10. Her Portrait

Jeongin's voice echoed in the hallways. "Mom! How are you?" A woman with a wrinkled face was sitting on the rocking chair enjoying her coffee. "Son! I'm good. What have you been doing these days? You don't come home often." He approached her and bowed. "Sorry, Mom. I have been busy with my artwork." Her face suddenly expressed a little anger. "Painting?" She fake smiled. "Wow son, keep it up. But remember if you fail the exhibition, you have to do as promised."

Jeongin smiled and replied calmly. "Mom, you know that I don't like to do all that company fuss. I like painting and I will stick to it." She kept her coffee mug on the table. "But son, the place belongs to you." She stood up and patted his head gently. "What place?"

"Hyunjin's." He laughed at the dreadful reply. "Me? And doing the work Hyung does? Mom, you know a person should do things he is good at. Our company is up there in the sky above the clouds. And if I became the president, the company will come down to earth in one day. So it's better to let Hyunjin lead and watch our company touch the universe. Believe in him." He patted his mother's shoulder. "Now I'll go I just remembered something urgent." He said running out the door.

"Why doesn't this kid listen to me!?" She sighed as her eyes caught the ground. She shook her head and picked up Jeongin's wallet from the floor. She opened it and was amused. "Wait a minute. Does Kim Jiho and Jeongin know each other?" She observed the photo of them hugging each other. "They don't look like friends though. I think I made a mistake." She shrugged it off and gave a call to someone.

---

Han finally returned and sat on the drivers seat, handing Hyunjin an Ipad . He took it and waited for Han's explanation. "I didn't find young master anywhere. I just found this painting. The paints on the palate were still not dry. That means he must've painted this today." He said and started the car. Hyunjin looked at every inch of the portrait. "He doesn't draw portraits. I didn't know Bahng Y/n was that charming." he rolled his eyes.

Han looked through the mirror. "Sir, let's talk with Y/n. She's the only one close to Jeongin. Maybe she can help." Hyunjin nodded. Han thought Hyunjin liked his idea but, Hyunjin ordered, "From tomorrow, order the employees lunch from her restaurant and ask Y/n to deliver it. With hundreds of takeouts, she won't have time to contact Jeongin." Han sighed and simply replied with an okay.

The next day it was done as he ordered. Their restaurant was filled with orders. No one was happy except Mrs. Bahng. Chan and Mrs. Bahng were busy in the kitchen while Y/n was exhausted delivering all the orders. "I told you Channie, one day this restaurant will-"

"Mom! Stop talking you are wasting time!" He raised his voice in frustration. She came to reality and started cooking with rapid speed. Ever since The Hwang Corporation had ordered hundreds of lunch takeouts the restaurant is on fire. People have to wait outside as the tables were full. Y/n had already taken more than 5 rounds to his company on her scooter. When she came back after the 6th round, she saw Mrs. Bahng waiting for her outside the restaurant with only one bag.

"Good work Y/n. I know you're tired but I promise this is the last bag. This I prepared specially for Mr. Hwang and the directors. Please deliver it safely. Mr. Hwang is our VIP customer so I would request you to feed him too. Always remember, it is because of him that it's so crowded in here."

She felt relieved after hearing that this will be her last round."Yes, Mrs. Bang. I'll make sure to deliver it safely but I don't think it's necessary to feed him? It doesn't make any sense." She glared and Y/n already got her answer. She took the bag and went for her last delivery.

She arrived at the company and took the bag in a hurry. She saw a face she was familiar with. She blocked his way. "Han right? You are that handsome idiot's assistant." He gave her a weird look. "Whatever, can you please take these takeouts to all the left ones?" Han never knew that Y/n was this cute in reality. He couldn't deny her request. "Fine, give it." She gave all of them except Hyunjin's. She ran to his office as the time for lunch was almost over. Ignoring all the employees she ran to his office and knocked. His eyes were still on his laptop while he allowed her in. "Come in."

She came in and cleared her throat . "Sir, we are sincerely sorry for the delay but you ordered lunch for all of your employees it took me 30 minutes to run here and there and deliver all of it," she said sarcastically with a smile still placed on her face. He wanted to laugh looking at her state. "Well then....you should get used to it." he smiled back. "Keep it there." he pointed at the table. She was just going to keep it but then she remembered something.

"I can't believe I'm gonna do this." She mumbled and opened the box and took the spoon out. He noticed her. "What are you d-" She stuffed his mouth with the 'special thing' that Mrs. Bahng specially made for him. He looked at her in the eyes and gulped it down.