74. Clients?

She finally came back from the terrace. He was coming out from the other way. She stopped her steps and did her best to hide. "Y/n?" She jumped and looked in front of her to find minho. She sighed and relaxed her body. "What are you doing? Are you hiding from something?"

"You can say so. Listen Minho, are there any works going on in your department recently?" He rolled his eyes. "Of course there are. Going out for business, meeting clients, doing market research. And that fucking bastard just don't give me any rest!" Y/n didn't complain. Instead agreed "I know. But, is there any work for me?" She kept her hand on his arm. Looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Which one do you want?" He asked happily. But his happiness was not compared to hers. "Any will work. As long as I stay away from Jeongin." He frowned. "The director? Why? He is nice." Y/n blinked a few times before answering.

"N-No. I didn't mean that. Have you seen the internet? There are a lot of gossip and rumors. So I-I just wanna avoid that." He didn't question further. "Ok, let me think..... Yeah." He clicked his fingers. "Drama lama has assigned me to meet a client, but I don't wanna do it. You'll do that for me?" She nodded rapidly. "I'll do it right away. Give me the card."

Her phone started to make a noise in her pocket. She pulled out and groaned. "He is annoying me now." She picked up. "What?" She said rudely. "Had fun with Minho?" She narrowed her eyes and looked around to find him. "I'm not at the company." His eyes became ice cold. "What were you talking about so private?" She rolled her eyes. "None of your business." She busted and hung up.

---

He was standing outside the company, leaning against his car. "Are you gonna wait for her?" Han asked and saw him nod. "I'll wait till she gets off duty." Han sighed at his stubbornness and walked into the company.

He waited for fifteen minutes but he didn't get a sign of her. He decided to call her but was interrupted. "I want to talk to you." Hyunjin looked up from his phone. Thinking for a few moments he looked at the company's entrance once and then agreed.

It was nighttime. Hyunjin entered his living room and looked at the small picture hung on the wall of two kids probably in their teenage. He smiled a little. "You finally confessed to her. But... I would have let it go if it was for something else. I'm not losing." Jeongin said.

---

She was brushing her teeth lazily. "I don't wanna go today." Her words were not clear but Somi seemed to understand. "You're saying this to the wrong person." Y/n sighed. She cleaned her mouth as her phone rang. She picked up her phone from the nightstand. She bit her lips nervously and picked up. "I heard you were working outside yesterday. How was it?" His voice seemed normal like he usually was. "It went smooth. Why?"

He smiled through the phone. "Nothing. Just want to tell you that, you don't have to avoid me. Especially in work." She stayed silent for a while. "Jeongin, I would like it better if you would try to not treat me so well." His smile faded. "I know-" He chuckled cutting her off.

"What are you talking about? I called you for business purposes. I've accepted what happened yesterday. So... would you like to continue working as my subordinate?" She smiled lightly. "Of course. I'll be there." When the call ended she talked to herself. "How can he act as if nothing happened between us? Whatever. Good for me."

She came down the stairs and went straight towards the counter. "Ready to work?" Mrs. Bahng smiled. "I guess so..." Y/n suddenly hit Mrs. Bahng with a question. "Mrs. Bahng, what if there's someone you don't wanna meet but he always annoys and wants to meet you, what should you do?"

Mrs. Bahng opened her mouth and raised her hand to advise her but she suddenly turned it into a wave. "Whom are you waving to?" She turned to look in the direction Mrs. Bahng was looking in. She jumped. "Oh, Heyyy there!" She stretched her words more than ever.

He folded his arms around his chest. "The "someone" you're talking about, is referring to me?" She shook her head. "No, I was talking about this chair." She said sarcastically while pointing to a chair. "Why are you here again?" When he didn't reply she rolled her eyes and turned around. "You didn't show up yesterday. Why? Because of Minho? Or Jeongin?" He said making her face him.

"What the hell!? Of course not!" Her phone started ringing again making her not speak further. She looked at the caller I'd. "Uh...I-I have a client to meet up with. I have to go." He came up to her and glanced at her phone. As expected, Jeongin. His expression became serious.

"What a coincidence! I'm going to inspect employees today. It's you then."

"Me? What?" He didn't give her a chance and grabbed her wrist dragging her with him. The wheels stopped in front of him. Jeongin was leaning against his car. The door opened as Y/n came out quickly. He wasn't expecting it. "What are you doing here?" He walked to her. Another door opened as he walked out. "Why is he here?" Jeongin questioned again looking at her.

"He's the client you mentioned?" Hyunjin asked walking toward them. "No. He- Just." Jeongin took his hold of her wrist and made her closer. "I'm her superior. It's normal for us to meet. But you, as the CEO, don't have time to waste on an employee, right?" Hyunjin glared at him.

"I don't have to report to my subordinate about who I'm wasting time with." He grabbed Y/n's left arm and pulled her towards him. "Come here," Jeongin said and pulled the woman from her right arm. "You.." Hyunjin said and pulled her towards him. "Y/n," Jeongin repeated. She jerked her arms from them. "Enough. Just stop already." She said irritated. "I have to go see a client."

"Then I'll go with you." Jeongin said. Y/n widened her eyes. "I met the client yesterday. The client is made up. What should I do!?" She mumbled to herself. "I'll go with you two." Y/n looked at Hyunjin more shocked.

* He is worsening it. *

Suddenly an idea popped into her mind. She smirked a little. "Are you sure? Don't regret it later." Both of them scoffed. "Fine, then. Jeongin, take the left turn after this."