65. Drunken mistake

She knocked on the door. The chair's back was facing him which made it unable for her to see who it was. "I'm coming in if you don't wanna respond." She said stepping into his office. He turned his chair around.

"Oh...Chairman.." She bowed to him. "Why did you come here?" He asked, not gazing at her. "To ask something." She answered short. "If I remember correctly, you promised me that you won't mingle with Hyunjin anymore. "

"I'm not going behind him, sir." She said calmly. He sighed. "Ms Bahng, you and Hyunjin will never be together." She kept her gaze low. "Hyunjin and Jiho are going to engage anyway." She stared him straight into the eyes. "And...Why are you telling me this?" He frowned.

"I mean, It's your family's business and Hyunjin's and Jiho's matter. Why are you telling a third person about this?" He stayed silent. He never expected this kind of attitude from her. She didn't argue nor begged him but remained calm. "I'll get going now." She bowed once again before turning around.

"Wait a minute." She turned around listening to the command. "Do you know why I don't agree with you and Hyunjin being together?" She nodded with a smile. "Because I'm not good enough." He shook his head and stood up from the chair. "I have never thought little of you. I'm just protecting Hyunjin." He got away from her, avoiding eye contact.

"You and him, are just like his mother and me. We were happy together. But basically, we were not the same. Our purposes were different, too. The difference between us might have gotten bigger in future. It would rather not start than hurt each other in the future." He finally looked at her. "I have experienced it And I can't see Hyunjin go through it. "

---

"You came back." He smiled at her. "Yeah." The low tone in her voice explained her condition. "What happened?" He asked. She sighed. "I don't know. I think I'm...upset? "

"Why are you questioning? You are upset." He told her. She didn't say anything at first. "Because.." She slowly started. "I thought I didn't have feelings." Chan raised his brow. Scanning his expression, she said. "I want some time alone." He nodded as she went upstairs. She sat on her bed and got deep into her thoughts.

"What's wrong with you?" Y/n looked behind her. "Just..." Somi got to her left side. "I want to go home." She said. "Well, of course?" She shook her head. "I want to go home not only because I wanna go home. But I want to delete my data in which, I have all my memories with Hyunjin. I want to forget him!" She said frustrated. "Well... you know that you can't go home until you meet him."

"I forgot he has my Annunciation! God, save me!"

---

He was in front of the mirror, making his tie. She pressed the bell as it rang across his house. He went to the door monitor with his half-made tie. "What are you going here?" He asked through the monitor. "I think I came at the wrong time. You must be getting ready for work. I-I'll come afterwards."

She turned around to walk away. But stopped her steps when she heard a sound. She turned around and saw the gate was opening automatically. "Come in." He closed the monitor screen and went to his door.

He pulled the chair for her. "Wanna drink some wine?" She gave him a blank expression. "Early in the morning?" He nodded casually. "O-Ok then." He left her alone. "What if... I get him drunk? It will be easy for me." She sighed. "But I have to drink a little so that he won't suspect." She pouted.

After some time he came back with a bottle of red wine. He took out two wine glasses. Taking the opener, he placed it on the cap and applied his force. The bottle eventually opened as he poured the wine into a glass. Y/n looked at his appearance. "Don't you want to spruce up?"

He looked at her as she gazed at his neck. He kept the wine bottle on the counter, staring at her with a rare expression. "Why are you looking at me like that?" His lips were curved up into a little smile. "Isn't this supposed to be your job? "

"Come closer then." She grabbed his tie and pulled him closer. She opened the tie fully and grabbed each side of the tie. He kept staring at her face while she was busy tying for him. "There you go." She smiled proudly at her masterpiece. He sat down on the chair behind him. "Is it good now?" He asked still smiling. She nodded. "Yes. A very spruce person."

* Okay, now I'm getting jealous of Jiho. *

"Who is more handsome? Jeongin or me?" Y/n got amused at his sudden and random question. "You both have different styles. Can't compare." She looked up thinking. He shook his head while smiling widely. Picking up the wine glass, he handed it to her. "Hope I don't get drunk."

She mumbled to herself before gulping the whole glass down her throat. "Woah...You don't need to hurry." He said while taking a sip of his wine. "I'm fine." She grabbed the bottle and poured more. "Y/n, stop."

"Why should I?" She grabbed her glass again and drank it at once. He snatched the bottle from her hand. "I don't think you are a good holder. Don't get drunk." She rolled her eyes. "I'm not drunk." She stood up from her chair. "Are you sure? You sound drunk." She shook her head. "No, I don't!" She shouted.

He facepalmed and got up from his chair. She kept losing her balance. "I'm not drunk. I can even control my super powers. This little wine is not a problem." He walked to her and grabbed her arms. "You are so drunk."

She got off his hands from her arms and took a hold of his tie and pulled him close with a jerk. She stared into his eyes. "You know why I came here today?" Hyunjin decided not to say anything and kept listening to her. "My purpose was very simple. I need you to have a heartthrob for me one more time. "

"Why?" She pulled away. "Because you are Hwang Hyunjin! You are my only hope." She said with her saddened face. "Why don't you go to Jeongin?" She shook her head. "He can't help." She sat on the couch just behind her. "Aren't you going to drink?"

"If I drink, who is gonna take you home later?" She again reached out for his tie and closed it tightly in her fist. "Why do you-" She pulled his tie with her whole force. Within seconds, they were sharing each other's breaths. His hands were supporting his body while they were on each side of her body. He tried to maintain his distance. She kept her right hand on his chest. "Why do you...Why do you always mess with my plan?" She said in a low voice but he could hear her.

"Do you know what preparations I have to do whenever I have to see you?" A tear escaped her eyes. To your surprise, it was not blue. "Why are you crying for me?" He wiped off her tear with his thumb. A light suddenly affected her through the corner of her eye. She looked down. The light.

* He still remembers me? *

"Can I flatter myself to assume that you loved me?" She said. He caressed her hair and smiled. He started reducing the gap between them. She widened her eyes as she pressed her hand too hard on his chest. He backed up and sat on the floor. "Ah..." He held his chest. "Hyunjin! Are you okay?" He started screaming through pain.