50. Scandal

They stood on the escalator. "Mr Han, tell Y/n to not work here anymore. I have fired her." Han looked at him with doe eyes. "Why! You were the one who hired her and now-" He glared at him. "So now you will tell me whom I should fire?" Han rubbed his forehead to calm himself down, then shook his head.

"Why is everyone focusing on firing her?" A voice spoke up. Han signalled Jeongin before walking away. Hyunjin came to him and stood in front of him. "Everyone?"

"Yeah, a woman similar to you. You can't fire her. She is my staff." He pointed at himself. Hyunjin smirk-laughed and pulled his hands into his pocket. "Do you like her?" Jeongin nodded. "Yes, I do. I have to make her stay in the company so that I can see her every day. If I don't see her, I can't work. If you fire her, I-I-I won't work here either." Hyunjin smiled at him. "Ok."

Jeongin got filled with happiness. "Are you serious!?" Hyunjin nodded. "I can fire you too. If you have decided, give me the resignation letter as soon as possible." He said and walked away. "What!? Boss! Mr Hwang! Hyung! You idiot Hwang Hyunjin!" He thumped his feet on the floor in anger.

---

She came in with a straight face not showing any expressions. Jeongin's eyes caught her dull figure. "What's wrong?" He sat at her table. "When I went upstairs, the staff card seemed out of effect. The security guard told me that I was fired and maybe that was the reason." She held her card in her hands. He smiled. "How can the company fire you? Here.." He took out his card. "Use mine." He handed it to her. "I can't take this. What about you?"

"Oh, I have my face babe." He winked at her as she chuckled a little. "I almost forgot! We have the scheme to complete. Come with me?" He asked as she nodded. "Maybe the last project while I'm here."

He heard the knock at the door and didn't bother to look. "Come in." She walked in as the sound of the heels echoed through the room. "We haven't met in days, haven't forgotten me right, Mr Hwang." He looked up and smiled.

"Of course not Ms Kim. Please sit down." She sat down and looked around the office. "I came here to confess something. I know a secret about you." He frowned. "What do you mean, Ms Kim? I have a lot of secrets. Let's see which one you got"

"That one, that can't be accepted by any of your girlfriends, except me." She leaned on the table and whispered. "I've known about your amnesia for a long time now." Hyunjin rested his back on the chair. "How? And why are you telling me now?" She smiled. "I'm confessing now because I know you won't ask for help. I am willing to help you. "

"Help me?" He raised his brow. His phone started ringing. He picked up. "I should be going now." She took up and went out of the door. "Yes, Mr Han, what's wrong?"

"Mr Hwang, someone disclosed the fact that you broke up with Ms Y/n. And the news was later exploded by the media. I have sent the article to you." He didn't waste a second and opened the article on his laptop. "Who took these pictures?" Han rolled his eyes behind the phone.

"They were taken when you helped her during the scandal of her restaurant. But I don't get it. You both had never let your relationship go public. Then how does anyone know about it?" He flamed in anger  "Where is she right now?"

---

"Keep them here." Jeongin kept the samples on the table, followed by Y/n. He sat down on the chair. "So we have the samples now, but I don't know much about perfumes. How am I going to relate it to the scheme?" He looked at Y/n with hopeful eyes. "It's easy. The biggest purpose of human beings is to find the one who attracts them the most. As long as we find the scent that stimulates hormones most, our perfume will succeed."

He rubbed his chin with his index finger and thumb. "Y/n, you are a genius! But how will we find the perfume that stimulates hormones? These are more than 50." He said looking at the samples.

"I have a keen sense of smell. I will tell you the perfume. And you draw the design. With its outer appearance, people will automatically get attracted to it. And after smelling it, it's their choice." She said taking a test bottle in her hands. "You are right. Let's call it Hormone in future. I will make the most perfect and eye-catching design. That way I can relate the project with ar-"

"Get out I have something to talk with her." A voice travelled through their ears. They looked towards the door. "Ugh! Hyung, you can not fire her. We have talked about this." Y/n just sat there listening to their conversation. "I'm not here to talk about that. Now get out." Jeongin looked at Y/n. She smiled assuring that everything will be fine. He nodded and left them alone.

"You exposed our break up news right?" He said coming towards her. She stood up from the chair. "What break up news?" She said in a cold tone. "Stop pretending." She ran her hand through her open hair. "I am not pretending I didn't do anything!" She yelled on top of her lungs. He started at her for a few seconds before walking out of the room.

"Han, are there any public activities for me coming up nowadays." Han shook his head. "No, but if you want I can arrange it for you." The elevator opened as both of them walked in. "Arrange it asap. I want to clarify everything before the scandal gets bigger." He didn't say anything and nodded his head.

---

She got herself to the location. Wearing a white, off-shoulder dress makes her look similar to a fairy. She saw him and decided to walk up to him. He exchanged his glare with her. "Why are you here? I told you to stop following me." He didn't want to make a fuss in a public place.

"Don't worry. I'm not here for what you are thinking. I'm here to help you to clarify our relationship." He opened his mouth but someone else spoke on his behalf. "Sorry. I'm late. Let's go." She smiled and slid her hand into his arm. She looked at her hand. Hyunjin looked at Jiho and nodded a little. "Guess you don't need me then."

"No. I think you should come. You can explain better than him." Hyunjin shook his head a little towards Y/n. "Fine, then I'll...come."

They entered the hall as the reporters rushed over to them. "Mr Hwang, is your relationship with your subordinate true?"

"What is your relationship with the one beside you?" Another one asked. "I would never develop a personal relationship with my workmate." He wasn't finished when another one spoke. "Who is the lady beside you?" Jiho smiled. "Me and Mr Hwang are close friends. I am accompanying him today as his female companion. As for Ms Bahng..."

She looked in the direction. Hyunjin looked at Jiho. "She is here as a subordinate. I think she will be more convincing than us." The reporters ran to her leaving both of them. "Ms Kim, what are you doing?" Hyunjin looked at the crowd near Y/n.

"Excuse me Ms, is what she said right now, true?" She gulped at the thought that she was now surrounded by many mics and cameras. "Have you been threatening Mr Hwang to break up with you?" Hyunjin took a step forward but was held back by Jiho. "I was Mr Hwang's secretary at work. For work purposes, we spent a lot of time together and we're misunderstood."

"So Ms Bahng, how could you be employed by The Hwang Cooperation from being a delivery girl?" Jiho raised her questions as all of them looked at her. "Yes, Ms Bahng. How could you get employed?" The report started reducing the gap between them and her making her feel frustrated. Panic ran through her as her words stuttered. "I-I-"

-♡-

Note:
Sorry for not updating as I promised but I'm kinda busy these days but as soon as I get any free time I use it to edit or update the chapter. I hope you understand my situation.

Will update the next part on Monday ig?