49. Blue tears

"Stop following me everywhere!" He yelled at the woman standing in his bedroom. "Hyunjin, please listen at once-" She approached him. He commanded her to stop with his hands but she didn't stop her steps. "I'm warning you." He said for the last time but again she wasn't willing. She kept moving but only to be pinned by him to the big window glass. "Tell me."

"W-What?" She looked at her wrists which were grabbed by him. "You said you were going to help me. What do you mean?" His cold glare made her heart sink into her stomach. "I know that you have lost your memory." Her voice was low. Silent filled the room. He breathed.

"Who told you?" She looked at him in his eyes. "You told me...You told me that you were sick and only I can heal you. Please try to recall it Hyunjin. You said I was the only one whom you could remember."

"Are you my girlfriend or not?" She didn't reply. "Answer me. Have I ever fallen in love with you?" She looked away. "No. We had a fake relationship all this time. You never brought me flowers. Never drove me to the company. And we couldn't live without having arguments. You never had feelings for me. Just like now." She smiled warmly. "I was just a tool to cure your illness." He released her and turned his back to her. "Yes. I knew you were a liar from the beginning."

"Yeah, I lied to you. But you still owe me something." She gulped as her voice cracked. "Say it. I can give you anything. But, stay away from me." He looked at her coming closer to him. "It's in your heart." Absent-mindedly she kept her hand on his chest. "Are you crazy?" He jerked her handoff.

"I don't know what happened between us in the past, but now, I would rather never have my memories back with you. Get out." She sighed. Glancing at him the last time, she stepped out of the door. Watching her going out, he held his chest as tight as possible. He groaned in pain and sat on the bed for support.

---

"Good morning Director Hwang." All of them bowed. He kept nodding and went to her cabin. He saw her seat empty. He stopped an employee walking, in between. "Good morning sir." Minho bowed to greet him. He nodded.

"Good morning...Minho? Am I right? You were Y/n's cabinmate before if I'm not wrong." Minho nodded. "Uh...Do you know where is Y/n?" He looked at her seat. "I don't know sir." A female beside her seat suddenly spoke out. "Sir, she took a day off." He frowned. "Okay. Thank you."

"She didn't do this because she didn't wanted to see me...." He mumbled. He went into his office. "Did something happen to her?" He opened his contacts. 'Sorry, the number you have dialled-' He hung up. "Why is she not picking up." His phone started ringing. He quickly looked at the I'D. "H-Hello?"

---

He stared at her back for a few seconds before walking up to her with confidence. "Are you going to stimulate me on purpose? What do you want now?" He asked. She smiled and turned to him. "I heard that Bahng Y/n has been transferred to your department by your brother." He nodded. "Yes." She smirked. "I also know that Y/n and Hyunjin have been in a deep relationship....and you have been hiding it from me."

"I wasn't hiding it. It's a matter between you two. I and Y/n have nothing to do with it." She reduced the gap between them. Jeongin glared at her but didn't step back. "I know that you can't see me being sad, and you want to protect me right?" His eyes were shaking as he looked away.

"Jeongin, can you fire Y/n?" His eyes grew wide and his blood boiled from anger. "Jiho, you exposed the sapphire case, I covered it for you! And now you want me to fire her!?"

"Yes?" Panicking, she spoke. "Jeongin, please help me. I don't have much time. I was the one who exposed Y/n's case. Now your brother is finding the people who did it. Jeongin please, I need Hyunjin's fingerprint. The case has been halfway solved. If I'll delete the article and the information, no one can find out who was behind it. The laptop is in Hyunjin's office and it can only be opened with his fingerprint."

"What? How dare you even ask for help!" He yelled through the phone. "Come on Jeongin. I remember how you used to buy me my favourite tea, no matter how far it is. And now, it's just a fingerprint."

"I am not fucking helping you through this." He hung up in anger.

"I see, you're worried about her. Fine, I promise to give her the luxurious life everyone wants as long as leaves Hyunjin's side." He looked down at her level. "Jiho, you are not in the right mind state. You sound like a psychopath who will do anything for love. And about firing her, in the future, don't ever be in a misunderstanding that I will do whatever you'll say." He turned his heels around and left her alone.

His one hand was busy holding the bottle of beer. The wind was brushing off his face as he stared at the pleasing view in front of him. The sea waves calmed his mind. He suddenly heard footsteps coming closer. "Why are you here?" He turned his head around and then again turned it back. "A senior found out his subordinate was absent, of course, he had to come to her place and scold her." He patted the wooden chair beside him. She sat down. "What happened?"

She sighed and slowly began looking straight. "I helped a man I shouldn't have helped. And I did things I shouldn't have done." It was the time she realized her state. "What do you mean? Did you see Hyunjin?" He asked. She nodded and looked at him. "Once I get what I want, I will have nothing to do with him." He sat up straight. "What do you want? Can I help?" He asked curiously. She looked down as her vision blurred a little. "No, you can't."

A blue droplet escaped her eye. She couldn't hold it. "I want to go home." Her voice cracked. Jeongin didn't know what to do at her sudden outburst. He got up and kneeled at her level. He grabbed her waist and hugged her. Tears were rolling down consistently. "I really want to go home!" She raised her voice a little to let out her frustration. Jeongin looked at her face. "Y/n listen- why-why do you h-have blue-" Y/n grabbed Jeongin's face and forced him to look in her eyes. Her eyeballs turned blue. Eventually, he fainted.

"Sorry, Jeongin."