61. Come near me

The couple stepped into the restaurant. Jeongin and Y/n followed behind. Suddenly Y/n held Jeongin's arm to stop him. "Jeongin, can you believe that Jiho herself invited me? I don't have a good feeling about this." He gave her a warm smile. "Don't worry. I'm here." He winked at her walked towards the same direction.

They both entered the room and saw three empty seats. "Sit down." Jiho smiled. Jeongin sat down beside Jiho and made Y/n sit beside him. "It's hot in here. You should open your coat." Jeongin stood up and tugged her coat's collars in his hands, pulling it off. He hung the coat on her chair and sat down.

"Now I understand." Jiho chuckled. "What do you understand?" Jeongin asked. Hyunjin wasn't speaking a word and just looking at the table. But, clearly aware of what was happening in his surroundings.

"When I see you two now, with her assets, Y/n insists on working in the company because of you." Hyunjin looked up at Jeongin and his unpleasant reaction. Hyunjin was about to speak but choose to keep quiet instead. "Do you know that after these two broke up, she got a whole lot of bones from the chairman?"

"What are you saying?" Jeongin glared at her. Y/n looked down and closed her eyes to stay calm. "I mean, Y/n, you are smart. You know that you can get money quickly this way. After breaking up with the elder one she is with the younger brother-"

"Enough!" Hyunjin looked at Jiho.

"Bullshit! " Jeongin yelled.

Y/n looked straight into Jiho's eyes with confidence screaming in them. "Right. I received money from the chairman. But the relation between Hyunjin and me isn't what you think." She stood up. "And if you wanna make me uncomfortable bringing this up then, I'm sorry, darling. I'm not here to play games with you." She took her coat and walked out the room. Jeongin smirk-smiled and stood up too, going behind her.

"Y/n, wait for me!" She stopped and turned around. Her emotionless expression showed that her mood was drained from her.

"Congratulations!" She muddled at Jeongin's sudden congrats. "For?"

"Because you are the first one to scam money from my parents. Only I was able to do it till now but I guess you're special?" His bright smile decided not to leave his lips. "Don't you think that I'm one of the girls who only likes money and nothing else?" He looked up, as though he was thinking something.

"Hmm..If you are a girl who likes money, then I have to be a rich man for you to like me." Laughter escaped her lips. "You knew I didn't take it on purpose. I'll explain it to you later when I'm in a mood." He shook his head. "No need to explain. I know Jiho's tricks more than anyone."

"You know her well?" He paused after her question. "Yeah, I do. Because of Hyunjin. Forget about them. Let's go somewhere out and eat some delicious food." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and made her walk at his pace.

She lifted the teapot from the table and poured some tea into his cup. "What feels so good about bullying Y/n?" He said without looking at her. She kept the pot down and sat back straight on her chair. "I just feel unequal for you. What does she regard you as? A long-term purse?"

He crossed his arms and stared at her coldly. "This is a thing between me and her. I don't need you to cut in." She knitted the skin between her eyebrows. "You are my boyfriend. Of course I can cut in your things! "

He poked his inner cheek and nodded slightly. "Boyfriend? This game...when will you stop this? I wanted to make up today. But what you did, you sternly don't deserve it!" He looked straight at the empty seat. A little chuckle escaped her lips. "You're being this aggressive for Y/n?"

"Our relation has came to an end. Neither does she has anything to do with you nor do you have anything to do with her. Leave her alone." He stood up and grabbed his coat. She quickly did the same and took a grip at his hand. "I won't let you go. Hyunjin, it took me so long to come near you again. I don't want our relationship to be like before."

He looked at their hand and then at her. "You are the best investor in the investment bank, but, you've lot enough principle on me. What you should do now, you know better than me." He pulled his hand back from her and walked out of the door.

---

"I'm in time." She looked at her watch. She walked to the elevators as she noticed that one of them was about to take its ride. "Wait!" She ran over to it and was about to step in but.. "I-" She stepped further distance from the elevator. "Y-You go first." The employees gave her a weird look as the door closed. "I don't wanna see him. That was a close escape."

Suddenly a 'ting' sound was heard behind her. She turned around and was shocked to see the door open. All the employees stepped out and went for the other elevator. "Come in." He commanded.

She pointed at herself. "Me?" He nodded. She bit her lips and stepped into the elevator once again. He was at the very end of the elevator, while she stood just near the door. The door closed. "Were you trying to hide from me?" He said in his deep voice. She didn't turn around to reply. "There were many people. The elevator shouldn't be overloaded." He hummed in response.

"Then you can come near me now."