14. Memories

They both were sitting in the bar. She was just staring at him smiling. She kept her hand on his. "It's been so long. You didn't change a-" He jerked off her hand, cutting her off. "Why did you came back?" He did not gave even a single glance to her. "It has been so long, so I decided to come back." He took a sip of his drink and said. "Why did you leave then?" He finally said looking at her.

There was a silence between the two. "If there is nothing else, I'll leave first." He stood up from the seat. "You know it already Jeongin. I left for Hyunjin, and I came back for Hyunjin." He looked at her in anger. "Right, I like him. And I became friends with you just for him." He let out a chuckle. "You should tell these things to him." He was about to leave but she pulled his wrist.

"I didn't mean to hide it from you. Do you remember when you finally decided that you wanted to be an artist, I went to everyone I knew in order to help you. Even in the most difficult time overseas, I never stopped recommending you. I'm still planning an exhibition of yours." She smiled warmly and patted his head. "Please don't be mad, after all I came back." He signed "What about my brother? You've seen him, right?"

"I'll handle the matter between him and me. We are not that close. And after so many years, he probably has forgotten me. So, I hope you wouldn't tell anyone about the old things between me and him." She took her wine glass "Cheers?" He took his and banged it softly with hers.

--

Hyunjin was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. Suddenly he felt a sharp pain on his cheek and opened his eyes. He saw a foot near his face. She was sleeping on his bed. He got a ticklish feeling on his left foot. He supported himself on his elbows and looked down at his feet. Y/n was sleeping hugging his foot like a teddy bear.

He rolled his eyes at the sight. He decided to get off but when he was on the edge of standing up, Y/n kicked him with her foot which made him fall down. He sat on the floor beside the bed looking at how she was affably dozing. The 'thump' sound of him falling off the bed made her wake up a little. When she fully woke up she started looking here and there. "Why am I on the bed!?" She facepalmed herself. "Must have been attracted to his hormone."

"Where did he go?" She didn't notice him at first but as soon as she turned around, she got startled. "Mr. Hwang! W-why are you on the floor?" He was staring at her with a infuriated glare, still siting on the ground. "I am sorry. I promised to stay away from the bed." He opened his mouth to say something but he got cut off by his phone. The caller I'd showed 'Han.' He picked up.

"Yes Mr. Han." He said."Mr. Hwang , there is a problem. I just got a report. There will be a rainstorm." He hung up and went towards the closet. "Whats wrong?" He turned around to face the woman."Didn't you say that in your hallucinations you are an alien? In your planet, what if someone forgets you?" She shook her head. "It won't. We all store our memories as data in my planet."

"What if someone deletes you then?" Y/n didn't hesitate a lttle to reply. "I'll delete him too. Who cares?" He nodded and turned around to get his suit which was hanged in the closet. "Good. If I don't come back to see you.....Delete me." He said and left the room.

He discharged himself and exited the hospital. A car waiting for him outside the gate. Hyunjin sat inside and the first thing he said was "Mr. Han, activate the data bank. Assemble the heads of every department. Ask them to hand me all the files needing to be dealt with recently."

"I've already arranged that. We've been the expert on coping with your rain-caused amnesia." Han said confidently. "Arrange a meeting this very moment with the memory bank department." Han was a little taken aback at his words. He looked at his boss before saying.

"Meeting? Mr. Hwang Memory bank specialize in storing your memories. No matter how you lose your memories, data stored there will make you recollect your recent memories. As you said to avoid suspicion you didn't often meet with Mr. Yang, in charge of the memory bank. Is there anything special this time?" He asked.

"Nothing special. I just want to check some of my personal files on my own." Han chose not to question further and started the car's engine.

-------

He placed his face near the monitor as the machine scanned his face. The door eventually opened. He went inside and walked to the big book shelf. He pulled out a particular book and a fingerprint recognizer machine came out. He placed his thumb in.

After few seconds, the book shelf divided into two, opening a way to the tech room. The staff bowed and greeted him. One of them came out and guided Hyunjin. "Rest assured. Security system here has been enhanced by technical department. Only insiders know. At ordinary times, only Mr. Han and Dr. Yang would come and exchange info."

The room was filled with monitors, screens and computers. He kept looking at the screen where all his memories were being shown. "One more person knows about this, Its Dr. Kim, Kim Seungmin. He knows about it so if he ever wants to see this, let him. And thank you for your hard work for a long time. I just wanted to check recent memory files." The man thanked him and said. "No problem Mr. Hwang. These memory pieces are all the women you recently met."

The man got closer to he screen and started explaining. Hyunjin also followed his steps listening to every word carefully that came from the man's mouth. "No matter who you forget, we'll make it up here. Who do you want to check?" The screen displayed many faces of women. He scrolled down and stopped at a point. He clicked on her and every thing started displaying on the big monitor. The day they first met till their kiss and every moment they spent together.

-♡-