73. Road crossing

Both of them were walking on the side route. After a silent and awkward walk for a few minutes, Y/n decided to speak up. "Why did you come?" Y/n found it weird that the smile on his face was not leaving. Though it was cute but she kept denying it in her mind. "Nothing serious. I just wanted to experience it. We use to run to the company together." Y/n stopped.

"You remember them?" She asked a little shocked. "Mr. Han told me. He also said you were always finding ways to cure me." She looked at the road. "That was before." She said coldly and walked up to the end of the road but suddenly stopped. She looked at the cars and gulped. She kept thinking of ways but she didn't need to. She felt a warm hand on her wrist.

She looked up to face him but he didn't glance at her once. They both crossed the road while Hyunjin was the lead. Once they were on the other side she made him look at her. "Did Mr. Han tell you this?"

"What?" He asked cluelessly. "That I can't cross the road by myself." Hyunjin looked at the crossing. "Did I often help you cross the road?" She sighed. "No. Forget it." Hyunjin didn't ask further. "Um...Let's go then?" She nodded.

Y/n saw the big entrance. "You may stop following me now. We're almost there." She turned around and whispered trying to not be caught by anyone. "I'll walk you upstairs." He still followed behind. "Don't! Everyone is watching and gossiping." Hyunjin stopped his steps and raised a brow. Somehow, y/n knew that look. And it wasn't good. For her.

He grabbed her hand tightly. "Good morning, Mr. Hwang." Two employees greeted. Y/n's eyes grew wide. She tried freeing herself but his grip was too strong. He smiled at them. "Good morning." She was still struggling. "Stop! Aren't you considered about your fame?"

"Good morning, sir." A male employee said. "Good morning." He replied again with a smile. Y/n noticed he didn't have a plan to release her. She took her chance and stepped on his foot. He jumped out. "Ouch! Y-You're trying to tear up my wound?" He kept his hand on his heart with a painful expression. She frowned.

"B-But I stepped on your foot. I didn't even touch your chest." She said in a pitiful voice. Hyunjin moved his hand away immediately and smiled while dragging her with him. She gasped at his dramatics. "You tricked me! You rascal!"

They took the escalator and Hyunjin still had ignored Y/n's request. She lowed her head and covered her face with her free, left hand. They reached the elevator. "Seriously Hyunjin, leave me." He didn't reply and was just staring at the elevator with a small smile. The lift arrived and the door opened. He dragged her in with her. She clenched her jaw as she saw him pressing the button. Y/n finally gathered the whole of her strength and jerked his hand away. "If you do it one more time, I swear to god-"

"Remember the time that I scolded you?" He asked. "You've scolded me many times. Which time are you referring to?" Hyunjin sighed. "You're making me look bad." He mumbled. "Oh, you are bad." She rolled her eyes. Hyunjin decided not to press the point.

"You said that I hurt you. I want to...make up to you." He stared at her with hope. "Please, don't refuse." He almost whispered. The lift opened as he again held her hand into his. They walked to her table as she sat down on her chair, not ready to face him.  Hyunjin leaned on her table. "I'll pick you up when you're done." Y/n looked around and nodded.

Jeongin stared at them emotionless. Hyunjin smiled at her the last time and got himself out of the company. She sighed in relief. She gazed up at Jeongin's office. "I'm feeling so guilty."

She walked up to his door and knocked. He didn't respond. She didn't hesitate and walked in without permission. "Jeongin-" She stood in front of his desk. He kept checking the files that were on the table. "Didn't you leave?" His voice was cold. It was unusual. "I did. But I had to stay back due to some reason." He said nothing. Y/n got herself to his chair. "I'm sorry. I should've told you before. Don't be mad." He finally decided to look at her. "You're sorry? Do you even mean it?"

"I know... I know I did something selfish. And I said words that hurt you. I didn't mean it, I-I had no choice... How about you say something that will hurt me?" She said. He smiled bitterly. "Hurt you. How?" She stated thinking. "How?.... Um, how about saying something you want to say the most? Or scold me? Or you can just beat me. Either is fine."

He gazed down. "If I say something I wanted to say the most, I'm afraid it might ruin our friendship." Y/n shook her head. "It's fine. Just say it." He looked at her once again. " I...." He stood up and looked down at her face level.

"I like you." Y/n stood frozen. "W-What did you say?" They stared into each other's eyes. "I like you, Y/n." She looked away. "How?" He gulped. "I don't know." He supported himself on his table. "At first, I took you as a friend and asked you for help because I wanted to avoid Hyunjin. I got depressed, so I took you for a drink. No matter what I was in others' eyes, you never looked down on me." He smiled and looked down.

"For the first time, I thought, I can compare with my brother and do well myself." He faded his smile in such a short time. "But later, when he forgot you, I watched you getting upset. I watched you, doing this and that or whatsoever it took for getting his memory back. I knew you got stressed. You weren't as happy as before. I wanted to help you. I wanted you to return to the Y/n we all knew before. Full of laughter and happiness. I felt myself being protective towards you. And finally, I fell in love with you." He stood up and made her look at him by grabbing her arms.

"Y/n, can't you forget him? And try to like me once?" She slowly backed off, making his hands slip from her arms. Jeongin nodded and turned around, letting his back face her. "Don't you dare say you never got a thing for me even once?" She glanced at his back.

"Yes. I used to be attracted to you. But now, I don't think I have the same feelings." He turned around. "Because of Hyunjin?" She shook her head. "Because of myself. I don't want to consider this stuff anymore." She said and ran out of his office.