86. Dont Wanna Lose You

The arrow of the speed rate was growing each second. "Inform the technical department. No matter what ways they take, the data should be retrieved. I'll go find Y/n." He hung up. He gripped the steering so tight his knuckles when white. "She can't run away from me."

---

Chan, Mrs. Bahng, and Y/n were sitting near the counter. Y/n was silent since she came back. Chan and Mrs. Bahng decided to not pressure her for telling. A loud sound suddenly came from outside. All three of them looked at the door and observed the light.

"Thunderstorms... It will rain soon." Mrs. Bahng said and walked up the stairs. Chan and Y/n were left alone. "Are you sure they won't retrieve?" Chan asked. "I used the strongest virus. I hope it works well."

"I still don't understand. Why?" Y/n remained silent. The known honking roar was heard from outside. "I know this sound," Chan said. "It's Hyunjin's car." Y/n panicked and stood up. "Is there a tunnel here?" Chan tilted his head. "Tunnel?" She nodded. "I need to hide."

Chan raised his brow at her not sure what she wanted. "Calm down. You're saying nonsense. Hide behind the bar counter. I'll cover for you." She nodded and went behind the counter.

The door opened forcefully. "Bahng Y/n! Show up right now!" He started searching for her. His head turned from right to left. "She did not return yet," Chan said casually in the most simple sound he could. Hyunjin didn't want to waste time anymore and he believed the man. Hyunjin turned around to leave. Mrs. Bahng came downstairs and stopped her steps when she saw Y/n's back facing her, behind the bar.

"Y/n what are you doing behind the bar?" Chan looked around at face her. Mrs Bahng read his expression. "Did I say something I wasn't supposed to say?" Hyunjin turned around and looked at the bar.

"Shit." Y/n cursed under her breath and slowly stood up. "Hey there!" She could see the anger in his eyes. Without saying anything he came up to her and carried her up in his arms.

"Wait-" Chan and Mrs. Bahng said nothing and saw Y/n struggling in Hyunjin's arms. Hyunjin went to her room and threw her down on the couch.

He trapped her between his arms and the back of the couch. He spoke in a low tone. "Have you considered about the consequences when you were deleting the memories?"

"I have." She answered shortly. "So you planned it already?" He stood up and scoffed. "If you planned it already then why be with me? If you had a problem with me then say it. I won't force you to be with me." Y/n shook her head. "It's not like that-"

"That's what I saw! I made all of my efforts to enhance the security of my memory bank. I thought it was hacked but I couldn't imagine, it was you two who breached it." He sat down on the seat nearest to him with a hurt expression. He felt like he couldn't trust anyone. Not anymore.

"Sorry.." Y/n whispered looking down. "I don't need your sorry!" Y/n looked up at him with glossy eyes. "I didn't have a choice. I'm sorry-"

"What language do you understand!" He yelled and stood up. "I'm going to forget you soon and-" He stopped when he realized he was shouting mercilessly. He let a deep sigh out and looked at Y/n whose eyes were red and teary because of the magic done by Somi who was silently observing the two.

He walked up to her and bent down to her level taking her right hand in his. "I'm sorry." He spoke softly. "It's just that...I don't wanna lose you."

Y/n felt some liquid on her hand. She noticed Hyunjin's head was down so she couldn't see him. "Hyunjin, we both need to calm down." Hyunjin nodded and wiped off his tears, without looking at her, he walked out of her room.

It was a sleepless night for her. The rain was pouring heavily outside. Not a chance to stop. She kept looking at the window, not realizing when the sun was out. It was drizzling outside. She sat up on her bed as suddenly her door opened. "Y/n, Hyunjin..." Chan's face told how eager he was to tell the news. "What?" She didn't want something terrible to listen to.

"He's in the hospital." Y/n remained silent wanting a further explanation. "I saw him outside last night, just staring at your room. I thought he would go after a while but, he didn't. He was there till midnight and the last thing I saw was Han carrying him to the car. He could barely stand."

"But it was raining outside the whole night!" She said in a panic.

---

She walked up to the door and moved backward. "Forget it." She turned around and started walking. The door clicked open. "Y/n." She turned around on hearing the familiar voice. "Dr. Kim." She walked over to him with a little smile. "Why don't you go in?" She looked at the door again. "H-How's he?"

Seungmin understood that she was trying to ignore the question. "He's still in a coma and the situation is also unclear. But, compared to the situation last time, it's more complicated this time." Y/n ran a hand through her hair. Was it her fault?

"Don't worry too much. It'll be okay." Seungmin smiled a little.

Y/n sat on a bench outside the hospital. She was in her thoughts when it was interrupted by someone. "He must be angry with us." She looked up and saw Jeongin sitting down beside her.

"He's always like this and you know that. Don't worry." He smiled at her as she returned it. "Thanks for helping me." They stayed quiet for a while until Y/n spoke. "My identity...you must've been freaked out. "

"Of course! It's like I made a billion. Actually, frankly speaking, I'm still in shock." Jeongin's expression made her chuckle. "But, I'm still wondering, after hiding it for a long time, why expose it suddenly?" He asked curiously. "Don't go that far. I came to earth to complete a task. After it's completed I'll leave." Jeongin remained silent.

-♡-
Note : Thank you so much for 2k reads!! (´༎ຶ▽༎ຶ')