39. Exposed

Seungmin heard some footsteps approaching him. "Why are you back?" He was sitting on his couch and looking down at the floor. "It's me." He quickly turned to her. "Ms Bahng?"

He took her to his clinic and made her sit down on a comfortable chair. "What will happen to him if it gets worst?" Seungmin smiled. "Looks like you care for Hyunjin more than we imagined." He sat opposite to her. "No, I don't. I'm just afraid that if he couldn't take care of himself, he will not ask others for help in the future, being the emulative person he is."

Seungmin nodded in agreement. "Well, Hyunjin's biggest problem is love inability. He can be cured. You should make him open his heart in emotions, and get the sense of security. You don't have to do much. Just make him feel that he deserves to be loved."

---

His doorbell was heard across the house. He checked the monitor. "Why is she here this early in the morning? " He opened the gate as his eyes scanned her from head to toe. "What's up with the jogging suit?" She gave him the widest smile possible. "Wanna join?" He admired her sun-kissed body. "Are you sure you'll not lose your heart till the end?" He teased. "Of course not!"

* A devil will always remain a devil. * She thought.

"Fine. You asked for it." He smiled at her mischievously and went inside to change. "Why is he like that?"

After five minutes of waiting, he finally came out in his blue workout outfit. "Let's see your ability, whether you can follow or not." He said stretching his arms. "Huh?" He started the run before her. "Hey! wait for me." She ran after him.

It had already been ten minutes. "H-Hyunjin, slow....down." She said panting hard. He gazed back a little but never stopped. He smirked and went more further. She stopped between a path. "I'm an alien but still I can't run faster than him. I should be ashamed of myself." She kept her hands on her waist and tried to stable her breath.

She felt a tap on her shoulder. "Why did you reverse your steps?" She asked still trying to steady her breath. "We have to go to that end." He said pointing at the road. "Give me your hand." He opened his hand to her. She covered her hands with her sleeves. "Why?"

"Who is afraid of nothing, but crossing the road?"

While she was in her thoughts, he grabbed her hand himself. They both walked on the road. While crossing the road, Y/n didn't want to see the monster-like cars. She closed her eyes and let Hyunjin lead her way. "Do you want to leave that much?" She opened her eyes and saw they reached the other side. "What?" She asked. "The resign. You tried everything possible to resign, just to avoid me. Why?"

"I didn't do this for you to accept my resignation-" he didn't let her complete. "I have forgiven you for the sapphire. I don't know why you want it but since you wanted it that much, you must have your reasons. Let's pretend that never happened. Do you still insist on resigning?" She lowered her head. "I have found the reason for staying." She smiled at him, beautifully. "What reason?"

"We'll get late for work Mr Hwang." She kept that smile awake and completely avoided the question. She ran away from him. He shook her head and went behind her.

"Allen, you asked me here, just to make me see these two together?" She clenched her jaw. "Of course not. I just want you to do something about this girl. Hyunjin even aborted the sapphire case for her." She smirked and took out the pen drive from her purse. "Time to use the video."

---

She followed her everyday path and went to her floor. "Hey." She greeted to the male employee who always talked to her nicely. But today was different, he ignored her like she doesn't even exist. Y/n found it weird but shrugged it off. She went to her cabin. "Hey, guys. How're you doing?" The three men looked at her then at each other.

"Y/n....sit down," Changbin said softly. She sat down confused. "Why are you acting like this?" Felix sighed. "Y/n why would you do that?" She was having a brain disorder now. She had no idea what were they talking about. "Do what? What did I do?"

"Don't act like you don't know about it Y/n," Minho said in a serious tone. "Minho seriously, I'm not acting or pretending. I really don't know what you're talking about." Felix kept his hand on her shoulder. "Listen Y/n. We don't know if it's a rumour or not but whatever it is, I believe you. And I know that you wouldn't do such a thing."

Y/n kept staring at all their emotions showed on their faces. Changbin was upset, Felix was trying to convince himself of something and Minho, was disappointed.

"You didn't see the news did you?" Minho asked. She shook her head to a no. He took out his phone and opened the article. He handed his phone to her. As soon as she read the headlines, she remained shocked.

< Expensive sapphire of The Hwang Cooperation is stolen, suspected one is the insider >