58. The Game of Money

"W-What do you mean?" The lady smiled. "I mean that I already know that Hyunjin has some illness and he just had you by his side so he can hide it behind your name." She smirked. "So? What do you want me to do then?" She kept her cup down on the table.

"Let me get straight to the point. Tell Mr Hwang, Hyunjin's father, whatever Hyunjin has, whenever you meet him and I will give you a good amount of money." She scoffed. "I don't want your money, Mrs Hwang."

She got up from her seat. "I just told you the better way to save him..." Y/n looked at her in disbelief. "You are his mother. How could you?" She smirked. "Decide and let me know."

She took out her phone and called him. "Pick up, please pick up.." She soon realized it and hung up. "Why am I even trying to call when I know what is gonna happen. But...this is important. He has to know."

---

She sat in front of them in a very comfortable position. Legs crossed over each other as her arms rested on the arm of the chair. "Give me." The couple frowned at her. "Give what?" Mr Hwang asked. "Money. If you want to know something from me, you have to pay."

"You should not be so impolite in front of your elders." Mrs Hwang exclaimed in anger. Mr Hwang sighed. "As long as you speak honestly, I won't treat you unfairly." She nodded and grabbed an apple from the table taking a bite.

"That's good. So you wanna know why did I promise to be with Hyunjin, right?" She looked at them as they both nodded. She smirked. "Of course because of money." She took another bite and sat straight. "Look at me. Do I look like one of those who fall in love seriously? I got together with Hyunjin to lean on a moneybag. "

"We want to know Hyunjin's problem. Not this!" She exploded. "That's his problem. He is so stingy. The only thing he thinks about is focusing on his company. He doesn't spend money on me at all. Look at me, I sell my emotion and youth all day long, for what?" She said in a little sadder tone. "And also he doesn't have any taste."

"You-" Mr Hwang showed a stop sign to her wife and continued himself. "Are you sure besides this, there is not any problem with him?" She nodded. "You told me he has some illness." Y/n glared at her. "Yes. He does." Mr Hwang became more serious. "What?"

"To be honest he....he has some psychological problems." Mrs Hwang widened her eyes. "What problems?" Y/n smiled at her. "Insomnia. He has been very stressed lately. He can't fall asleep at all. I don't get it what kind of parents are you? You don't care about your kid at all." Mr Hwang looked at the women beside him. "Is this the big problem you told me about?"

Mrs Hwang smiled awkwardly. "I didn't know that...I mean I care for Hyunjin-" Y/n suddenly mumbled cutting her off. "Oh Of course you do." She looked at her. "What did you say?" She shook her head and smiled at her. "Nothing."

"Listen, the money will be transferred into your account till evening. But in return, you should never be seen around him again." She nodded. "Got it."

---

"Mr Han, do you think that there is love for no reason?" Hyunjin gazed at the man in the driver's seat. "No reason?" Hyunjin looked down, fidgeting with his hands. "You know that she is nice, but you don't want to get close to her. As for another one, you know clearly that there are shortcomings from head to toe, but you always want to get close to her." Han tilted his head, not understanding what he was trying to explain.

"Why are you asking this so randomly?" He shook his head and leaned back in his seat closing his eyes. A disturbing sound travelled through his ears as he frowned. Han quickly answered the call. "Hello?... What? H-How?" He didn't bother to hang up and thought of passing the information to Hyunjin as soon as possible. "Mr Hwang, Y/n, I mean Ms Bahng had a meeting with the chairman today."

"Dad? Why did they meet?" Terrible thoughts started coming through his mind. "I don't know but they said that Mrs Areum arranged the meeting. And after that, they gave Y/n a lot of money."

---

She was working on the papers when someone stood behind him. Y/n noticed someone's presence behind her back as she turned around. "Yes, Mr Hwang." She said politely. Hyunjin grabbed his wrist and made her stand up. "Come with me." He got into the parking lot and swung her to face him. "Why did you meet my father?"

Scoffing, she replied. "Oh Now, you care. When I wanted to tell you, you didn't want to pick up my calls or even see me." He said nothing. After staring for a few seconds, he opened his mouth. "Yang Areum manipulated you to do this didn't she?" She nodded. "Yes. She wanted me to tell him about your illness. At that time...something happened and I couldn't refuse it. But trust me, I didn't tell them anything."

"You think I will trust you? How much money did you get?" She looked at him shocked. "I mean..Hyunjin... I'm speechless. I tried my best for you and you- that was just a way to-....you know what, you don't even deserve the explanation.  And about the 'money' your so-called parents gave me is already transferred to your account." She said her last words as she exited the lot.

---

His footsteps echoed in the whole room. Mr Hwang looked at him. "It's rare to see you home." He stood in front of him. "I just came here to ask you something." He dropped his spoon and fork on the table. "What is that you wanna ask?" He didn't try to avoid eye contact this time. "What do you want to know? Why did you meet Y/n?"

"You should ask this yourself. You are in a hurry to come back as soon as the news comes to your ears." He tried to remain calm. "I just don't like to be suspected by you."

"Do you even know how that girl sees you in her mind? She said you were just a tool for her to get a promotion." Mr Hwang waited for his response. He stuttered. "D-Did she say that?" He gulped as the man nodded. Hyunjin turned around and took a few steps towards the door. "Wait!" He stopped but didn't turn around.

"She said that you have been suffering from insomnia because of work stress. If you want, take a break from the company and rest well." He turned around a little. "Thank you, dad. What you said right now, is really important to me." He bowed and got out. "Why was his voice like that? Is he moved by such a little care of mine?"