31. I'm sorry

She confirmed and then yanked the box from its holder and kept it in her purse. "Y/n." Hyunjin made his appearance in the lab. The man immediately stood up. "Mr Hwang, why come here in person? I already gave him the document." Y/n said before Hyunjin could say anything. "Jeongin's exhibition is about to start. Do you want to come with me?" Y/n nodded rapidly.

"Yeah let's go. We will be late." She held his wrist and made him out of the lab. She didn't dare to look back at the man. He was left alone in the room. His sight went towards the holder. Panic started to take over him. "Where did it go?!" He started searching for it everywhere.

---

"I just remembered something. I have to go back." They both were already inside the building where the exhibition was to be held. "Why so hurry?" He asked. She needed a place to send the signal where no one can see her. But how could she tell him?

"Look around, everyone here is dressed so formally and I'm wearing casuals. So I should go and dress up nicely." She turned around to leave but he pulled her hand in his and walked upstairs. Y/n had a great pressure lingering on her head. She knew that the man in the laboratory must have found out till now that the box was missing.

As they went upstairs, they saw someone familiar standing there, waiting for someone. Her eyes landed on their hands. Y/n jerked his hand away. "You're here." Jiho smiled at Y/n. "I'm sorry. Can you give us a moment?" Jiho asked for the favour and you gladly accepted it.

"Sure!" She turned around to the staircase but Hyunjin was fast enough. He grabbed her arm and pushed her towards the other side to prevent her from running. She had no choice but to go inside.

"Thank you for the exhibition, Miss Kim." His tone was formal. She chuckled. "Why are you always being so serious? I got it clear. I should appreciate that you can say directly no to me." She said sarcastically. Hyunjin looked down and then again up to her.

"Don't you blame me?" She smiled. "People always say sweet words to me and only you dared to tell the truth. How can I blame you?"

"Thank you for understanding Miss Jiho." She turned her attitude to a little playful one. "Hope we can still be friends."

"Y/n, how is it?" Jeongin said looking around. "Jeongin it's great! And congratulations. Finally, you got your exhibition...But, Jeongin I'm sorry, I didn't bring you anything. I was in a hurry." She explained and Jeongin looked at her done. "Are you kidding me right now? It's fine! You have helped me a lot and anyway, you are my sister in law." He teased. Y/n faked a smile in front of him.

"By the way Y/n, you know that many people are spying on my brother right? You must protect yourself, especially from my family." She nodded her head. "Got it."

Hyunjin located both of them. "Mr Hwang!" Suddenly a man shouted from behind, interrupting his steps. He came running towards him. "Mr Hwang the sapphire is missing and I think that woman, Y/n stole it." He whispered to make sure no one could hear. "That's not possible." Hyunjin defended. "But she was the only person in there. And she checked the sapphire using your name."

Hyunjin frowned and looked over to Y/n who was already looking at both of them. She was aware of what was coming next. Hyunjin came up to her and grabbed her arm harshly. All the people present on the floor stared at them. "Allen said that we lost the sapphire from the research department. Did you..." He didn't speak further

"How can you even think that." She said as he could see the hurt her eyes were explaining. "We can call the police sir," Allen suggested. "Hyung! What are you saying?! She did not steal anything." Jeongin didn't know what to say anymore. Hyunjin didn't leave his gaze from her eyes. "This is your last chance, Y/n. If you accept it, I promise I'll forgive you." He was still not ready to believe that she could be the thief.