Chapter 85

The Next Day - Ray's POV

Me and Katsuki walk into the Mizukage mansion, not really sure quite what to expect since we made up last night, but Aunt May still wants me to come over for dinner and to talk.

"Ray, catch me!" Adrian yells on the chandelier, I watch as he jumps off the chandelier.

"Adrian no!" Hugo yells in shock, but I catch Adrian in my arms easily. "Thank god." Hugo says relieved.

"You really gotta stop doing that, I don't care if you think it's fun, but that's dangerous." I say to Adrian who laughs as I set him on the floor.

Hugo scolds Adrian and that amuses me while Katsu looks nervous. "This reminds me of when you would scold Deku when we were kids." Katsu says to me quietly.

I smile slightly at that. "Aunt May! We're Here!" I call up the stairs.

"In the kitchen!" I hear Aunt May call back from the kitchen.

Me and Katsu go to the Kitchen and then spend hours talking with Aunt May about what happened and figuring out how to prevent it from happening again.

"We really just need to learn how to reel in our hot heads and just talk to each other, even if it's over something stupid." I say to Katsu who nods.

"I'm sorry." Katsu says as he hugs me around my shoulders, making me smile slightly. "From now on, we talk, I don't ignore you, we figure things out." Katsu says to me firmly.

Aunt May smiles. "Communication is key in a relationship, now you two hopefully know that and can move on and proceed to strengthen your relationship." Aunt May says to us.

Katsu hugs me tighter.

We eat dinner and I feel a lot more relaxed now that I'm not so emotionally distraught over what's been going on.

"You look like you've been stressed." Peter says as he hangs on my shoulder as I'm washing the dishes.

"And where have you been?" I ask Peter.

"I was hanging out with a guy from class." Peter says to me. "He's pretty chill." Peter says to me.

"So what I'm hearing is, you made a friend?" I ask Peter. "For probably the first time ever." I say and Peter oofs.

"Rude, I have friends, they just like each other more than they like me, so they usually hang out without me most of the time." Peter says to me.

"And that's generally why I don't do the whole social interaction thing, I already dislike the whole friend hierarchy. I talk to the people in my class and hang out with them, but they each got their own friend groups that they generally stick to. I don't cause I'm usually the peace maker in class." I say to Peter who looks amused.

"What about Tara?" Peter asks me.

"Tara and I, don't really get along as well as we thought we would, we have a bunch o differing opinions, she didn't like my work study with Endeavor, she openly doesn't like my view on hero's, I generally don't judge her, so she can keep her opinions, I'm not gonna judge if she decides to rival me. We work together great on the field, but when it comes to personal lives, it's just sorta, meh." I say to Peter as I start drying the dishes and putting them away.

"I see. So what I'm hearing is, you need friends." Peter says to me.

"Cringe." I say and Peter laughs. "I prefer not being stuck to a specific group, I will hang out with the people in my class, but I will not create a group to stick with all the time, considering Katsu's group is always around, so I get my fill of being around people." I say to Peter who nods. "Anyways, about this new friend of yours." I say to Peter.