15. Shun

Han came in running gaining Hyunjin's attention. "It's urgent. So I'll cut it short. Dr. Seungmin said that he has read your latest illness data. This heavy rain might affect you more severely than before." He knitted his eyebrows into a frown. "What do you mean?" Han noticed the picture on the screen and thought.

*Now he likes her too?* He brushed it off and continued. "You'd only forget the women you newly met and not the ones you already knew for a long time. For example, you always remember your stepmother clearly. But recently, you hallucinate a lot. He supposes that is the omen of your illness worsening."

He gulped the lump in his throat he didn't know he was holding. "So my stepmother, If it gets worse, I'll also forget her?" Han nodded. He saw the tension on Hyunjin's face. He thought that nothing would be better than a lie."Well, it's his temporary guess. Anyway, I will advise you to shun the heavy rain."

"Shun?" He asked. "Which means leaving the city before it begins raining." Hyunjin scoffed. "I can shun it this time, but will I shun it for the rest of my life?" Han placed his hand on his forehead. "I didn't mean to recommend this method. When we are in front of damage, the best way is to face it. But despite all trials, nothing is working. No one can......help you out of this. So this time, Mr. Hwang, you have to leave."

---

She smirked as he held the photos in her hands. Picking up her phone, she made a call. "Good work. Money will be transferred to your account this evening." He remained silent. "Hello?" She called out again. "I will destroy the memory bank." She slammed her hand on the table. "Not now! Not until I say so. I will let you know when to do it. I just want to claim his heart, nothing else." With that, she hung up on him and sighed in frustration. She looked at the weather. "Who is he gonna forget this time."

------

Y/n came back to the restaurant. The outside of the restaurant seemed horrible. The plants were torn out, their banner was a mess. She saw a 'closed' sign on the door. Running she went inside and saw Mrs. Bahng sitting on one of the tables. "Mrs. Bahng! What happened outside." She looked at her with an upset face.

"Reporters. They found out Mr. Hwang got his illness from our food. They destroyed everything. I am deciding to temporarily close the restaurant. Let's take a break. I'm going with my friends on a vacation."

She look out some money from her pocket. "Take this. Enjoy your days while I'm away." She smiled at Y/n. Y/n suddenly hugged her. "No, Mrs. Bahng please don't go. This is my only house-" She smacked Y/n's head. "You idiot! I am just going for a few days. And Chan is here to take care of you. Don't worry okay? Now bye." She got away from Y/n and took her suitcase. She waved at her and before Y/n could say something, she had already left.

She went into her room and threw herself on the bed. "Boring! It's so boring." She kept roaming here and here on her bed. "Save the restaurant, you idiot!" Y/n got up and saw her assistant on the table. "You are so small I can barely see you." She looked at her. "There is no chance I can stop the rumor from spreading." She took Somi in her hands."There is a way if you're willing to do it." Y/n gave her a glare that said 'Of course, I am'

"Well then there is one way, just go to Hyunjin and convince him to say that it was because of his allergy, not because of your food." She had no choice the last thing for her to do is this. She lazily got up and headed towards his company.

"In my absence, all work and responsibilities are on you." The man smiled. "No problem sir I will make su-" He suddenly got cut off by a loud noise coming from the left. "Mr. Hwang! Mr. Hwang! I need to talk to you." She panted hard as he reached him. "Talk with him." He pointed to a unknown man. He got in the car as the security closed the door.

"Mr. Hwang, only you can solve my problem please listen once." She kept shouting. "Please make the statement that you got hospitalized due to your illness not because of our restaurant's food. Please explain to the media." Han sighed and started the car. He drove away and she was left behind still regretting coming here.

*How did I even expect this ruthless man to help us.*

She came back home and saw Chan watching the news. "Channie, how will we save the restaurant?' He turned around and smiled. "It's okay, Y/n. We will find a way out. Don't worry too much." Although she knew that Chan was just staying positive for her not to worry much, she still felt better while hearing him say this. She came to him and hugged him. "What happened, sweetheart? Something wrong?" He asked concerned. "I worry about Mrs. Bahng. She loves the restaurant more than herself."

"I said forget about it. Wanna eat ice cream?" She pulled away and nodded rapidly. He pinched her cheeks. "Let's go."

The next day, it became worse. The reporters were inside the restaurant. Some people were holding banners that said things about closing the place permanently. Y/n came downstairs. She got shocked as she saw Chan handling all the reporters by himself. "I just called one reporter! But I think the whole industry came." She came running towards Chan.

"What's going on?" He turned towards her and said. "I have no idea how did they even get in." The media started asking all the questions related to Hyunjin. "Our food is clean. He has an allergy." Y/n tried her best in explaining that to the media but no one was ready to listen.

----

"Sir everything is ready." Han said. When he got no response he looked back at him. Hyunjin was reading an article. "Sir?" He noticed him this time. "Just drive." He nodded and started driving. "By the way, sir, don't you think Y/n was so anxious yesterday. How about contact her before leaving?" Han's words made him think of the article which he just finished reading. "Forget it. Even if I go to her, I'll forget her someday. "

Suddenly, he heard the sound of his notification ringtone. He raised the volume and opened it. "Our food is clean. It's just because of his allergy." Han heard it and he knew exactly who she was. "Stop." Hyunjin commanded. "But it's about to rain. We can't take the risk." Hyunjin sighed and laid his head back and closed his eyes.

--

"We heard you were rejected by Mr. Hwang for help." The reporters were throwing questions over questions and all they could do was repeat the same thing.

The door pushed open. All of them lend their attention to it. The reporters didn't waste a second and ran towards him.