something."

They both sat on the sofa. She pulled out some photos from her purse and handed them to him. "What's this?" He looked at the photos as his blood boiled. Slamming the photos on the table he exploded. "That playboy. Shame on him!"

"Everyone has been talking about that he was with her. It has become a big scandal. I wanted my father to visit you in person. But I'll hold it back for some time now. I don't want any misunderstandings." Hearing her words, Mr Hwang grew angrier. "I didn't teach him well. And this Bahng Y/n! She fooled us. Don't worry, Jiho. She can't fool anyone anymore. And I'll tell Hyunjin to give you and your family an explanation." She smiled weakly. "Thank you, uncle."

---

He sat in the car still fighting with himself to decide whether to go inside or not. He suddenly heard the door open. She had the trash bag in her hand as she dropped it into the bin outside the door. She turned around to go back in when she noticed the flashlights. He panicked but decided to play it cool and got out of his car. He walked to her and gave her a blue square-sized letter.

"What is this?" She asked confused. "You donated to the orphanage? I guess they thanked you but they send it to the company's address." She formed an 'O' shape on her lips when she realized. She opened the letter and smiled. "Nice." She suddenly looked up and caught him staring at her. "Um...." He looked away biting his lips. "Why do you have to embarrass yourself Hyunjin!" He whispered to himself.

She got her lips into a thin line. "Uh- We can't be awkward all the time." She started. "Yesterday, at your house, I decided not to stay because I don't wanna trouble you anymore-" He turned around. "You want to establish boundaries with me?"

"Y/n what's taking so long- oops. Sorry to interrupt." Chan made his way back inside. "I'll go upstairs now." She smiled a little and went inside. "You didn't clear up...." He mumbled from behind.