43. Scent

They reached their destination. The house was made of wooden, looked like from the ancient time. "It's here." An old man came out from behind the house. He had some beautiful flowers in his hands. The man noticed them and smiled. "Welcome." The three smiled back and followed the man.

The house was big from the inside unlikely of how it looked from outside. "Old but big." The man said. "Miss, if you want you can sleep with my daughter." Y/n flashed a smile. "No thank you, sir, I'm gonna sleep with him." She looked at Hyunjin. He didn't show any emotion. "No, you can't!" Shouted Jeongin.

"I'm gonna sleep with my brother." He stretched his arms and side hugged Hyunjin. "Stop," Hyunjin said in a low voice as Jeongin shook his head. "Then let's sleep together." Y/n suggested.

The beds were made on the floor. Y/n was the first one to enter the room. She sat down on the middle one. Hyunjin entered. "You are not sleeping in the middle." He ordered. "Why?" He walked to her bed and looked down at her.

"Because I wanna sleep in the middle." Y/n sighed and just obeyed as she was in a good mood. She got up and went to the right side. Laying herself down, she pulled the duvet over her. Hyunjin also laid and made himself comfortable.

It was a sleepless night. Y/n was happy that she found her signal but she never thought about how to take it outside his body. She kept on thinking of ideas of taking it out. She had some but, all of them will cause harm to him.

*Why wasn't it sensed when we were inside? I should have. Was it because we were outside? Or what......Wait, is it related to the wind? Whatever it is, I have to be extra careful. I can't let anything happen to him. It's very dangerous. Ugh! My head is exploding.*

Jeongin came out stretching his body. "Y/n? Hyung?" He called out. "They are gone to buy breakfast." He heard a voice coming from the living room. Jeongin got in and bowed to him. "Good morning. Wasn't there a typhoon today?" The man was sitting on the floor and drinking his tea. "There is." Jeongin wandered around the room. It had many shelves. Many different bottles were kept in it.

Some were transparent making the colours visible. "Are these all made by you?" He asked. The old man smiled. "Yes. If you want, you can choose some of them for your friends." Jeongin sat down on the floor. The table in front of him had a few perfume bottles. He took one out and smelled it. "Slightly faint smell. It's fresh and cool. Is this Sicilia Orange Blossom?"

"You're good at this." He smiled. Jeongin sniffed it again. "Why do I smell a bitter faint now?" The man kept his cup on the table. "Guess what I added to it." He sniffed it again as his smile faded. "I can give you a hint." He kept the perfume down. "No need. It's daisy." The old man was amused. "How did you know?" Jeongin kept a straight face. "I made it hidden. Because it's a smell of love." Jeongin smiled bitterly.

--

"You broke into his memory bank?" Jiho smirked. Allen smiled. "Uh, well no. I only got the duplicates. And not only these but there are recordings too. The security is very tight." Jiho laughed in her drunk voice. "Such a shameless man you are. You just brought duplicates and placed them in front of me!? Find a way to hack it quickly!"

--

"Hyunjin drive slowly, I'm getting dizzy. You won't even let me open the window." He didn't say anything and just unlocked her window. She stuck her head out a little to get the fresh air. This reminded her. Wind. She looked at him then his chest area. She hesitated.

* You gotta do this Y/n.*

She took a deep breath in. She went closer to him and placed her head on his shoulder with her one hand on his chest. He grabbed her hand and got it away from him. "What are you doing? Take your seat if you don't wanna get caught in an accident." He said. Her face saddened as she sat back. "I just wanted to go home."

"You two, pack up. Take the samples to the company. We'll leave early today." Hyunjin told them. "No. I still have something. You can go first." Jeongin said. "You think I will leave Y/n with you?" Jeongin smirked. "What are you thinking?" He turned to the man. "Mr Sun, you said that the scent that my brother made should be an old vinegar right?" Jeongin chuckled. Mr Sun gestured Hyunjin to sit down. "Have a try, then we can know."

"Try what?" Y/n asked curiously. "Recognizing people by scent," Jeongin answered. Mr Sun got up and started collecting some tiny bottles. He placed all of them on the table in front of them. "Here are some samples. All of them are different. Smell them and give me your favourite test strips." Y/n and Jeongin started smelling.

Hyunjin sat there staring, not showing much interest. Mr Sun came back with a new test bottle. "Try this. It's a new one." Y/n took the strip in her fingers and sniffed it. "Smells good." Jeongin took the strip in her hands and smelled it. "It fits summer. Hyung." He passed it to him he smelled it for a second and kept it on the table. "Too sweet."

"It's ok. Try the second one." The man suggested. Y/n smelled it first. "It smells like forest." She handed it to Jeongin. "It's like....pine." Y/n nodded in agreement. Hyunjin sniffed it. "Bitter." Y/n rolled her eyes so did Jeongin. "These two are not very good. Do you have something innovative?" The man looked around and found the bottle he was looking for. "How about this." Hyunjin took the bottle and sniffed it. He zoned out for a bit. "This smell is so strange," Jeongin said.

"The smell is kinda pale." Mr Sun said sitting down. "Do you have a sample?" Hyunjin asked. Jeongin and Y/n looked at him in disbelief. "This is a precious one. I remember it rained when I made this, which affected the humidity of the sample. The data of some dose can no longer be estimated."

"Mr Sun, as we were talking about recognizing people by scent, we want to know his choice." Jeongin got his interest all of a sudden. "By Mr Hwang's choice, it's not an easy position but Y/n and Jeongin, your choices are very familiar. Passionate and generous, full of affection and very talented." Jeongin and Y/n smiled.

He kept his arm around her shoulder. "I am in rapport with Y/n. My brother doesn't have the same fun as us." Hyunjin raised his brows. "How about we stay for a few days. We'll come after the new products are produced." Jeongin said.

"Ask Y/n. Is she willing to stay with you here?" Hyunjin said. Both of them stared into her soul at the same time. "Well, I...I...I would like to stay with Jeongin." She said looking at the smiley boy. "Didn't you just say that you wanna go home?" Hyunjin eyed her. "That's because she was with you. When she is with you she wants to go home, but when she is with me she wants to stay. Right Y/n?" He teased.