90. Time is ticking

"Feeling good?" Hyunjin nodded still in his thoughts. "Does it hurt?" He shook his head. "Not at all. It feels like nothing happened... But a lot did." Jeongin wasn't able to figure out what he was trying to say.

"Somi..." He didn't know why his heart was clutching and sinking. "She sacrificed herself... and saved me... for Y/n." They both stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Y/n, she left," Jeongin said as he looked up at Hyunjin's reaction. "We won't be able to see her again." Hyunjin sighed as he laid down and pulled the blanket over him.

---

She kept looking at the annunciator trapped in a necklace she wore, throwing its shinning blue light brightly. "If I press it, everything will be back to normal. And if I don't, I'll die."

Y/n kept fighting with herself since yesterday. "I can't leave without saying bye." She picked up her coat and decided to go to the hospital.

The door opened and saw a nurse tidying up the room. "Excuse me, do you have any idea about the patient in this room?" She asked curiously. The nurse looked in her direction and answered her from the place she was in.

"He left an hour ago. He was recovered somehow, so the doctor permitted him to go back." Y/n quickly thanked the nurse and called Jeongin. He didn't pick up. "Why isn't he picking up!?" She didn't waste time and texted him.

"Y/n is pissed off." Jeongin didn't get his eyes off the road and gave his phone to Hyunjin who was sitting next to him.

Hwang Hyunjin, at six p.m. I'll wait for you at the Banpo bridge. If you don't come, I'll throw the annunciator into the river. I mean it.

Hyunjin kept the phone down. "Hey, aren't you gonna reply to her? If she throws it, everything will be ruined." Hyunjin looked out of the window. "Leave it to me. I have a plan."

She roamed around the bridge for half an hour. She took out her phone and looked at the time. "5:57..." She mumbled in her mouth. "Three minutes and I'll throw it." She closed her phone and put it inside her pocket. She turned around and kept staring at the river. She was in deep thoughts when a voice traveled through her ear.

"Waiting for whom? " She turned around. He smiled awaiting for a hug but that never came and instead pushed him.

"Hwang Hyunjin, you asshole! I thought you weren't coming." Hyunjin chuckled a little. "Is that funny? You didn't even reply to my text." He noticed her voice cracking.

He pulled out his hands from his long coat pockets, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry. Everything happened so suddenly. I still need time."

She pulled back. "So-" Hyunjin didn't let her speak. "Respect our relationship." She frowned. "What do you mean?" Hyunjin caressed her hair. "Cherish our time together. Even if it's only for a day, I'll still cherish it. Even if it's only for a second, I'll still cherish it." He gave her a warm smile.

"After all, in the rest of my life, I won't open my chest for another woman." He said as he kept his hand on his chest. Y/n smiled a little and kept her hands on his chest "Does it still hurt?" He shook his head.

"No... What are you thinking?" She moved away from him and took his hands in her. "I.... won't leave." Hyunjin turned his facial expression into a serious one. "Won't leave?"

"If I do, I wouldn't be able to return. My age is due. The system will assign me a partner and the law will force us to marry. I don't wanna go back." His eyes were filled with tears.

"You'll die if you don't go." She smiled. "I'll die then." She wrapped her arms around him. He curved the corner of his lips upwards, hugging her back.

"We'll always be together." He said and kissed her forehead. She pulled away and looked at the river and lifted her hands bringing them up to her neck and pulling out the locket with her annunciator.

"Thanks for letting us meet. But, I don't need you anymore." She said looking at the annunciator. Hyunjin kept staring at her without saying anything. She pulled back her hand, ready to throw it into the river when Hyunjin took a grip on her hand. "What are you doing?"

He pulled her hands back down. "I heard from Somi that pressing the annunciator will activate it."

Hyunjin held her thumb into his fingers and pressed the annunciator. A blue light flashed from it, going up to the sky and vanishing soon after. "What did you do!?" She yelled. His tears finally came out.

"I'd rather let you hate me than see you die, Y/n." Hyunjin started sobbing hard.

"Was it only because of the annunciator that you were loving me?" He tightly hugged her and attached his lips to hers. "Don't." His voice came out in whispers. He pulled back and looked into her eyes.

"I truly love you, Y/n." Y/n couldn't stand him crying. She smiled at him with glossy eyes. She accepted since nothing can be done now.

"Can you promise me something?" He nodded while still crying. "The spaceship will take time to come, until then, I want to spend all of my time with you." He nodded rapidly as he cried harder and pulled her into a hug once again.