55. Faded memories

He kept looking outside the window without blinking. Han noticed that he was zoned out. "Mr Hwang? Are you ok?" He blinked a few times and looked at the driver's seat. "Mr Han, what are the earliest memories you find of me and Kim Jiho?" He thought for a while.

"I think...When you went with her on a blind date for the first time. After all, your memory database was built after entering the company." He nodded and looked to his side. He found a white purse. "This..."

"Oh this..Y/n forgot it yesterday at the mall." He found a little movement in her purse. He opened it a little and saw a little cute thing. He took it keeping it between his thumb and fingers. "Leave me, you heartless man." She started struggling. Hyunjin observed it up and down. "Why does she have such a weird pet?"

Whatever she said was not understandable to him. He started to admire it. "Ahhh! This man has no shame. How can he look at a girl like that!?" Han looked at the turtle. "This is very precious to Y/n. We should give it back as soon as possible." Hyunjin chuckled while looking at her cute features.

---

The street lights were out. They both walked towards the restaurant. Jeongin was holding a big box in his hands. "This is the most important sales document in The H group in these recent years. "

"You think too highly of me." Jeongin smiled at her. "I should. Just do your work at home. Don't surf much on the internet. And the Tv and newspaper, don't look at them." She stopped her steps. "Huh?" He turned around and looked at her. The neon lights of the restaurant were highlighting her beautiful face. He came closer to her and moved a little part of her hair, tugging it behind her ear. "Um.." Her words were stuck in her throat.

Hyunjin started at them from a distance. Jeongin smiled at her. "Just stay away from the company." He said in a little low tone. They both heard the noise of footsteps coming closer. They looked in the direction. He stood in front of them and glared at Y/n. "Hyung, why are you here?" He didn't reply. Y/n moved a little back. "Why are you staring at me like that?" He threw her purse at her and she caught it well in time. "Because you are bothering me."

"You are bothering her!" Jeongin said gaining his attention. "How am I bothering her?" Jeongin eyed him. "That-" Hyunjin frowned not understanding what was he going for. Jeongin sighed and then looked at Y/n. "You go in first." She nodded and turned her back to them.

"Don't go." She turned her head around and raised her brow. "And why should I listen to you?" She looked at Jeongin and smiled. "I'll be going now. Good night." She walked inside and Jeongin turned to face his brother.

"Do you even know all I did today was one job and that was to avoid Y/n knowing about the anecdote between you and Jiho? You are torturing all of us. I don't care if you both make it up together or whatever, just don't come up to Y/n." Hyunjin never saw Jeongin that serious. "Make it up together? You knew that I was with Jiho when we were in high school?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds and looked at his brother with rage in his eyes. "I don't wanna talk about it anymore." He took and pause and then continued. "From Jiho to Y/n, which one is not dumped by you? You can't just break up with women the other day just because you're a jerk." Hyunjin didn't say anything. The silence was killing them.

"Jeongin...That was in high school. I and Jiho don't have the relationship you are thinking." Jeongin let out a chuckle. "Now the news had been spread all over, and you are trying to play others." He started clapping his hands together.

"You are great! You are definitely my brother. Not positive, not refuse, not responsible. It's women's bad luck to meet you." He glared at him for the last time and walked in the opposite direction. "You are this mad just for Y/n?" Hyunjin shouted from behind making him pause.

"Yes! You're right." He turned around. "I can't stand you hurting her." Hyunjin walked over to him. "I know what you mean. Maybe I loved Y/n before, but I don't remember that feeling now. Then you say, what should I do to avoid hurting her?"

"I don't need you to do anything. Just think over a question." Hyunjin was waiting for him to continue. "Do you still want Y/n?"

He remained silent. He suddenly held his heart area with his right hand bending down a little. "Ah.." Jeongin's eyes widened. "H-Hyung, what happened?" He tried holding him. He closed his eyes as he started to feel a lot of stress on his brain.

"Profiteer"

"Mr Hwang, your take-out is here."

"I'm so cold. Can you hold me? You are so warm."

He breathed heavily and looked up at him. "Do you want to know the answer?....I. Don't. Want. Her. "

She looked down at the street. "Isn't it too stupid to talk in front of my room?" Her voice stuttered as she closed the window.

"Fine then. I will have her." He turned around. "And I'll remember what you said today. If you regret this later, I won't go easy on you."