Chapter 86

The Next Day - Ray's POV

I go to the practice room with Eve on my shoulder, Dad and Shinso are there waiting.

"Why'd you bring your cat?" Dad asks me.

"I have to keep her in my sights right now, she's not doing to good." I say as I scratch Eve's chin who purrs quietly. "Eve scratched her eye on accident, and on top of that, she managed to get into something that got her sick, so now I have to keep an annoyingly close eye on her, she loves the attention, I have things to get done." I say to Dad who nods.

"Why can't Bakugou watch the cat?" Dad asks me.

"He went out with his group of friends to go to a local arcade and bowling lane to have fun." I say to Dad. "And since I don't know the meaning of fun, I'm here instead for the sake of my cat." I say to Dad who nods at that.

I put Eve down with my bag and she lays there purring, her tail lightly tapping the ground. "Yeah, yeah, what a spoiled kitty." I say and Shinso smirks at that.

"Your adorable. Your mother is just so cruel, isn't she?" Shinso sympathizes with my cat as he pets her.

I watch the two. "I am anything but cruel to her. I get her something new every week, she eats the best cat food money can buy, her cat tree extends all around the top of my room, I take her to the vet every month for a check up, she has a field day when I let her travel with me, she gets to do whatever she wants." I say to Shinso who laughs.

We get on with training in how to fight low key like how Dad does it, martial arts and all that jazz, thinking rationally and everything like that.

At about 8pm, we finish for the day

I take Eve back to my dorm room and I apply her medicine carefully before I go take a hot shower. "Ray?" Mina asks outside my shower area.

"What's up Mina?" I ask her as I shampoo my hair thoroughly.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come with us girls to go watch a movie at the theaters." Mina asks me.

"Nope." I say to her.

"Why not?" Mina whines.

"I don't do public theaters, the people there can be rude, I've never had a good experience there when going with friends." I say to Mina. "Besides, according to Denki, I don't know what fun is, so I'm going to watch the Hallmark channel while playing video games in my room while keeping a close eye on my cat so she doesn't hurt herself further." I say to Mina.

"Kami was right, you are no fun." Mina pouts and leaves.

"Yeah, fully aware of that." I say and I finish my shower after about 15 minutes.

I put on my clothes and I sit in the sink on the counter, brushing my hair since it's going to take a while to brush through my hair.

The girls come in to get ready to go to the movies and see me brushing my hair.

"Ray, I know you don't want to come, but why do you have to be alone all the time?" Hagakure asks me.

"What?" I ask her surprised.

"You never actively try to hang out with anyone except Bakugou, and even then, you just let things happen, you never make plans with anyone unless it's family and you don't have a close set of friends either." Hagakure says to me.

I think quietly. "I gave up being the last choice a long time ago, you can ask Izu about the friend group I was in, if you'd like, but that's when I stopped actively trying to be apart of someones life who didn't make any move to keep me in their life." I say to Hagakure. "I figured out a while ago, to just go with the flow, go in and out of peoples lives, is a lot easier, than being someones last choice to hang out with." I say to her as I finish brushing my hair.