40. Dare touch her

Getting out of the car, Hyunjin saw the person he just wanted. "Mr Han I want you to-" Someone suddenly bumped hard on both of the men and passed between both of them. "Excuse me!" He didn't even bother to look who he bumped into and ran upstairs. "Why is our Director Jeongin in such a hurry?" Han asked. "Don't even say work." Hyunjin scoffed.

He hurried up to her but then stabled himself and went to her seat with a serious face. "Y/n I have to talk to you about work. Come with me." He said with a straight and serious face. She knew what does he wanna talk about. She just nodded and followed him. He took her to his office.

"Why? Just Why? The evidence is clear, Y/n the photos and the video, don't even try to convince me that you did not steal it." She had never seen this side of him. "Jeongin I- Ok, Listen....The sapphire belongs to me. It's a long story. I can't explain right now. I'm in a bigger problem." Jeongin took a second to function his brain.

"Wait...so we both snuck into the lab...... because the sapphire belongs to you? Y/n why didn't you tell me before!? Forget about anyone else but Hyunjin....he will kill you. You might be arrested." She shook her head. "He knows already and he said he won't blame me."

She held her forehead and kneeled. "Why did I agree to come here? It's all messed up. I regret every minute of being here." She whispered to herself. "Y/n get up." Jeongin made her stand. "Don't worry. This will be solved. And if Hyung has forgiven you, no one else can even touch you. And the sapphire belongs to you anyway. Why are you afraid of facing anyone." She bit her lower lips lightly. "I'm sorry, Jeongin. I should've told you before. And you're right. I can't just avoid every single person here."

"Y/n I'm telling you, if you told me earlier, we both would steal it together. Anyway, we both are troublemakers." She chuckled. Jeongin smiled by seeing her smile. "I'll go now. Big problems are lying ahead of me."

She went back to her desk. She could hear all the employees talking about her. She controlled it for a short time until she was not able to handle it anymore. Lifting her fingers she brought them near her ears. Circulating the fingers around her ears, she smiled.

* Now say whatever you want. I can't hear you anyway.*

She started working on some paperwork. She was focused on her work until someone slammed a lot of files on her desk. She quickly removed the invisible shield she was wearing on her ears and looked at the employee. It was a female employee. "Work on these, you arrogant." She didn't tolerate it anymore and slammed the desk that caught everyone's attention. She took a deep breath.

"Listen you bitch, I'm having a bad day already. I'm not in a mood to fight you so you better keep your mouth shut." The lady stayed amused by her reply. Y/n has never cursed in front of everyone. She always remained calm, kind and polite to everyone.

"Didn't you hear her? Go away. Don't make me force you." Minho said from behind, glaring at her. Her face was red like a tomato from the humiliation she experienced. She bowed. "Sorry, sir." She quickly left not wanting to face anyone.

"Thanks, Minho." He didn't say anything and went back to work.

---

She ran downstairs. "I'm late! Mrs Bahng don't make breakfast for me." She said but Mrs Bahng suddenly fake coughed. Y/n looked at her. She eyed a table. Y/n lead her eyes in the direction.

"How's your work going on these days?" She had her arms crossed around her perfectly curved body. "Not that good but why are you here Ms Kim." She asked politely. "I heard that you are exposed as the one who stole the sapphire." Y/n didn't say anything. "Ms Bahng don't misunderstand. I don't worry about you but Hyunjin." Y/n clenched her jaw. "It's my business. Please don't bother to butt in." The sarcastic tone made Jiho smirk.

"Hyunjin and I have been approved to be lovers by our family. I think that Hyunjin has just used you as a tool to cover up his loneliness." Y/n smiled at her beautifully. "Just make it straightforward. You want me to leave the company, right?" Jiho nodded. "If you care about him...Now that I have said my words, I'll take my leave."

Y/n sighed and rubbed her face. "My girl, are you okay?" Mrs Bahng listened to the whole conversation. "I'm fine. I gotta go now." She got up from the chair and went to the company. She entered her floor and kept her head low. She heard some noisy fidgeting. She looked up and saw a female employee opening and closing her drawers. "What are you doing? I piled all the files in sequence!" Y/n yelled a little.

"You touched the work project I put on the desk, right?" Y/n rolled her eyes. "No. And how did you even predict it was me?" The woman chuckled. "Because it was a criminal report. Isn't it clear you hid it somewhere?" Y/n widened her eyes. "What the-"

Hyunjin entered the company and was greeted by Han. They kept walking towards the elevator. "Mr Hwang there is a big problem. The stealing of the sapphire has been exposed." Hyunjin stopped his tracks. "Who exposed it?" His face grew darker. "Technical department has found a little website. But we were not able to find out who exactly did it."

Hyunjin sighed. "Does Y/n know?" Han lowered his head. "She might." Hyunjin didn't say anything and walked to the elevator. Han followed behind. "It's my fault. I received the message last night. Y/n must've gone through a lot these days."

Han pressed the 'down' button. "So what are you planning to do now? I bet there are many people who-"

"I'm here. No one dares to do something to her. I want the article down at any cost. And an announcement on behalf of our company, saying that it is a pure rumour and there is no such project going on in our company." Han nodded.

"What did you say!?" The employee yelled. "I said you slandered me on stealing the report so you should apologize to me." Y/n crossed her arms around her chest. Hyunjin entered the room. "You have a habit of stealing I guess. Everyone in the company knows it." She smirked.

Y/n decided not to argue more. "I'm done with this shit." She mumbled to herself. "Who said?" Just two words spoken from his mouth shut all of them up. They stood straight. He walked to her. "What happened?" She shook her head signifying 'nothing'. "I asked what happened Ms Y/n." He was staring at her face with did not look usual.

"Suzy is accusing me that I stole the file that she kept on my table. And why did you keep it on my table when it's your report? You can check the security tape, Mr Hwang." Hyunjin glared at the women.

"No need. You left with me last night. And let me make it clear. I lost the sapphire myself. It has nothing to do with her. The article which you all read is spreading fake rumours. And about the video you saw. The box you can see which she slid into my pocket, was actually a ring which I wanted to gift someone. I handed it to Y/n before the exhibition. Are there any questions?"

"What are you saying?" She whispered to him. "Shut up." Hyunjin looked at her then turned the employee. "You can apologize to her now."

"Sorry, Y/n. I shouldn't have misunderstood you." She hesitated but finally completed her sentence. Hyunjin nodded and then looked at Y/n. "Follow me."