66. I like you

"Any medical histories he had?" The doctor asked quickly. "I - I think I had stimulated his heart. Will he be ok?" She asked while panic ran through her whole body. "Then he might need heart surgery. Are you his family?" She shook her head. "Then get his family here right now! We need to confirm if we can place a surgery or not."

---

He smiled while looking at the caller I'd. He picked up. "Hey, Y/n-...What? Don't worry I'm coming." He got up and ran to the exit while calling someone. "Dad..."

She kept roaming here and there in front of his room. The running of heels was heard through the corridor. "What's wrong with Hyunjin?" She looked at the room. The door was covered up like a normal one, except the middle part was made of glass which made it a little easy to look at him laying down on the bed. "I hurt him, accidentally." Jiho's blood boiled up in anger. "How dare you! I told you not to entangle with him!"

Y/n saw Mr and Mrs Hwang running to them as well. Mr Hwang reached her. "What is it? Is it serious?" Y/n opened her mouth to explain but the door suddenly opened, interrupting her. The doctor came out. "What happened Dr?" Jiho was the first one to ask. "We found a strange and unknown fragment around his heart. I'm afraid it's hard to get it out. Because of the special location, you should prepare for the worst." The doctor said and left.

Y/n ran away. She locked herself into the restroom and clenched her hair. The blue liquid started leaking. "It's all because of me. What should I do?" Her breath became unstable. Her sobs turned into loud ones.

---

She stood outside the hospital, lifeless. A car stopped in front of her. The door opened as he quickly walked over to her. "Y/n, what happened to him?" She looked up. "T-They said he could d-die. It's my fault. What should I do?" She sat down and buried her head into her knees. He noticed the anxiety she was facing and sat down with her.

"Y/n, look at me." She gazed up. "I will save him no matter what. I will hire the best doctor to save him. I promise you. Nothing will happen to him. Mark my words." She wrapped her arms around his shoulder. Jeongin was a little taken- aback. "Please save him..." She whispered.

The door opened. All of them gathered in front of the doctor. "How's it going?" Mr Hwang asked. "Mr Hwang keeps his life for now. But, I think it's a bit strange. If he gets through tonight, he will be fine." Jeongin widened his eyes and looked at the three of them. Jiho opened her mouth. "What do you mean? Is there anything else wrong with Hyunjin?"

Jeongin looked at the doctor in tension. "Mr Hwang's illness is caused by the last car accident. About the fragment, if we move it, it will be a threat to his life. We can make his condition stable for now. As for if he can wake up, it is up to his will." The doctors started to leave. Jiho walked away aggressively. Jeongin quickly caught up and blocked his way. "Where are you going?"

"To find her and ask what she did to Hyunjin!" He could see the anger in her eyes. "The doctor has said it's because of the car accident. Not because of Y/n." Mr Hwang looked at them. "Why are you still protecting her!" She yelled. "Enough!" Mr Hwang said. Both of them looked at him.

"Before Hyunjin wakes up, we can't conclude." He paused for a while and looked at Jiho. "Jiho, you should go back. Your parents must be waiting. Tell them to not worry." She hesitated but then nodded. "Ok." She bowed to them and walked away. "I'll drop her to the car." He said and ran behind her.

Hugging her knees she sat down in front of the hospital, with the support of a pillar. She heard a familiar voice. Turning around, she ran to him. "How's-"

"Don't you feel ashamed?" Jiho interrupted. "It's late now. You should go." Jeongin said looking at her car. Jiho glared at Y/n the last time before heading to her car.

When the car disappeared from their sight, he started, "He is fine for now. But still in danger." He sighed and looked up at the sky. "It's my fault." He walked a little further from her. His back was now facing her.

"When the car accident happened, everybody knew he was hurt so bad. But, he pretends to be fine. Every day, he is busy at work. As time passed by, we all thought he is getting better. He is not as strong as we thought." He looked down. "Jeongin. I can't go back, your parents might hate me to the most. Please help me and take me to him. I must save him."

He entered the room quietly. "Dad, mom, you should go back. It's pretty late." Jeongin came and stood beside his bed. Mr Hwang shook his head to a no. "I won't. Areum, you can go back if you want."

"Dad, if you'll stay here for too long, you might get sick. I'm here to take care of him." The lady in the room nodded. "He is right. We should go back. If you'll get sick the company will be a mess." Mr Hwang looked at the lying body in front of him with an emotionless face. After a few seconds, he got up from his chair. "Fine, we'll go back then. Jeongin, I'm counting on you." Jeongin smiled a little. "Don't worry, dad." The couple got out of the room. Jeongin took out his phone. "Come in."

Soon the door opened. Without making a sound, she came in. "Can you wait for me outside?" He nodded and exited the room. She looked at the bed and came closer to it, sitting beside him. "I'm sorry... If I would've known you would become like this, I would've liked to give up on the annunciator." No reply from the other side. Even though she felt like a fool talking alone, she didn't stop.

"You know what? When they said there is a chance you won't survive, I just realised how important you are to me. It wasn't the annunciator which keeps me here..... it's you." She leaned in close to his ear.

"I like you, Hyunjin."