18. Believe Her

"Before this, I often told you to get close to different people so that you can get recovered from the bad influence of your mother. We failed all the time before. But this time, I believe in Y/n. She can certainly help you." Han magnified.

"You mean we can try to be together?" Han nodded. "Yes. You see, you remember her. That means she has a particular meaning to you. Think it over." He dabbed his shoulders and left the apartment.

---

"Hello, Mr Hwang. I'm coming to your company. I got my first salary and went shopping. I found a cool thing. I brought it as a present as you helped me." He curved his edges into a smile. "No. I don't have time."

"Fine then maybe late- Oh shit!" and the phone hung up. "Y/n? Y/n? Did something bad happen to her?" He rolled his car wheels and took off to his company.

"Can't you see?" She yelled at the two students who just bumped into her. "It's broken." She sat on the nearby bench.

A car stopped in front of her. Hyunjin came out fleeing towards her. "Are you fine?" He said in an anxious tone. "Yes. But my phone broke. How did you find me?" He sighed and sat beside her. "You said you're near my company. By the way, where is my present?"

She took out a box from her shopping bag and handed it to him. He unfastens it saw a luxurious watch. "It's so ugly." He said teasingly. She made a poker face. "Then give it back." She tried to take it back. He instantly stood up. "No." She also stood up.

"Give it back!" She jumped to reach it. He was just laughing all the time observing Y/n trying to reach his height. After a minute of teasing, he got a call. "Wait, wait. Stop." He said and answered it. "Sir, Mr Finler arrived in advance."

"So? What's the problem with that?" Hyunjin asked. "Sir the problem is that Ma'am, I mean your stepmom suddenly appeared." He hung up and then turned to Y/n. "I have to go now. Go home safely." He got back in the car and drove away. "You took the watch with you." She squealed from the back.

---

"Ok, thanks." She retreated her phone from her ear. "What did he say?" Hyunjin inquired. "Mr Finler didn't answer my phone. He just let his secretary ask us one question. He asked that does Jeongin really want to hold this exhibition?"

"What nonsense?" He whimpered. "I'll try to find other ways." She said. Hyunjin gazed at her and shook his head. "No, thanks. You already helped me a lot. Thank you, Ms Jiho." She smiled. "I wanted to tell- " Hyunjin uttered, interrupting her.

"I still have things to take care of. I'll try to thank you personally next time." He explained and left her office. "I wanted to tell you that I have known your secret for a long time." She sighed and got back to her job.

He came outside the building and called his assistant. "Mr Han come and pick me up. I think my stepmom has done her job very well." His eyes became as dark as The Blackhole.

---

Jeongin was busy, painting his new work when he heard his doorbell ring. He got up from his stool and unlocked the door. "Hyung. What are you doing here? Didn't you go to meet Mr Finler?" He caught a glimpse of his brother's glare. He swallowed as he knew he was not in a good mood. "Let me in and tell you." He shoved Jeongin aside and stepped in.

He let Jeongin come in front of his view and then began. "One thing I must confirm. If I give you another chance to choose. This exhibition......are you willing to hold?" Jeongin gave him an uncertain look. "What's wrong with you? You just told me to obey your instructions. Why are you suddenly considering my choice?"

"Mr Finler aborted the contract. Only you can change his mind." Jeongin crossed his arms around his chest. "I know, being arranged by me for a long time, you must be tired of it. So, I give you a chance to choose this time. If you want to give up, I won't bother you from now on." No response. Hyunjin leaned to the table behind him with a nauseous face.

"What if I don't wanna give up?" Hyunjin blinked a few times and looked at him stunned. Jeongin smiled. "I was very young till now, you always surpassed me. Study, business, romantic relationship, whatever. Hard to see you give up this time.....I want to be the winner." Hyunjin curved his lips in a wide and warm smile. "Ok. Three days." He gestured by his fingers. "I only give you three days to finish one painting. After this, I'll take you to meet Mr Filner."

Hyunjin came back to the company. He was speaking with Han when someone blocked his way. "Not gone yet?" Hyunjin gave Han the signal to leave them alone. After he left she opened her mouth. "Jeongin told me everything." He bent his head down. "The exhibition may be cancelled."

"I am sorry, Mr Hwang. It's me because of who you were late to meet him. I can't let him misunderstand you. I'll go and explain." She was about to run out the company. "You don't have to. This matter has nothing to do with you. It's my fault." She crossed her arms around her body and glared.

"You always do this." Hyunjin raised a brow at her. "Why do you always like to fight alone. No matter when you're ill, or at work. Can't you just believe others for once?" He made a poker face while aiming to control his laugh. "Believe you?"

"Of course. If you believe me, I promise I will make Mr Filner do what we want." He couldn't keep up anymore and laughed out loud. "Fine. I believe in you." She smiled widely but then dropped it. "Why were you laughing?" He laughed again.

"Nothing. You look cute when you are angry." He said while still chuckling.