27. Make her a woman they like

The tension in the room was unbearable. Four people were present in the meeting room. Mr Hwang, Mrs Hwang, Jeongin and Mr Kang, Mrs Hwang's brother. Smirk didn't leave her face. Mr Hwang, Hyunjin's father, was still confirming the photos in his hands.

Hyunjin entered the meeting room. Bowing to his father, he said, "Chairman." Mr Hwang threw the photos in front of him. "Here are no outsiders. Say it clearly. What's wrong?" Hyunjin was shocked to see the photos of him and Seungmin from yesterday. When he dropped him till the car. He didn't show any expression on his face. He looked at Jeongin whose face was saddened. He lip-synced the words. 'I don't know how it happened.'

"Someone sent me these pictures. And he said that you have been going to a psychological clinic. How long do you want to conceal the truth?" Hyunjin looked at her so-called mother's brother. He was smiling at him. It was clear who did it. "Dad, I...." He paused.

"Say something!" Mr Hwang's voice echoed through the room. "I-" Hyunjin didn't know what to say anymore. "The medicine was for me." Hyunjin looked to his side."Y/n" He whispered in shock. "He went to the clinic for me."

"Bullshit! Who are you? How dare you come and bear the crime for Hyunjin!" Mrs Hwang yelled. Jeongin kept a hand on her mother's shoulder but she jerked it off. "I....." She looked into Hyunjin's eyes.

"I'm his girlfriend. I am the one who is sick. He went to the clinic for me." Jeongin smiled at Y/n. Hyunjin held her hand and brought her closer. He turned to face his father. "Dad, I don't want to hold out on you. I have been with Y/n for a while. I hope you can give us approval."

She banged his hand on the table making everyone flinch. "Hwang Hyunjin," Mrs Hwang said. "A few days ago, didn't you still visit us with Jiho? Just a few days passed, your girlfriend has changed. And she's-" Jeongin squeezed his mom's arm. "Mom, don't twist the knife." He whispered in anger. "You know what you should do." Mr Hwang said and walked out of the room followed by his wife and her brother.

When only the three of them were left, Y/n freed her hand from Hyunjin and sighed in relief. Jeongin walked over to them. "Hyung, I didn't expect you're more rebellious than me. So cool." He showed a thumbs up. Hyunjin cured his lips upwards.

"And Y/n, that's the way my mom talk. Don't mind please." She shook her head. "It's fine." Jeongin patted Hyunjin's shoulder giving him wiggling eyebrows. "I gotta go." He left the two alone.

--

"Sister! The thing that Hyunjin wants to do, please don't object." She rolled her eyes. "I haven't asked you."

"I'm helping you! Think about that we lost the chance of catching him on the hip, with his personality, does he leave us a chance? How about doing something about this woman? As soon as I saw her, I knew that she is not a law-abiding woman. Moreover, Jiho still wants Hyunjin. Do you think Hyunjin can handle these two women in the meantime?"

"You mean to let me make the water troubled, and the fish will automatically be troubled. I get it." Little did they both know someone was eavesdropping.

"Why did you help me? Didn't you say that you don't like me?" After everyone left, Hyunjin took her to his office.  "Mr Han...." She just regretted saying that. Hyunjin glared towards Han's office. "What did he say to you?" He asked. "He said that you're ill and I'm the only one that can help you." He closed his eyes. "You already know?" She nodded.

"Although, I don't know what's wrong with you, how can I leave you in the lurch." He rubbed his forehead and sat on his chair. "But I want to make it clear with you. I'll pretend to be your girlfriend. Except treating your illness, you can't cry out for the moon." She looked away feeling awkward to say this. "Ok. I promise. Anything else?" She got confused. "Anything else?"

"You helped me, you must've had some intentions. Money? A job? Statue? Anything I can do, I can give you my promise."

* Who does he think he is? * "No thanks." She said in attitude. "Anyway, I won't be here for a long time." She mumbled in her breath. "What did you say?" She shook her head. "Nothing. You haven't told me what should I do."

"I'll talk to you later about this. First, you have to make it through my dad." He pointed his index finger towards her.

---

"I want these two. And all these four rings too. Package all the things from this section." Y/n was following Hyunjin like a lost puppy. "Hyunjin isn't it too much." Ignored her words like she never said it, he went to the luxury bag section.

After two hours of shopping, they finally exited the mall. In the car, she opened the heels that Hyunjin told her to wear. "But you still haven't told me what to do." He was driving the car and she was sitting next to him.

"Didn't you hear what my father said to you? In his view, you're a person without a statue, without a career and has psychological disease. He means that he wants us to break up. But before he gives the ultimatum, we still have a chance. This meeting was in a rush. I have to find a way so that he can accept you. But, you need to be adaptable." Hyunjin gave a glance to her.

"I get it. You mean to make me a woman they like." Y/n said gazing at him. "I'll teach you the things you need to take cautions of. If you didn't do anything wrong, I think my dad won't roust you too much." She looked out of the window. "We are not having a romance. Why do we need their approvals?"

"You belittle my family. Even if my dad doesn't do it, there are still so many people waiting for you to screw up. Whether our relationship is real or not, this thing cannot be stopped." She remained silent and threw her head back and closed her eyes. "To be my girlfriend, you'll have a tough time. Are you sure you'll not regret it?" Still, with closed eyes, she replied, "Trust me. I never regret what I do."

---

"Y/n? Y/n? We are here." She felt someone shaking her. She rubbed her eyes before opening them fully. "You seem tired. I'll send someone to pick you up tomorrow." Hyunjin said. She nodded with her sleeping eyes. "Byebye." Hyunjin smiled at how cute she sounded with her sleepy voice.