29. Rejection

"Doesn't matter. I mean our relationship is not real. So it's ok to keep it secret." She smiled and started to walk to the car. Hyunjin noticed her way of walking was weird. He looked at her feet. She was wearing her pencil heels that Hyunjin bought for her. He scoffed.

"You stupid women. Can't even walk in heels." He mumbled. He shook his head and followed behind her. He didn't give time to her and picked her up bridal style. She was trying to figure out what just happened. Once she did she said, "What are you doing? Put me down." She struggled in getting off him.

He pulled her closer making just a little space left between their faces. "Don't move. Listen to me carefully. Since you said you're my girlfriend, from now on you just need to shut up and listen to me quietly. Get it?" She gulped and nodded. "I-I get it." She stuttered and pulled her lips into a thin line and wrapped her arms around his neck. Hyunjin smiled lightly at her response.

---

The sky blue coloured suit she was wearing made her look confident. She looked at the label of the company's name. "For my annunciator. I'll try my best." She took the lift and went to the first floor. The first person to catch her eye was Han who was talking to an employee. As soon as Han noticed Y/n, he smiled and waved at her.

"I'll talk to you later." He said to the employee. She walked over to him. "Y/n, Mr Hwang is in a meeting. I'll take you to meet him later. And this is your seat. If you want something come to my office. All the best for your first day!" He smiled. "Thank you, Mr. Han"

She went to her seat and saw the files. As she was reading them, a lot of noise started coming her way. She saw three boys teasing and laughing at each other. "Stop being so noisy you three!" One employee shouted. The man with brown hair rolled his eyes. "Who the fuck are you to say that?"

Y/n widened her eyes a little. At first impression, she thought he was an innocent guy because of his looks but yeah.... he was mean. The guy with a well-built body pulled his arm. "Forget them." And the third one was a total cutie. All of them walked to her. The third one noticed her. "Umm....hi? " The third one said.

*Okay what! The face doesn't match the voice. It's so deep.*

"Hi. My name is Y/n. I'm new here." She smiled. "Oh hi! I'm Felix. This is Minho and he is Changbin. Guess we four are cabinmates." Y/n looked at the other two who also greeted them nicely. "It'll be fun to work together," Changbin said. "Hope so," Y/n mumbled. "Let's start working otherwise that Hyunjin drama lama will kill us," Minho said. Y/n chuckled.

They all sat down on their seats and started working. Y/n was feeling a bit uneasy. But she didn't figure out what was wrong with her. In between she noticed something. She quickly got up and went to the restroom. She washed her face and looked in the mirror.

"If I will be surrounded by the hormones of men too long, I might eat them. I can't live with three men around me. Ugh! Y/n learn to control yourself." She came back. "Where did you go?" Minho asked. "Uh...just the restroom." He nodded and turned his head to the computer.

She heard the landline ringing on her table. She picked up. "Are there any files on your table?" She looked at the clear glass door. He was visible from her seat. "Yes." She replied. "Bring them in." He said and ended the call. She picked up the files and went to his office. He signalled her to come in. "How's your first day?" He asked. "It's good so far."

"Worked a lot today. Must be tired. I'll call Han, he'll drive you home." He called Han and told her to bring his car to drop Y/n off. When he ended the call Y/n bit her lips. "Mr Hwang, I am interested in the work of the research department. So, can you please give me more work that is related to research?"

Hyunjin didn't take a second to answer. "Fine. I'll tell Mr Han." An idea suddenly popped into his mind. "Come with me." He exited his office followed by Y/n. They were waiting for the lift. "Hyunjin." Someone called out as both of them turned to look at her. "Ms Kim. Why are you here?" Hyunjin asked. Jiho paid more attention to the girl beside him. Hyunjin noticed and spoke. "I don't know if you remember her but this is Y/n. She works for me now."

"Wow. From a restaurant waitress to an employee in such a big company." She said sarcastically. Y/n shook her head. "I only work for him. Don't misunderstand." Jiho faked a smile at her then faced Hyunjin. "I came here from another's car and I don't think it is safe to take a taxi now. Will you give me a ride?" Before Hyunjin could answer Y/n said. "Of course!" Hyunjin looked at her with anger in his eyes.

---

Y/n was sitting in the backseat while Jiho was in front. Hyunjin was driving, but his eyes were fixed on the mirror in front of him. Y/n was on her phone not paying attention to both of them. Hyunjin wanted to gain her attention. But how.

"I heard you have been busy with your personal stuff. Are you facing some problems nowadays?" Jiho asked to make a conversation. "Why asking?" Jiho looked out of the window. "Just because, Jeongin's exhibition is coming soon and you are on your stuff. I'm worried."

Suddenly, Hyunjin "accidentally" pulled the break too hard that made Y/n hurt her head on the seat in front of her. She rubbed her forehead and gave Hyunjin a dead glare. Hyunjin smiled widely in satisfaction. "You don't need to be worried about me." He said. "I am certified by your mom and dad-"

"That day... " He eyed up at the girl in the back seat. She was listening. "You were just a guest which my dad invited." He said coldly. Jiho turned her head halfway near her shoulder to see Y/n's reaction. "I was just kidding. Don't take it too seriously." Jiho chuckled a little to make her less embarrassed.

A right-side turn came up. He purposely turned the wheels faster. Y/n's whole body fell on the right side. A loud thud sound came. "Are you okay?" Jiho asked turning to look at her. Y/n got up and fixed her hair. Hyunjin bit his lips trying to not laugh. "Leave her. She is a tough one."

"Jiho, are you free tonight? I want to talk to you." Hyunjin said looking at Y/n through the mirror. "Sure! But..." She turned around a bit. "He'll drop me first." Y/n smiled. Hyunjin nodded.

"Thank you for the ride, Mr Hwang." She greeted and went inside.

---

Hyunjin got out of the car and walked to the other side. He opened the door for her as she got out. "What is it you want to talk with me?" Jiho was expecting that he would say that he had finally excepted her. "Miss Kim, I just wanted to make it clear that... about the blind date. I don't want anything with you. It's better that you don't waste your time for me." He said and turned around to leave.

"Why?" Her voice cracked. He ignored her words and opened the door. "Even if not love, there is still business involved." She shouted the sentence. He heard it but decided not to respond.

-♡-

Double update?