41. Transfer?

"Why didn't you tell me about it?" He sat on his chair. "It's my problem, why should I tell others?" She didn't dare to look at him in the eyes. "Other? Y/n you are my girlfriend. Why don't you let me help you?" She frowned not pleased at his words.

"Helping me will only harm you...Thank you for helping me this time. But in the future, you better not have any relationship with me. I was there to help you with your illness but I guess I'm just useless. You can find someone else. Besides, didn't you say that you don't need me in the future? So I think we should be free now. "

He poked his inner check and stood up from his seat. "Listen. Without my permission, you won't be free. The promise between us with never come to an end." He walked closer to her. She gulped but didn't move. He lowered his voice. "You are my girl. Never think about breaking up." Turning her gaze away she said.

"No, I will think whatever I wanna think. I don't wanna be with you. I want to leave." She tried her level best not to stutter but ended up stuttering. "Is it because of Jeongin?" Y/n made an annoyed face. "Why do you always have to involve Jeongin? Even if I'll have a stomach ache you'll say it's because of Jeongin. It had nothing to do with him."

"If I guess correctly, Jeongin knew about it. Yesterday he rushed in here as if the sky was falling, and he publicly pulled you away with him. Do you think it has nothing to do with him? When you have a problem, the first one you turn to is him. You'd rather ask him for help than say a word to me!" He yelled a little but Y/n did not flinch. "Yes! I rather turn to Jeongin." He stared into her soul. "Get out of my sight."

---

"I am not going back to the company Somi. If I do, it will show that I don't have dignity at all." Somi got on Y/n's Knee. "What is dignity?" Y/n sighed and shook her head. "Nothing."

"Tell me the truth. It's not because you argued with him, It's because Jiho provoked you, right? Y/n I don't want to discourage you but if we have to stay on earth the rest of our lives......I mean Hwang cooperation pays you good and-" Y/n interrupted her.

"Somi are you kidding me? And even if there is no Jiho and the sapphires or anything else, I must break up with him. I'm afraid that the longer I stay here, the harder it will be to leave."

She stood outside his company. "I think my dignity doesn't even exist." She sighed and went inside. She saw a few people crowding around a glass. She reached out to them.

* The notice of Personnel Dispatch. The former chairman's employee Bahng Y/n is transferred to the Project Development department? What!? No!"

She came running inside his office. "Why did you transfer me to-" Before she could complete her sentence she noticed that Jeongin was present in there. Both the men looked at her. "You're just in time. This is your new superior." Hyunjin said in a cold tone gesturing to his brother. "You can take her away." Jeongin nodded. He smiled at her.

"Go on first." Y/n couldn't say anything else. She obeyed. After she left Jeongin spoke out. "Hyung, you can not transfer her without her permission. She doesn't know that you can't transfer her without her agreeing. Are you breaking the rules?" Hyunjin looked at him. "Believe it or not, I can transfer you to the construction site to experience life in a minute."

Smiling awkwardly Jeongin said, "No Hyung, I didn't mean to disagree with you. It just happened so sudden." Hyunjin supported his elbows on his desk. "She wants to resign." He widened his eyes and stood up. "She wants to what? Rather go and work in my department." Jeongin got himself to the door. "Wait, tell her that if she works there with no troubles, I'll raise her salary and bonus separately."

"You don't raise my salary." He complained. "You don't do any work." Jeongin's expression changed from annoyed to a surprised one. "You think I don't know you just play games in the office and give your superiors all the work? Still expect me to raise your salary?" Jeongin didn't say anything and quickly ran out the office. "He knows me too well."

Jeongin took out a huge amount of files from his office shelf. "Here. Take these. These are the most urgent plans of our company. Altogether..." He started counting them but certainly gave up. "I can't even count them. You just have to read them and tell me what is it about then I'll decide whether to sign it or not. Or....maybe you can sign it. I'll make your work easier. You don't have to read them. Just sign all of them."

Y/n narrowed her eyes. "Shouldn't you read them?" Jeongin sat on his chair. "I have a headache as soon as I start reading them. I am just a nominal director. See, they all can work fine without me. Practice my sign when you're free."

"Fine. I'll do it." She picked up the files and headed outside. Jeongin took out his phone. "Let's play."

---

"I thought you wouldn't come." Jiho and Hyunjin sat in an expensive restaurant. "Han said you want to talk about work." A waiter came to them. "Pinot Grigio for this sir," Jiho ordered. The waiter took the order and left. "I heard many things are going on in the company. You have gotten stressed." Hyunjin crossed his legs. "Miss Jiho if you just want to chat, maybe I don't have time. Thank you for today." He said and left the place without giving her a second glance.

"Is it finished?" Jeongin came up to Y/n's cabin. "Yes." Jeongin picked up a file and saw the sign. "You copied good. Now let's go to attend the conference." Not having a good feeling about it, she said. "Jeongin, but you haven't read them. Are you sure?" He nodded confidently. "Yeah. Let's go." He walked out followed by Y/n.

The meeting room was ready. The copy of the file was distributed to all the people present in the room. Hyunjin came inside and sat in the centre. Jeongin was seated a little further from him and Y/n was seated at a corner. Many people didn't notice her presence. The conference started. "The topic for today is the plan for next quarter, submitted by the Project development department. Firstly, it is the perfume developed project by Hwang Jeongin."

"Mr Hwang, have it got wrong with this scheme? Wasn't it abandoned by the company before?" An old man spoke up. Everyone started looking into the file in detail. "Indeed, this scheme was vetoed in the primary." Jeongin nervously looked at Hyunjin. "Director Hwang, What happened?"

Hyunjin asked keeping the file in his hands down at the table making a thump sound."I..I don't know." Hyunjin rubbed his forehead. "Mr Hwang, how can you sign an abandoned scheme?" A director asked. "It turns out to be totally in a mess." The others started agreeing. "It's reasonable." Another one spoke up. "Yes."

"Enough." Hyunjin made everyone go silent. "Director Hwang, explain to everyone."